Chapter 15 - Torments, Promises and Tears

Because "You" Happened

Kyungsoo walked along the hallway with a wide smile on his face. Even though Baekhyun left him, making him go to school alone, he didn’t actually mind because whatever; he’ll see Jongin today.

Earlier when he woke up, he suddenly felt excited. Excited because the first thing that came into his mind was Jongin ─ him and his sweet kisses and touches which he still felt as he traced his lips while giggling. He giggled like a girl ─ a small girl that was given her first doll. He couldn’t help but let those sounds of bliss escape his lips, since his feelings clearly lingered in his tone. He felt elated with Jongin.

Another factor that made him all giddy inside and out was the memory of Jongin and their first monthsary. He just couldn’t move on. That memory was still vivid in Kyungsoo’s mind. Remembering those times made the boy smile ─ even at himself. Sigh, if ever Cupid had a mistake on matching them, he hoped that the god of love wouldn’t correct it anymore. Jongin was his now and his alone.

Everything in this day would have been perfect if it weren’t for the looks and stares people around gave him. Seriously, what's going on around these days?

“Isn’t that Do Kyungsoo? I pity him, for having friends with the gangster.”

“The what? The who?”

“The gangster, Kim Jongin.”

The sound of his boyfriend’s name being mentioned made him stop walking. Adrenaline rushed inside him as he turned around. Are all people like this nowadays? They didn’t even know Jongin for cheesecakes. This. Needs. To. Stop.

Kyungsoo let his feet drag him to wherever the sound came from; his eyes angry and fierce. He didn’t know what to do to make this madness stop. All he knew was it needs to.

“Why does everyone look at Jongin as a gangster? Just because you see him use his fist made you describe Jongin like that? Do you even know the meaning of ‘gangster’? Jongin is kind. He is far from being a thug. Why do you always look at him with his fights in mind? Why can’t you look at him whenever he does something good? He tries to come in good terms with each and every one of you dammit.  But everyone doesn’t mind nor entertain him because they freaking hate him! Please… Just stop calling Jongin a gangster…”

Kyungsoo quickly turned around after lecturing his schoolmates, leaving them with their jaws dropped as he made his way to his classroom. What he did was crazy, that’s for sure, but he didn’t care. Everything he said earlier was true so there was no point in regretting what he did. Now, all he could do was just hope for the change; if it would ever happen.

He thought he’d never hear that word again that day, but destiny was having so much fun playing with him as almost all of his classmates turned their attention to him the moment he stepped foot on the classroom.

“Oh look, the gangster’s girlfriend.

Everyone in the room laughed. He looked around the room with a puzzled face. Everyone was really laughing. Baekhyun, Chanyeol and most specially, Jongin were still not there. Kyungsoo scanned the room for Kris, his one last hope but the president was also not there.  Then, it finally hit him ─ everyone was laughing at him.

“Stop calling that Kim Jongin a gangster? Oh please, it’s like asking someone to give the exact value of the square root of negative one.”

“How in the world did Jongin become kind? I pity Kyungsoo. He’s blinded by lies.”

“Hey, stop. The girlfriend is getting embarrassed.”

Kyungsoo made his way to his seat while trying to avoid the endless torments his classmates throw at him, looking down as he tried to hide his face. Did I not do the right thing?

Everyone’s laughter paused for a while when Baekhyun and Chanyeol entered the room. The two looked like a cat that was just saved from drowning in the swimming pool and were soaked wet. Both walked past him but his best friend didn’t forget to give him a wide smile and a heart-warming greeting before going to his own seat and ducking over his desk to get some sleep. His mood lightened up a bit when the laughter suddenly resumed again.

Complete silence was heard when they heard the door open and as if fated to happen, Jongin came inside the room. Loud whispers and buzzing then followed the moment Chucky closed the door.

Kyungsoo noticed the frown on Jongin’s forehead when he entered the room. Did he also receive those annoying stares and torments he received? Because he was so sure that it was a frustrated Jongin he saw. However, Jongin’s lips shifted into a weak smile when his eyes met that of Kyungsoo’s and for once, Kyungsoo felt problem-free. That smile from his boyfriend made him feel easy. But then, he suddenly thought of one thing: Is Jongin always hiding something from me?

“Good morning, Munchkin.” Jongin said while moving his face closer to Kyungsoo’s cheek. Kyungsoo was waiting for the soft lips to touch his cheek but there was none. He just felt Jongin sigh as his face moved away.

“Aw, poor Kyungsoo. His gangster boyfriend didn’t continue the kiss. Seems like you got your hopes up, little one.” A classmate near him said mockingly.

Kyungsoo then heard a loud slam which came from in front of him ─ a loud slam that came after Jongin dropped his fist forcefully, making everyone startled. No, Chucky. Stop.

“What’s your problem? Did I do something to you? No, did Kyungsoo do something to you? None, right? So, shut the hell up.”

“Oh, gangster mode is on, eh? Look Kyungsoo, how could we stop calling him a gangster?”

Jongin turned to him, frowning.  “You told them what?!”

“Chucky, I just ─”

“You should’ve left the things right they were!” Jongin ran his hand through his black hair frustratingly. “Why did you?”

“Is that what you call your boyfriend, Kyungsoo? Chucky?” His classmate said as he faked a gag.

Kyungsoo saw Jongin’s fist clench. This is getting bad. “Please… Just stop…”

“Oh come on, Kyungsoo. How could we stop? We’re still having fun here.”

Maybe, Jongin couldn’t take it anymore because the expression on his face became dark, darker than ever as he walked towards his classmate.

“You want a fight? Fine by me, gangster.”

Kyungsoo held Jongin’s hand, stopping him to get into a fight. He couldn’t afford to have Jongin fight again. “Chucky, please don’t.”

“Forgive me, Munchkin.”

The next thing he saw was his classmate on the floor, holding his swelling jaw and by the looks of it, it hurts.

I did not do the right thing.

 

 

 

 

“Class, a roux is obtained by the perfect mixture of ─”

Their teacher stopped talking as Chanyeol and Baekhyun did a couple sneeze.

“You two, just please go to the clinic.”

Baekhyun immediately got up however, he saw Chanyeol still seated, looking weak and pale. It hurt him when he saw his giant like that so he decided to help Chanyeol, but when he was about to help his giant, their teacher spoke.

“Class president, hurry up and accompany the two to the clinic. Hurry. Class is disturbed.”

His forehead wrinkled as Kris coolly walked to Chanyeol and helped him up. Not that he hated Kris, it’s just that whenever his eyes would catch their president near his giant, something inside him would suddenly get crazy, making him annoyed or whatever and it’s not normal.

He just couldn’t help it. Who can? After what he saw and heard that day, this just became part of his reflexes. Actually, it was okay for someone to approach Chanyeol as long as they won’t touch him, look at him flirtingly or act cutely around him. Baekhyun was just irritated with this. But Kris was a different case. Even though the president was all cool and calm, he hated him when he is with Chanyeol.

It’s because he doesn’t feel irritated. He feels jealous.

Jealous because cheesecakes, he is Chanyeol’s first kiss. Jealous because he is, besides him, Kyungsoo and Jongin, the only person Chanyeol looks at without disgust whenever he is near. Kris is the only person whom Baekhyun wished it was him ─ him who was Chanyeol’s first kiss. Him who became close with Chanyeol earlier than him and would just tell him he liked him.

Baekhyun just silently followed Kris who was assisting Chanyeol as they made their way to the clinic. He tried to look anywhere but his eyes were always moving towards the duo in front of him and when his eyes were stuck at them, he couldn’t do anything but drop his eyes down and bite his lower lip. He would then feel his breath and his chest become heavier.

The merciless torture ended as they finally reached the school clinic. They were greeted with a genuine smile from the school nurse as she asked them what they need.

“These two, I think, needs some rest and some medicine. They must’ve been wet because of the rain earlier for too long.” Kris said as he helped Chanyeol to the bed.

“Nah, just something that would clear my nose is all I need.” Baekhyun defended. The nurse bowed and left after telling them to wait as she went out to get the medicines.

The buzzing of the air cooler was all that was heard inside the room after the nurse left. It was awkward for Baekhyun to be left alone with Kris and of course, Chanyeol but was not counted because he was asleep.

He was repeatedly tapping his lap when he noticed Kris shift and when Baekhyun glanced at him; he was already standing and looked like about to leave. Just then, Baekhyun suddenly blurted out something he himself didn’t expect to say.

“Kris, would you talk with me?”

What he said surprised the both of them as their breathing partially stopped. Kris then turned around, nodding in approval.

This is it. I said it. There’s no turning back.

“Sure thing, Baekhyun.”

Baekhyun breathed deeply before talking. “About Chanyeol…”

Kris raised both of his eyebrows when he heard the topic. It amazed Baekhyun to see Kris still cool and stuff.

“What about him?” Kris calmly said. There were no stuttering, no hesitations, and no sign of nervousness was in his tone which made Baekhyun admire Kris further.

“I ─ I am…” Baekhyun stuttered with deep breaths in between words. He didn’t know what to say. He didn’t even know why he asked Kris to talk with him. When he called Kris, images of the president and Chanyeol together ran around his mind so, everything he did was made by him unconsciously. Or maybe, not.

Kris chuckled, making Baekhyun turn his eyes to the president with shock. “Since you can’t speak, I’ll be the first. You don’t mind, do you?”

Baekhyun nodded as an answer. It was better. Maybe he could find the words to tell Kris after he talked.

“You know what Baekhyun, I envy you.” Kris smiled at him, sending chills on Baekhyun’s spine. But wait, Kris envies him?

“I envy you because you’re adorable. You have many friends. You, somehow, have the brains. But what I envied the most…” Kris paused, a play of emotions occurring on his face, shifting from a smiling one to a some kind of longing. “…was that you have Chanyeol.”

He thought he could find something to say when Kris finished but no, he didn’t. Worse, he couldn’t even think of any word to say. He was shocked. Yes, Kris was all cool and stuff but the president talking about how he envied him was just unbelievable.

“I envy you because Chanyeol is yours to keep. Chanyeol is always there for you while I’m here, hoping that Chanyeol would like me even just a bit. But maybe, just a bit was too big for Chanyeol.”

Baekhyun felt more uncomfortable as he tried not to look at the president by looking down and playing with the hem of his pants. He really felt the longing and hoping in the president’s words, but he just didn’t know what to do. It’s not like he would give up Chanyeol because of this. He won’t.

“But what’s annoying was that, I can’t make myself hate you. There’s nothing to hate about you, Baekhyun and maybe, that was why Chanyeol and you are both destined to be with each other. The both of you are perfect. Not only perfect like perfect but perfect for each other. You are so kind and happy which I hope I was. I want to see myself as you, Baekhyun. I want to be you. I know that wouldn’t happen because it’s obvious, Kris and Baekhyun are two opposites. I know that Chanyeol loves you and you do the same too. I’m saying this not because I want to get Chanyeol from you, but I’m telling you this because I want to be Byun Baekhyun. I want to be happy.”

“I─ I’m sorry…” Baekhyun uttered in a fairly audible tone as he looked up but was surprised when Kris’s face was still normal, no tears nor any sign of sadness. He was still cool.

He couldn’t talk. He maybe looked like a stupid mute who knows nothing but look at everywhere, but he just couldn’t talk. He wanted to console Kris but he didn’t know how. Maybe Kris doesn’t even need one.

“No. I am sorry. All this time, I served as a big, fat boulder blocking the path between the two of you. I am truly sorry. Don’t worry, I became happy thrice with him, and I am okay with that.”

“When are those?”

Baekhyun shouldn’t have asked the question because what he heard next made his eyes shed a tear.

“When I first met him, when I kissed him and when he told me he loved me.”

 

 

 

Chanyeol slowly opened his eyes. He tried to move a little but his body ached. Am I sick? He was about to sit up when he saw a fluff of brown hair on his side. It was his princess sleeping on his side, upper body on the bed while the lower part was on a chair. Chanyeol winced, realizing how uncomfortable Baekhyun’s position was. He was about to stand up and carry his princess, despite his weak body, but noticed that Baekhyun’s hand was holding his.

The grasp was tight, Chanyeol was sure of it. Did something happen? He could feel the there really was a problem. Baekhyun normally didn’t hold his hand that much, only when he had a problem and maybe now, he probably did have.

He shifted on his bed in such a way that his face was close to Baekhyun, careful not to wake him. The princess’s face was so beautiful. His eyes were just perfect and that lips was another perfect feature. And there, he realized how really lucky he was. Lucky to have this cute, kind and perfect princess in front of him. Lucky to have Baekhyun for him, only for him.

“Princess, even though you are sleeping, I will tell you something. This is important and well embarrassing so I am going to tell this one time. Okay, so here it goes,” Chanyeol cleared his throat before speaking again. “You know, from the day when you told me how heartbroken you were after your breakup, I felt this need to protect you. I even swore to the stars, believe me. Never did I know, I was already in love with you. I fell for your smile. I fell for your laughs. I fell for you. That’s why when you distanced away from me and when I saw you cry, I cried too, you know? And I realized that damn, I love you. But then, I broke my promise to protect you from being hurt again and that made me feel bad because not only I failed to keep my promise, but you were hurt too. I hate myself for that.”

“And you know back then, I thought of giving up my feelings for you. I realized that I don’t deserve you and maybe, you already despise me so much but when you said you like me, the feeling was just great. It was silly for me to promise to the stars right?” Chanyeol chuckled. How he wished Baekhyun was hearing all this. “To make up for my silliness, I’ll make a promise. Not to those medicines in the cabinet nor to the flowers outside or to the sun, but to you. But you have to promise too, okay?”

He knew he sounded crazy talking to a sleeping person, but who cares? He really loved, and would always love Baekhyun.

“My beloved princess, I promise to do my best to take you with me to forever. Your highness, will you promise to take my hand, indicating you’ll never let go and come with me?”

Chanyeol was about to touch Baekhyun’s head to force the sleeping princess to nod when he heard sniffing and shaky breath. He then later on heard Baekhyun’s cracked voice as he spoke.

“Yes, Chanyeol. Take me to forever.”

Chanyeol’s big eyes widened. Baekhyun is awake?

“Y─ You were listening?”

Baekhyun raised his head up, revealing his shining eyes. The boy looked at him and nodded and there, Chanyeol’s heart paced up. He could feel himself blush as he started to feel even hotter. Will it always be like this? Will you always leave me breathless?

He was busy telling his heart to calm down when he just felt himself getting closer to Baekhyun’s face. Chanyeol could feel Baekhyun’s breath as he came even closer.

He saw Baekhyun close his eyes. He was about to kiss him when he suddenly stopped and groaned.

“Chanyeol? Why?”

“Princess, I have a disease. I’m sick. If I kiss you, you would be also ─ UGH never mind.”

 Chanyeol snatched Baekhyun’s lips. He felt Baekhyun stilled. His princess was just irresistible. If Baekhyun also got sick, it was his fault and he would kill himself for it but he just couldn’t stop himself.

After those sweet kisses and caresses, they ended up being tired. Who wouldn’t? It was Baekhyun who suggested to stop what they were doing because he was already sleepy and they were not in the right place. In the end, they slept together, Chanyeol wrapping Baekhyun with his arms and his nose buried in Baekhyun’s hair.

As long as you don’t let go of me, I won’t either. Even if you would, I would not let you. It’s forever, isn’t it?

 

 

a/n

Shucks. I HAD A WRITER'S BLOCK last week. Maybe because I'm sick :( 

All thanks to keoprince. He saved this chap by continuing a bit as I tried to recover. Gomawoyo~~

Next chap is all about kyungsoo and his diary. Yep, Kyungsoo also has one. And it's dramatic or whatever I don't know. I hope you'll like it ~~

potatopuppy

 

whooooooosh. Annyeong everyone! I haven't introduced myself to you guys. I'm keoprince, prince of keo. *bricked* sorry that was lame orz anyways, yeah, I'm here to help my friend out in this fic uwu since I do like Kyungsoo a bit. (sorry but no one will bring down Ken in my bias list anymore XD) and moreover, please anticipate the next chapter! it would be so great :3

read, spazz, love <3

keoprince