Chapter 3 - Dugeun Dugeun Is Heartbeat

Because "You" Happened

Chanyeol gasped. He rubbed his eyes, pinched his cheek and opened his eyes. Baekhyun was really goiing to the seat beside him. Chanyeol couldn't help but to smile. He is just so happy that Mr. Reflex is going to be his seatmate.

 

Now is my chance.

 

Chanyeol felt Baekhyun take the seat beside him. He might be called crazy because he smiles by himself but, who cares? He got to sit beside the shorter boy. Chanyeol doesn't know why he is like this but he thought that whatever that reason is, he doesn't care. As long as they become friends, it will always feel like cloud nine for him. Chanyeol was in the middle of thinking about how he should start things with the guy beside him (even though they didn't have a good start in that pet clinic) when their classmate in front talked to them.

 

"Hey guys, talking is not prohibited in Technology and Home Economics Class, okay? Their classmate giggled and turned around. Both of them looked down. Chanyeol still can't decide about how he would start. Awkward

 

'A lunch together might be fine, right? Beside, we're seatmates. Yeah. Lunch together it is.'

 

"Uhm." Chanyeol started. He noticed his seatmate straighten up.

"Hey." Baekhyun told Chanyeol, still looking down. It was then when Chanyeol realized that for a boy, Baekhyun was cute. He stared at the boy's adorable eyes, beautiful skin, cute face and unique lips. However, Chanyeol noticed that Baekhyun was biting his lower lip, indicating nervousness.

 

Why?

 

"Uhm, about... yeah... uhm, would you—" Chanyeol haven't finished his sentence because Baekhyun immediately looked at him and spoke fast.

"I am so sorry. I'm sorry for acting rude last time. I'm sorry for those random words I said back there. i shouldn't have done that in our first meeting. I understand that you only wanted to help but it was too sudden and I was shocked. I was like that because in the past, I —" The shorter boy could have made his monologue longer if it wasn't for the tanned-boy that has recently entered the room which made the whole class quiet.

 

The way he spoke fast. Haha. It was... cute? Chanyeol shook his head, dismissing the thought.

 

"What's going on? Is it always like this? What's with him? Why is he holding a bag of ice? Is he bullied? My oh my, where is Kyungie? He still has things to settle with me. Don't tell me he shifted? Hey wait, maybe..." and Baekhyun's ranting keeps going on. But there was one thing in Chanyeol's mind.

 

"Why did he think about that? I was just about to ask him if we can have lunch together.."

 

He looked at Baekhyun who was currently rapping his rants. He smiled to his seatmate secretly and looked down.

 

'The way he rants. Haha. That was... cute?' Chanyeol shook his head, dismissing the thought. Suddenly, he felt weird.

 

Dugeun. Dugeun.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun wanted to thank the boy who just entered their classroom because if it wasn't for the boy, he could have said something he wasn't supposed to. So to make things less awkward, he started blurting out random rants like why was everybody quiet and Kyungsoo having something to settle with him and other things. After minutes of ranting (he stopped because he can't think of anything anymore), Baekhyun turned his attention to the boy who was currently standing in the corner of the room, holding the bag of ice and placing it at the swollen part of his face.

 

He must have been bullied.

 

The thought of bullies made Baekhyun nervous. 'What if he was also bullied? What if he was beaten up? What if this class is full of bullies?' Baekhyun stopped thinking about bullies when the tall guy beside him tapped his shoulder to get his attention. He face Chanyeol and saw the giant holding up a notebook with something written on it.

 

"You okay?"

 

Baekhyun wrote on a notebook as well and held it up for the giant to see.

 

"Yep, I guess? Are there bullies here?"

"Nope. Not that much. Bullies are in Engineering class. I would stay away from them is I were you."

"Oh okay. I pity the tanned boy. What is his name?"

"Oh. He's Kim Jongin. Actually I just heard his name because of something that happened yesterday. I'm sure he's pretty kind, I guess? HAHA"

"That was mean. Well anyway, anything you wanted to talk about? I'm still sorry. T_T"

"No, it's really fine haha. Can we eat lunch together?"

 

Baekhyun stopped. Memories of past events started to fill up his mind.

 

No, I musn't let the past ruin the present right? Chanyeol is not that guy. But still, I can't trust him easily.

 

'Yeah sure. I guess my bestfriend isn't going to be with me today.'

 

Baekhyun was waiting for a reply from the giant as he glanced from Chanyeol to his desk and back to Chanyeol occasionally. What he noticed was that Chanyeol was frowning and looks mad. He passed a piece of paper to Chanyeol.

 

Did I say something wrong?

 

Baekhyun waited for the paper and Chanyeol quickly gave it back to him.

 

I don't like the boys in this room except youDon't look at them.

 

He didn't know what's going on so he decided to look at the boys in front of them. The boys stopped talking and winked at him.

 

"Oh." and he heard Chanyeol slam his desk.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm telling you Dean, Kim Jongin isn't the one who started the fight!" Kyungsoo was still persuading the Dean about Kim Jongin being innocent. It had been 30 minutes since he started briefing the old man yet, he is still here.

 

"Do Kyungsoo, there are many students who said that the boy was the one who started the fights." the Dean explained to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo was frustrated. The old man can't get his point. With frustration vibes building up inside him, Kyuungsoo controlled himself and just stared at the Dean which made the old man look lost. Kyungsoo then started to ask questions.

 

"Dean, do you know who are the students that Jongin had those fights with?" He started.

"Of course."

"Dean, have you checked each of their individual records regarding discipline?" Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow. The old man didn't answer.

'If I am not mistaken, they were the bullies right? Now, how could you conclude that Jongin was the one who started those by just hearing what other students have said?"

"Do Kyungsoo, you must have forgo—"

"Yes. I know. You are the Dean. You haven't answered my question. How can you be like this? It's like arresting without a warrant."

"Do Kyungsoo, one more and I'm going to put you—"

"I will only go to detention if I haven't proven that Kim Jongin is innocent. Now, if you promise not to mess with what I'd do, I'll be happy and more than willing to go to detention if I am wrong."

 

And with that, the old man agreed. Kyungsoo sure fought with dignity. He wants to repay the chocolate for saving his cake, although what he was doing right now was too much. Kyungsoo asked for one student who claim that he really did see everything that happened.

 

Because I saw everything too.

 

"Okay, so I'm going to ask you four questions, each you will answer honestly. If you lied two times, the Dean will have suspend you for one week. Understand?" Kyungsoo looked at the old man with piercing eyes saying 'I thought I told you not to mess with me.'

 

"First, is it Kim Jongin whom you saw during the claimed fights?" Kyungsoo started.

"Yes of course. Who el—"

"I thought I have only asked you with a question that is only answerable by yes or no." Kyungsoo was getting the feeling.

"I'm sorr—"

"Second, have you talked with the bullies before and after the fight? And by bully, I don't mean Kim Jongin."

"N-no. I haven—" Kyungsoo seems to like cutting people's sentences, no?

"Liar. Third, have you seen Kim Jongin start a fight?"

"Uh.. Y-yes.. well—"

"Lastly, you were asked by one of the bullies to be the witness, no? If you didn't do it, you'll be harmed?" Kyungsoo finished.

"N-no. Th-that is n—"

"Wow. Three lies in a row? Congratulations. By the power vested in me by the Dean, I, Do Kyungsoo, put you into one we—"

"Okay! I lied! From the second question onwards. Don't suspend me please. My mother would be furious and I still want to do well in class and—"

"You may now go back to your room. We won't suspend you." Kyungsoo said with a smile. The student bowed and walked outside.

 

"Well then, I'll be going back to the classroom." Kyungsoo emphasized the word 'classroom' and walked out of the office leaving a dumbfounded old man.

 

It is done.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Everyone stopped talking and returned to their seats as Jongin entered the classroom. Judging stares were thrown at him as he walked towards his seat but he wasn't expecting what he saw.

 

A tall guy is sitting on his chair.

 

He walked towards the corner and held the ice bage, placing it in the swollen part of his face. It hurts like hell. The sting of the punch was still there. As he stood there, he noticed that no one was looking at him. No one even dared to look at the back.

 

Does everybody hate me that much?

 

Jongin was about to go out and ask the maintenance for two chairs (he saw that there were no more vacant seats. Where would doughnut sit?) when the boy beside the tall guy turned around and looked at him. As he looked at him, Jongin sensed no sign of hate from the boy. He gave the boy a small smile befor going outside. As he closed the door, he saw someone approaching.

 

Doughnut!

 

Jongin suddenly felt happy. Seeing someone who doesn't hate him made his moos lighter. Do Kyungsoo smiled at him and said something however, Jongin couldn't hear what the shorter boy was saying. He was... nervous?

 

"Ya Kim Jongin!" Kyungsoo waved his hands in front of him.

 

Dugeun.

 

"Uh.. H-hey.. Uhm.." Jongin couldn't speak. He couldn't find the right words to utter.

"Is grandma already at home?" the doughnut asked.

"Y-yeah. Uh.. well.. I.." still, Jongin kept on stuttering.

 

Dugeun. Dugeun. Dugeun.

 

"You?" Kyungsoo mused.

"Uhm, come to the cafeteria at lunch." At last, he spoke straight english.

"Why?

 

Dugeun. Dugeun. Dugeun. Dugeun. Dugeun.

 

"I'm going to treat you lunch." Jongin gave Kyungsoo a wide smile. Kyungsoo also smiled.

 

Dugeun. Dugeun. Dugeun.

 

"Okay but I'm going to tell my bestfriend first." Kyungsoo chuckled. "You really don't want to be indebt, no?" and his doughnut smirked.

 

Dugeun. He knew?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Heeeey dearies :))ㅋㅋㅋ 

well... Yeah. Took long to write this. T_T sorryyyyyyy.

 

potatopuppy