Chapter 1 - Everything Was Reflex

Because "You" Happened

Baekhyun locked the door and laughed. "Ouch. Kyungsoo really slaps hard." he said while rubbing his shoulder. He jumped onto his bed and muttered "I will go out in 3 minutes."

 

Baekhyun's eyes roamed around the room and he saw the picture of Peewee and Kyungsoo playing with each other.

 

"Ugh. I'm already missing you, Peewee." Baekhyun said as he reached for a pillow and hugged it. He misses his cat so much and then he remembered what the vet said.

 

'Peewee must have bumped her head on something really hard. That is the reason for her seizure. She needs to stay here for 2 weeks. Don't worry, I will look after her. After all, she is my only patient now.'

 

Even though the vet was old, Baekhyun was sure she is the best doctor for Peewee. "Everything will be alright right?" Baekhyun said, still hugging the pillow. He was about to travel dreamland however before his eyes closed, he remembered something.

 

'The name's Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol. Yo.'

 

 


Baekhyun gasped. He did forgot to pay the driver.

 

"Oh my gosh! I am so sorry. I was in a hurry that's why I forgot to pay. You see my cat had a seizure and I have to bring her here immediately." Baekhyun said as fast as he can while his hands roam around his bag, searching for the wallet. Just then, big and smooth hands stopped him.

 

Whoa. 

 

"No. Don't pay me. It's fine. I understand. Think of it as my help to your cat." the giant said, chuckling.

 

"The name's Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol. Yo."

 

 

No. No. No. It's never gonna happen again.

 

He doesn't want this. He is not going to give his trust easily anymore. What came out next from Baekhyun's mouth was all... reflex.

 

"Wait, you want something from me, no? Oh let me tell you, these old tricks won't work on me. You want money? Sorry to tell , I don't have much. Or maybe you like Kyungsoo and you are going to use me to be close with Kyungsoo. Sorry Mr. Park Chanyeol, I'm not gonna fall for these pranks again."

 

"Wait. What? No! Kyungsoo? Who is Kyungsoo? And —" the guy was stopped because the veterenarian emerged from the room.

 

Lucky

 

Baekhyun faced the giant, head down with tears on the side of his eyes.

 

"I'm sorry. But please, leave me alone." Baekhyun went inside the room.

 

Chanyeol huh? Sorry giant, I was heartbroken. I didn't mean to say those things

 


"And — " 

'All I want is to be friends with you. Will you be my friend?'

 

Who on earth is Kyungsoo? Why did the little man mentioned it to him? Chanyeol doesn't even know that 'Kyungsoo' he was talking about. He waited for the little man to go inside the room.

 

What did I do wrong?

 

Just then his phone rang. Oh. Crap. I forgot. I was supposed to go to the company.

 

"Mr. Park Chanyeol, by any chance, are you coming over to our company? Great. His sister called. Well thanks to her, he was reminded what he was supposed to do.

 

"I'm on my way. I just had a stop-over." Chanyeol answered while heading to the taxi cab.

 

"A stop-over on a pet clinic, huh?" 

 

Chanyeol froze.

 

Ugh I hate this. He stepped on the pedal and rushed to the company.

 

"Gah! I hope she won't bring up this topic"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

a/n

This will be the last chapter with baekyeol and kaisoo separated :) 

Please leave comments and if you have suggestions, please drop some in the comment box. :D

Thank you to my new subbies. You really inspire me :D Tomorrow is school day which means, I'll work with my co-author! Hooraaaaay :')