Heavy Dose

Life On The Line

While his wife started doing her part of the research, Chanhee sat on the available desk & started to go through archives of the unknown man & comparing them to information the driver gave them. Whenever he felt something was off about the information on the archives with the information the driver gave them, he’d take a note pad & a pen & wrote it down.

After what seems to be a couple of hours has passed, he stretched his arms forward & put his head down, leaning a side of his face on his unflexed bicep. He could feel fatigue taking him but he knew he couldnt sleep just yet. He didnt even go through half of the archives & he knows that he couldnt do them when the sun’s up.

He stayed like that for a while before he straighten his back & sat up. He rubbed his closed eye as he stood up & turned his body around & walked towards the bed. “Hey, I’m going to make coffee. You want a—” that’s when he looked at Taeyeon to find her already fast asleep.

A small smile formed on his lips as he continued to look at her, sleeping peaceful without a care in the world. He then carefully took her laptop off her lap & put on the desk where he was sitting at. He went back to the bed & changed her upright position to a lying position. He pulled the thick covers up to her shoulders & looked at her for one last time before leaning in & kissed her forehead. He then straighten his back as he went back to the desk to gather his things & quietly left the bedroom.

He walked down the stairs & approached the dining room. He put his things down & went over the counter to start making coffee.

It was nearly the break of dawn when caffeine could no longer save him from the heavy dose of fatigue. He went through almost all the archives about this man so he let fatigue take him away. He placed his arms on the table & rested his head on his arms. He then closed his eyes & was sound asleep in no time.