Chapter 6 - I think... Well Maybe I Do

Because "You" Happened

My doughnut is here.

 

Yes, his doughnut. Jongin couldn’t deny that he likes Kyungsoo. Ever since he saved the boy’s cake, he started feeling nervous and felt his heart beat faster. Jongin thought he was just nervous but when Kyungsoo helped him and even had lunch together, he did realize that he was happy whenever saw Kyungsoo and everything about the boy makes him happy but he didn’t realize that he was falling for Kyungsoo ­─ until now. Jongin stood there, frozen as Baekhyun and his doughnut were seated in front of him.

 

“G-grandma… just… went… lunch… h-home… please… 10 m-minutes…” Jongin stuttered as his heart beat back and forth, as if wanting to go out. When will he be used to this?

 

“Uh, okay? You were telling us that you’re grandma just went home for lunch and, wait, what’s with ‘Please’ and ‘1o minutes’?”  Baekhyun said, acting as if competing in an extemporaneous speech contest. Jongin sighed and looked at Kyungsoo and saw that the boy was also looking at him. He looked down and breathed deeply, as if losing air.

 

“P-please wait for t-ten minutes. I’m sure s-she is on h-her way now…” Jongin said, still looking down.

 

“Jongin-ah, what’s wrong?” Kyungsoo stood up and walked towards him.

 

“N-nothing, I w-was just…” His words trailed off.

 

Do Kyungsoo, what have you done to me?

 

“You were?” Kyungsoo moved his left hand in a circular motion, asking him to continue.

 

“Shocked, well yeah, shocked. I was shocked because I didn’t know that grandma’s patient was your pet so yeah, I was shocked and until now, I am still shocked.” Jongin’s mouth started to blurt out words that he didn’t already know what he had answered as he keeps on clutching his chest.

 

Do Kyungsoo, what have you done to make me feel this way?

 

“Uh Jongin-ah, your sentence was full of ‘shocked’.” Kyungsoo chuckled. “All I understood was that you were shocked and until now, you’re still shocked and yeah, shocked.” He felt Kyungsoo’s hand on his shoulder which made him twitch.

 

“Relax, Kim Jongin.” His doughnut smiled. His heart melted as he saw the boy in front of him smile. Jongin also felt cold sweat on his neck and he could his hear his chest thumping. Jongin realized that he couldn’t take what’s happening anymore so he decided to make an excuse.

 

“I’ll just give grandma a call.” Jongin turned towards the door and walked to it but suddenly, he felt a hand stop him.

 

“Uhm, c-can I go with you?” Kyungsoo stared at him. He swore, if Kyungsoo were to go with him, he would have been jumping crazily in his mind but he thought that he didn’t actually know what’s really going to happen if the boy would go with him. What was his excuse for?

 

“Uh, it will only be a short amount of time so just stay here.” He tried his best to smile but it was quickly replaced with a frown when he saw Kyungsoo look like hurt by what he said.

 

“O-oh, I-is that so? O-okay the─” He quickly grabbed and brought Kyungsoo out of the room and started dragging the boy to somewhere. He doesn’t care if he screwed up or his excuse went for nothing. Seeing his doughnut like that was something more than he could take. He felt Kyungsoo pull away but he gripped at his doughnut’s hand tighter.

 

“J-Jongin-ah, what’s going on?” Kyungsoo forced him to stop. “And my hand hurts so will you please let me go?”

 

“I’m sorry. I ─” Jongin stopped. If it wasn’t for Kyungsoo’s expression, he wouldn’t be like this. He then realized that what he did was unaccounted for and maybe, this would make the doughnut furious.

 

“What were you thinking? Gosh Jongin” He’s right. His doughnut was mad.

 

“S-sorry, I didn’t mean to ─”

 

“What? You didn’t mean to do that? Why? Did I do something wrong? Is it that great for it to result to this?” Kyungsoo interrupted him. He doesn’t want this. He doesn’t like this.

 

“N-nothing…” Jongin sighed and closed his eyes while looking down.

 

“What?! Nothing?!  Dammit Jongin! Don’t tell me nothing’s wrong because the hell with your sudden grabbing-and-dragging-to-somewhere. I was asking you what’s wrong but you didn’t even answer!” Kyungsoo was close to shouting. Jongin could see the boy flaring with anger.

 

“I’m s-so ─”

 

“Sorry? Again? Then what? Everything’s okay now because of a single sorry? Hell no, Kim Jongin! I don’t know why you’re like this but what the hell! I didn’t even know if I did something wro ─” Kyungsoo stopped as Jongin hugged him tightly. He doesn’t know what to do anymore and he doesn’t want Kyungsoo to be angrier. For that moment, Jongin felt that everything was right. This is what he wanted to feel. “…wrong…”

 

“Kyungsoo-ah, you did nothing wrong. I’m very sorry. I know I’ve said sorry too many times already but I won’t stop until I know that you’re not angry anymore. Everything was my fault and for that I am so sorry. I couldn’t answer you because remember? I’m shocked right? I never wanted this to happen but because of me, it did happen. For making you angry, I am so sorry. I hope you can forgive me, Kyungsoo-ah. I am willing to wait. Also, I don’t know why you wanted to come with me but thank you anyways.” Jongin said as he was hugging his doughnut tighter. Just then, he thought of really giving his grandmother a call so he decided to go to the phone booth.

 

“I am going to give grandma a call, okay? Promise me you’ll wait here.” Jongin was still hugging Kyungsoo. He felt his doughnut nod and then let go. He smiled and turned to the opposite direction only to be surprised that his grandmother was already there.

 

“Oh Jonginie, I just brought you lunch and ─ wait, is that Do Kyungsoo, the boy in the Dean’s office?” His grandmother walked closer to them, looking at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo smiled and bowed to the old lady.

 

“Good Afternoon, Mrs. Kim.”

 

“Aww, you’re so sweet. You even came here.” His grandma hugged a now-shocked Kyungsoo. He looked at the image in front of him and laughed in his mind.

 

Do Kyungsoo, I like you.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun was left alone in the room with Peewee after Jongin and his best friend’s “drag scene”. He blew his hair and decided to roam around and as he stood up, Baekhyun saw a picture of an elephant beside the letter ‘E’ in the alphabet chart. “Why does a pet clinic have an alphabet chart?” Baekhyun said to himself. Seeing the elephant, he remembered Chanyeol. He remembered telling Chanyeol that he had never seen an elephant so Chanyeol pretended to be an elephant. He laughed at the sudden flashback and Baekhyun felt his heart pace up.

 

“Do I like Chanyeol?” Baekhyun thought.

 

No. He couldn’t like a Park Chanyeol. He couldn’t like somebody else again. Baekhyun thought that he couldn’t take it if he would be hurt again. It is true that Chanyeol is fun to be with and kind so it would be impossible for him not to like the giant but no, he just couldn’t like a Park Chanyeol. Why?

 

Because Yook Sungjae is like that too.

 

Sungjae left him. Without any word, the guy left him leaving nothing even a note. Some said that Sungjae found another man that he loved and left him but Baekhyun didn’t believe it. He doesn’t want to. He believes that Sungjae is not that kind of man. Baekhyun believes that the guy has a reason for leaving him alone. Baekhyun shook his head and looked up as he was trying to stop those stupid tears of him from flowing. He always hated this, stopping these tears that wanted to come out.

 

“I thought I wouldn’t cry anymore because of you but no, I still cried. Dammit Sungjae...”

 

Baekhyun couldn’t handle the tears anymore. He let the tears flow down his face. Memories of the boy flooded his head. Baekhyun tried to laugh, thinking that a picture of an elephant led him to something he doesn’t want to remember. He looked at Peewee but his lips trembled as his hands clutched tighter to his jeans. Even Peewee has memories of his ex-boyfriend. Sungjae and Baekhyun took care of Peewee together whenever they are with each other. Every time a person was at the door, Baekhyun would know that it was Sungjae when Peewee would start running between his legs and would wait for the door to open. Baekhyun covered his mouth as he cried hard. He couldn’t let out hard cries in the room. He was in the middle of agonizing about the past when he heard his phone rang. Baekhyun reached for the phone in his bag as he wiped the tears before reading the message.

 

From: Giant ^___^

Hey Smurf, have you eaten already? It’s near dinner time.

 

Good timing, Giant.

 

He quickly typed his reply saying that he hasn’t eaten yet. Baekhyun was surprised when a reply from Chanyeol came quickly.

 

From: Giant ^___^

Good. I’m gonna pick u up at 5. Where u at?

 

To: Giant ^___^

I’m at the Pet Care Clinic. What are we going to do?

 

From: Giant ^___^

We’re gonna have dinner :D Really? You’re at the clinic? I’ll pick u up there. I have a surprise for u.

 

To: Giant ^___^

Dinner? Hmm, I’m in if you’ll treat me LOL. What surprise?

 

From: Giant ^___^

Later, Smurfy ;) You’ll know.

 

That moment, Baekhyun felt himself smile. It’s great that Chanyeol could make him smile and for that, he was thankful for having a Chanyeol in his life. Chanyeol made him forget about his pain for a moment.

 

“Sungjae again…”

 

He was in the middle of doing nothing but staring at the blank wall in front of him when he heard the door opened which was followed by the vet, Jongin and his best friend. Baekhyun stood up and greeted the doctor. He glanced at his watch and saw that he still has 3o minutes before Chanyeol’s treat. The veterinarian ordered him to sit and started briefing him about the cat’s condition but he was not paying attention. He was thinking of something else.

 

“I shouldn’t get excited about his surprise. And what we’re going to do is definitely not a date, okay? Wait who says it is a date? Ugh. Stupid Baekhyun.”

 

“So, Baekhyun right? All you have to do is to take care of Peewee and make her avoid knocking her head again, okay?” The vet smiled at him. Baekhyun just nodded, blank expression was obvious as he doesn’t know what the pet doctor said before that. He bowed and got Peewee’s basket and then went out of the room, followed by Kyungsoo. He was about to talk to his best friend when Jongin came out. The guy hugged his best friend while saying something that sounded like “Take care, Kyungsoo” while Kyungsoo stood there, frozen. “Something’s going on.” He thought to himself. The two separated from the hug and Jongin went inside after giving Kyungsoo a smile. Kyungsoo turned around and gave him a weird look.

 

“What? Nothing’s going on, okay? He just said to take care on our way home.” Kyungsoo defended as Baekhyun gave him an evil grin.

 

“Dear Kyungie, nobody asked about it and nobody cares so why defend?” Baekhyun mused. He loves to tease Kyungsoo.

 

“I swear, Byun Baekhyun. If you weren’t my best friend, I would’ve punched you in the face right now.” His best friend frowned. Baekhyun laughed at his best friend and then he suddenly remembered that he’s not going with Kyungsoo on the way home. Chanyeol would treat him.

 

“Oh by the way Kyungie, I’m not going with you on the way home. You see, I have to buy a new bag. My bag’s strap ripped earlier. Would you please bring Peewee home?” Baekhyun told his best friend as they walked outside, him not wearing the other strap for proof. “What an excuse.” Baekhyun thought.

 

“Oh, is that so? Alright then, I’m off. I’ll take Peewee. See you later, Baekie!” Kyungsoo said as he walked away from him. Baekhyun was thankful because Kyungsoo didn’t ask questions anymore. Normally, Kyungsoo would have asked him many questions until he aborts what he was about to do but luckily, his best friend didn’t. Baekhyun walked to the nearby convenience store to buy something for him and Chanyeol.

 

“Ice cream would be enough right?

 

He bought a chocolate-flavored one for Chanyeol and a strawberry-flavored for himself. He sat at the table near the glass wall and decided to send Chanyeol a text message about his current location but what he saw in his bag was a notebook that he kept for a long time.

 

His diary.

 

Actually, Baekhyun was still writing in it up to the present time. He smiled as he took his pencil and notebook. He had decided to write about his current emotional state and his sudden flashback in the clinic and then he poised to write. Baekhyun was halfway filling his entry when a teardrop fell and a text message from Chanyeol came. He wiped the teardrop on his cheeks and read the message.

 

From: Giant ^___^

It’s 4:58 ha-ha. Where r u?

 

To: Giant ^___^

I’m at the nearby convenience store. And I do know the time, Park Chanyeol ;)

 

“Chanyeol, just so you know, I’m tired of drying these stupid tears of mine.”

 

From: Giant ^___^

You can go out now.

 

Baekhyun closed the notebook and put it in his bag as he walked towards the exit but was stopped when he heard someone shout.

 

“Sir, you forgot your goods at the table.”

 

He went back and headed to the table where he sat earlier and got the ice creams. “Thank you very much.” Baekhyun said as he bowed and walked towards the exit. As he had gone outside, what he saw was a taxi cab and beside it was Chanyeol.

 

“You didn’t inform me that we will have to use the taxi, Chanyeol.” Baekhyun chuckled.

 

“Whatever, Smurf. Just get in.” Chanyeol ordered him. Baekhyun went inside the cab but noticed that there was no driver inside. Also, Baekhyun felt that something was very familiar. He then saw Chanyeol in front of the car wearing a familiar white shirt and black jeans. When he thought about Peewee, it was then when Baekhyun knew why everything seems so familiar. He remembered the same leather couch, same paraphernalia, same shirt and jeans and same ‘driver’.  Baekhyun then remembered what Chanyeol said.

 

"Uhm... Hi? You forgot to pay the driver. Don't worry, I already paid for you. Just sayin'.”

 

“The name’s Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol. Yo.”

 

Baekhyun was in the middle of realization when Chanyeol stepped into the cab. Chanyeol really did surprise him. He remembered everything ─ the giant’s ‘driving’ and ‘paying’ for him, his sudden reflex and the fast heartbeat he finally felt after a long time. Baekhyun finally made up his mind.

 

Love and like are two different things. I think I won’t get hurt if I liked someone, right? ‘Cause I think…

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I like Chanyeol.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

a/n

Phew, I made it. Haha. I thought couldn't type it today T___T but hey, I MADE IT!!

There you gooooooooo. :DDD Chapter 10 hihi.

Also guys, I want to tell you that i will update every 4 or 5 days for the reason that I want the next chapters a bit longer than the first 5 chapters so, yeah :))

Also, thank you for those who wished good luck for me. I made it through the test!! Hooraaay :")

Since I'll update every 4 or 5 days, I will update on Christmas Eve :""") Uwaaa Miracles in December. Hihihi.

 

Don't forget to comment okay? :D 

For those who just viewed the story, don't forget to subscribe hehe :)) Also, Upvoting is so much loved >:))<