Apology

Life On The Line

A few hours after the affair, dusk was upon them. They both just laid there in silence, with her laying on her back & him laying on his front side next to her, under the thick covers. His arm has been around her waist for the longest time as he laid there & just looked at the back of her head, that was facing him. She usually, either after or just cuddling in general, would look at him & engaged in weird conversations. However this time was obviously different & only comes on rare occasions.

Two conclusions easily came to his mind; she was either asleep or she was making it seem like she was asleep just to avoid talking to him. Despite that he's leaning more over on the second choice, he just stayed quiet & still, giving her time to clear her head or lessen her anger towards him.

He did some thinking himself as well. Thinking of ways to apologize to her for being an inconsiderable jerk he was to her earlier. He knows he screwed up & seeing her cry, for the first time throughout their whole marriage, because he yelled at her didnt make things any better. He looked at her for a little while more before sighing quietly to himself, burying his face on the pillow & continued to think of ways to apologize.

Not even a minute or two has passed & he could feel Taeyeon moving from under his arm. She was about to get up when he tightened his grip around her waist, pulling her close to him. "Where are you going?" he asked tiredly with his face still buried on his pillow. After a few seconds of silence has passed, he turned his head to face & look at her. He found her already looking at him. He raised a brow, indicating the "What?" question. She just shook her head quietly.

"Hey..." he began his apology, hoping that his words would come out like he wanted it to. He then ran his fingers on her side softly as he continued. "I'm sorry for yelling at you & making you cry earlier. I know it wasnt your fault. I was just scared since I really thought I was going to lose you today. I was actually worried but I guess it came out wrong." He rested his chin near her shoulder, his eyes still locked on hers. "& I know I cant take back what I said. I didnt realize what I was saying or doing until I saw you sobbing your eyes out." He then shrugged lightly. "I'm an idiot. I know."