Chapter 4 - Couples At The Cafeteria

Because "You" Happened

Jongin felt happy. He realized that he can be himself whenever he is with Kyungsoo. Maybe because Kyungsoo has this vibe that made him feel easy. Actually, he's not like the silent and creepy student but instead, he is the jolly and humurous type. Although he haven't shown this side of him yet, he would later during their lunch together. Jongin smiled to himself but as soon as his hands reached the door knob, he backed away and laughed.

 

I forgot what I was supposed to do.

 

He walked to the opposite direction and asked one of the maintenance personel for the chairs. He recieved the chairs and headed back to the room while pasting a smile on his face. Even though the chairs were heavy, Jongin doesn't mind. Honestly, he realized that he becomes happy whenever his eyes land on his doughnut. Ever since that incident in the Dean's Office, he became like this.

 

That boy really has something.

 

 

~~~~

 

Jongin waited at the cornermost seat. He figured out that it would only trigger rumors about Kyungsoo and him when they see them eating lunch together. As he waited for his doughnut, he thought of what to buy for them to eat.

 

"Bibimbap and samgyupsal would do right?" Jongin said to himself.

"Just so you know, I'm not picky when it comes to food. Just make sure it tastes right then I'll be fine with it." Kyungsoo said as he took the seat in front of him so they were facing each other. Jongin almost jumped off the chair because Kyungsoo surprised him.

"How long have you been there?" He asked the boy in front of him.

"A couple of minutes." Kyungsoo said as his hands scoured his bag, finding something. Not long after, Kyungsoo brought out a container. Inside was.... food?!

 

Hey, I'm going to treat you lunch right? Why do you have this?

 

"Hello?! Earth to Kim Jongin! What's with the face?" Kyungsoo mused.

"I thought.. uhm... I'm supposed to treat you lunch..." Jongin said as he stared at the container.

"I know." Kyungsoo said, face painted with confusion.

"But... you already have.... lunch..." Jongin looked down.

"Oh silly." His doughnut smiled. "This is not my lunch."

 

Yes!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Uh Kyungie, I'm afraid I can't —" Kyungsoo heard Baekhyun said those words. Yes.

"Baekie! I can't go with you for lunch today. I'm sorry.." Kyungsoo interruted his bestfriend. For a moment, Kyungsoo felt guilty of leaving his bestfriend alone for lunch.

 

I'm sorry Baekhyun. He saw Baekhyun stiffen.

 

"You know, I think I'll just let y—" It was his turn to be interrupted from speaking.

"Oh really? I guess it's alright then. I was just about to tell you that I can't go with you but it turns out that you have business to attend to. Well, I'm off to the cafeteria now so, see you later Kyungie!" His bestfriend gave him a sweet smile. Kyungsoo couldn't actually believe that Baekhyun has already made friends during his first few hours.

 

"Wait, he's going to the cafeteria too? Oh no..." Kyungsoo said in his mind. Baekhyun can't see him at the place because his bestfriend doesn't know that his 'business' was the chocolate. He raced to the cafeteria to save the table at the corner so Baekhyun couldn't see him. As he reached the cafeteria, his eyes caught the view of the chocolate sitting at the cornermost table, waiting. Kyungsoo smiled to himself.

 

Thoughtful chocolate.

 

He approached the table, only to find Jongin speaking to himself. "Bibimbap and samgyupsal would do right?"

"I like you"

 

Kyugsoo covered his mouth the moment he said those words. He didn't know why those words came out. He too was shocked.

 

Ah. I like him as friend.

 

But he barely even knew him. It's been only 2 days. Dismissing the thought, Kyungsoo decided to approach the waiting boy and answered the 'question' as he sat in front of the boy. "Just so you know, I'm not picky when it comes to food. Just make sure it tastes right then I'll be fine with it."

'How long have you been there? the chocolate asked him.

"A couple of minutes." Kyungsoo started to search for the container with Kimchi Spaghetti. He thought that Jongin wouldn't have to buy much when he shared the pasta with the boy. He noticed Jongin staring at the container as he placed it on the table so he decided to start a topic.

 

"So, what's up?" the chocolate didn't answer.

"Hello?! Earth to Kim Jongin! What's with the face?" Kyungsoo mused.

"I thought.. uhm... I'm supposed to treat you lunch..." Jongin said as he stared at the container.

"I know." Kyungsoo said, face painted with confusion.

"But... you already have.... lunch..." Jongin looked down.

"Oh silly." He smiled. "This is not my lunch. This is a part of our lunch" Kyungsoo said as he opened the container.

"You know, I feel easy with you. I don't know why they don't like you. But I do. You're so fun to be with, you know?" he said chuckling.

 

I mean it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol slammed his desk. He felt the short boy beside him turn around and looked at him worriedly. It was because of those boys. He heard them talking about how good was Baekhyun as a girlfriend or a plaything. Hearing this made him so annoyed.

 

"Uhm Chanyeol, What's wrong?" Baekhyun tapped Chanyeol to get his attention as he was ducking on his desk. However, he didn't answer.

"Uh, Yeollie?" Baekhyun called.

 

What? Y-yeollie?

 

Chanyeol snapped his head up and looked at Baekhyun. The shorter guy was looking down, trying to hide his face. He then turned to look at the boys who were talking about Baekhyun earlier and glared at them. The boys only laughed at them and scribbled something on a paper.

 

See ya later, lovebirds. ;)

 

Good thing Baekhyun didn't see it. He decided to distract Baekhyun by playing with the boy's hands. Actually, Chanyeol loves doing this. And he is doing it to Baekhyun.

 

"We're going to have lunch together, right?" Baekhyun asked. Chaneyol straightened up.

"Y-yeah.. lunch.. together."

'Oh. Kyungie's here. I better go and tell him." Baekhyun left him and walked to his 'Kyungie'. Wait, Kyungie is..... Kyungsoo? The one the boy talked about at the clinic?

 

Yeah. Your Kyungie, psh.

 

"Chanyeol?" Baekhyun called him. "Let's go?"

 

Why the hell am I nervous?

Dugeun. Dugeun. Dugeun.

 

They reached the cafeteria and it was almost empty except for 5 or 6 students eating there. He guided Baekhyun to his chosen table table and sat there. The two just sat there for about two minutes until Baekhyun brought out his lunch box.

 

"I have here Kimchi Spaghetti. Here, taste it! My bestfriend made this." Baekhyun took out a spoon and gave Chanyeol as serving. The shorter one smiled and ate with Chanyeol doing the same. He almost dropped the chopsticks because the food was heavenly amazing.

 

"Well, what do you have?" Baekhyun asked him. Chanyeol brought out a roll from his bag.

"I only have bimbap..." Chanyeol shyly said.

"Oh. May I have some?~~~" Baekhyun did aegyo . Chanyeol gave half of the bimbap to Baekhyun.

"Thank you, Yeollie~~~" The shorter one happily said. He was being happy when he saw a paper being held up by the boys from their classroom.

 

Psst, Lovebirds

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun happiky ate his Bimbap and Kimchi Spaghetti. Never did he realized that these two go along well. 'I'm going to have Kyungsoo make this.'

He was about to talk to the the tall guy about Peewee going home when he saw Chanyeol's eyes, filled with anger. He suddenly became worried, Chanyeol was like that earlier only, Chanyeol did slam his desk earlier.

 

"Chanyeol, is something wrong?" He asked the tall boy in front of him. Chaneyol returned his gaze to him and shooked his head.

"N-nothing. By the way, you're older than me, right?" Chanyeol asked.

"Uh yeah. Sadly.."

"Hyung, you are short." Chanyeol laughed. Baekhyun noticed the tall guy twitch everytime he laughs.

"Meanie. And don't call me hyung.." Baekhyun pouted and filled his mouth with the pasta. He didn't notice the sauce at the side of his mouth but Chanyeol did. The tall guy wiped it using his thumb and smiled. Suddenly he felt his heart race.

 

Why am I like this?

 

"You know what, even though we barely know each other, I feel like myself whenever I'm with you." The tall guy started.

"Oh really? Why is that?"

I don't know. You have this something that makes me feel easy. I can't explain." Chanyeol laughed and twitched. Baekhyun saw this and thought that it was cute however, what came out of his mouth surprised both of them.

 

"I like you. Haha"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

a/n

 

Alright. I have an anouncement to make.

I might not update this week but I will next week, Wednesday? Exams are getting close. Please wish me luck *swoosh*

And as you can see, they are making progress. Right? Hihihi.

Don't forget to upvote, comment and subscribe. Spread the love >:))<

Thanks to the new viewers and subbies. Love you all :D

 

potatopuppy