Back To Business

Life On The Line

And Taeyeon sang to her heart’s content throughout their way, her favorite way to relax before a stressful and long day approaching, though slightly aggravating her sleep-deprived husband. When they had finally arrived at their destination, Taeyeon pouted, half sad because the music had been interrupted, and half because their real work was about to begin.

It was then that she realized that she had no idea of where they were. She looked out the window, noticing nothing but a variety of trees and a dirt road underneath them. So before getting out of the car, she asked Chanhee. They were about two miles away on a secret trail to the house of their target, and this made Taeyeon frown once again. She didn’t have the best sense of direction, and it was sometimes a wonder how she survived in missions like these before she met her counterpart.

Before going on their way, they both reviewed the map of the trail that he had found during his research and the different blueprints and maps of the house that were in the folder and gathered their bags, taking inventory again of their items.They also put in place their earpieces in which they communicated with people from their “business” as well as communicated with each other. When they were done, they walked their merry way down the trail, carrying their bags with weapons and necessities on their shoulders.

It took them around 40 minutes to finally have a sight of the mansion. Hiding behind the trees, they took out their binoculars, taking notice of any guards, cameras, and security features that could hindrance or endanger them, as well as ways to enter and exit the residence. So far, their job proved to be around the same difficulty as usual. There were cameras covering most of the house, which were seemingly active, but of course their job would be helped by the boss and his workers.

"Alright I say we should split up, we’d work faster that way and there’s less of a probability of getting caught that way." He said, looking at his wife. "Okay, which way are you taking?" With that, he looked back at the blueprints, confirming his previous ideas. "I say I take the front door, I’ll look to see where the guy is and I’ll tell you when I find out. In the meantime, you should go in the back room window, try to locate the guy too and tell me if you find him." He explained, pointing at the different entrances they would take on their maps.

"Okay I got it. Give me a copy of those, I’ll put them in my pocket just in case I forget of anything." As always, she always wanted to just be sure and ready for anything that would happen. With that, he gave her the two maps and blueprints, and she folded them and put them in her pocket. "Remember also, don’t touch anything…" He said, looking straight into her eyes. She just nodded, looking at him back.

It was always in these moments that she felt a bit of fear, even though they had done this and had split up for their job before. It wasn’t like he liked it either. If things would work his way and if things would be safer, they would never split up because even though he was always focused on his work, in the back of this mind he always had Taeyeon and he worried, though the earpiece alleviated some of the worries. With a sigh from the both of them, Chanhee quickly the equipment for his communication earpiece. “We’re ready” he said, signaling the other people on the line to hack into the security system and turn off all the cameras.

Taeyeon also her equipment, gulping in nervousness. Noticing this, the male put his hand on her shoulder, causing her to turn to look at him. “It’ll be ok, just follow our plan and things will go fine.” He said, giving her a soft smile. She returned the smile back, moving towards him and wrapping her arms around him, hugging tightly before moving. He returned the hug by wrapping his arms around her waist and leaned in to give her a soft kiss, breaking it once they heard the words “Go!” from the others through their earpiece. Immediately, both let go of and looked at each other for a split second then ran with light steps towards their entrance, trying not to alert any of the guards that could be walking their way.