Deal's a Deal

Life On The Line

Taeyeon had never felt so exhausted in a long time. It seemed that the hours of lovemaking and the emotional drain she experienced before mixed to the point that right after their physical deed, she drifted quickly onto a peaceful and deep sleep. She remained motionless throughout her slumber, and only wake up once she felt her stomach hurt due to hunger. Yet, recognizing the warm skin around her waist, she was forced to remember what had just happened and she couldn’t help but feel slightly foolish for giving up the fight so easily.

She laid there, over-thinking. She was somewhat still angry over the fact that he blamed everything on her and she looked for any reasoning or way that he could think or conclude to that but she found nothing. Then her thoughts switched to the possibility that he could still be angry and that upset her the most. In their five months of marriage, this was the first time that they had fought with such severity, and even though it wasn’t a fight that should affect both much, she was fearful anyways.

It took her a few thoughts of encouragement for her to turn to look at him, and she was slightly startled when he tightened her grip on her and brought her closer to his body. “Where are you going?” He asked, and she couldn’t even find the courage to open to respond back. She instead continued to look at him, trying to decipher whether or not he was still angry. With his gesture asking as to why she was staring, all she could do was shake her head, a lump forming in .

"Hey…" She then heard him start to speak, later feeling his fingers trace on her side softly as he continued, causing the skin underneath his touch to form goosebumps. "I’m sorry for yelling at you and making you cry earlier. I know it wasn’t your fault. I was just scared since I really thought I was going to lose you today. I was actually worried but I guess it came out wrong." He rested his chin near her shoulder, his eyes locked on hers while she looked back at him, her gaze never wandering. "And I know I can’t take back what I said. I didn’t realize what I was saying or doing until I saw you sobbing your eyes out. I’m an idiot, I know."

It took her a few seconds to process what he just said and a few more to form a reply. “You didn’t even know what happened and you blamed it all on me.” She said, her voice barely audible. “It really hurt you know… because I really was following your instructions. My backpack actually hit the vase… not me. It was a mistake because I noticed it there but in the surprise of hearing guards around me, I forgot that I had my backpack and you know how it goes…” She nodded, reminding him of the few times that similar incidents had happened to him. “And you would have understood but you didn’t listen and you didn’t even ask for my side of the story, you just blamed everything on me and even made it sound like I did it on purpose, and it was the most ridiculous thing I had ever heard.” She took a deep breath, feeling a few more tears form in her eyes.

"It really didn’t help that I was already scared that I would lose my life, but then when you found me in the hallway I felt a bit of relief because I knew you could help me outrun them, but deep inside came the realization that I endangered you, and it became really strong once we started walking and I didn’t have the adrenaline running through me… I would prefer for me to die before you getting killed a million times, and that’s why it bothered me so much. And then you started arguing with me, it was too much for me to handle." She nodded, staying quiet afterwards, stopping the tears from running down her cheeks with deep breaths.

All Chanhee could do was listen, but listening to her side of the story made him feel even worse, and he only wished he could take everything back. “I’m sorry… I was just really scared. I can’t lose you, I can’t lose us. I overreacted… and I’m sorry. I was angry at the fact that I could have lost you and I took it out on you and I shouldn’t have. I can’t even apologize enough…” He said, frowning and closing his eyes, almost not able to face her. 

"Are you really sorry?" She asked. He then opened his eyes again and looked at her, knowing clearly that there was no way she could feel how truly and deeply sorry he felt about the situation. "I am.. how can I prove it to you?" Once again, she stared at him in silence. She had already forgiven him, but she wanted to at least spend some time with him before they returned back to their frantic business life. "Cook for me and let’s spend the rest of the day together. No games, no working, no shopping… Just the two of us, relaxing and being us." He then nodded quickly and without hesitation. "Come on then." He smiled softly after kissing her cheek before getting out of the bed.