Those Rare Things

Life On The Line

After being pecked on the lips & being pushed away, Chanhee gave her a small, yet tired smile before making his way to the table. He pulled out the wooden chair then lazily sat down. He rubbed his eyes while he picked up his fork. He then stared at his food for a while & began poking his eggs with the metal fork. 

Chanhee was currently running roughly about four hours of sleep. Four hours of sleep was the usually for him however, running on four hours & being beyond tired was a rare thing. He was even too tired to eat, but knowing how his wife is so persistent about almost everything, he has to eat. I’ll eat eventually… he thought as he continued to poke his eggs with the fork & slowly started to blank out.

After a while of blanking out, he heard her voice & brought him back to reality. “… really late again babe?” He caught the last of her sentence. Chanhee blinked & looked at her a bit confused. What was she talking about? “I don’t like it when you do that, you’re going to get sick." she continued & soon frowned. 

Once she frowned, he knew what she was talking about. He couldnt help but feel bad for always staying up late, playing video games or doing work for their missions. All he could do was sit there in silence. “We need all the energy we can gather…" Taeyeon continued. Chanhee nodded a bit with his eyes still on her. "I’ll be fine babe," he murmured before giving her a small smile. He then looks down on his plate & started to feed himself.

After breakfast, he took a quick, cold shower & put on clean clothes. Once Taeyeon was finished getting ready, they walked out the door, made their way towards the car & soon out the drive way. 

On the way there, Taeyeon was going through a couple CDs. He glanced at her then back at the road. “What are those?” he asked curiously. “Justin Timberlake CDs” she said & started singing her heart out. “HOP INTO MY SPACESHIP COUPEEEEEEE. THERE’S ONLY ROOM FOR TWO, ME AND YOU”

Chanhee stayed quiet & secretly judged his wife as she continued to sing out loud to her hearts content.