Chapter 5 - His Smurf and His Chocolate

Because "You" Happened

Chanyeol happily bounced on his way to the classroom. Actually, this day started good since he drove the Audi, not the taxi cab.

 

Ha. Taxi cab.

 

It’s been a week since Baekhyun and he had their lunch together and he could say that their friendship is making progress. Even though his smurf ran away, they became close the following days. Chanyeol suddenly remembered what happened and decided to just walk while smiling.

 

 

 

 

“I like you. Haha”

 

Baekhyun gasped and covered his mouth with his hands.  The boy’s eyes widened and then ran away however, Chanyeol noticed Baekhyun flush red as he ran. Chanyeol stood up and tried to catch up with Baekhyun and saw Baekhyun enter the restroom… of the ladies. The girls inside the room shrieked and pushed Baekhyun out. The boy then quickly headed to the gentlemen’s restroom. Chanyeol followed Baekhyun but he saw no one as he entered.

 

‘Is he a ghost?’

 

Chanyeol was about to go out when he heard a yelp that sounded like a puppy. He sighed and walked towards the cubicle where the sound came from. Chanyeol knocked on the door of the cubicle.

 

“Ya… Baekhyun, I know you’re there. Please…” Chanyeol stopped. Wait, Baekhyun was serious? Baekhyun does like him?  Chanyeol’s knees went weak when he heard the boy sniffed.

 

“…come out. Please.” He pleaded.

“Uhm… I… I’m sorry. I didn’t… mean… I was... GAH!” Chanyeol could feel Baekhyun hurting himself.

“Ya Byun Baekhyun, is everything alright?! Don’t do anything that can harm you. Please. Come out!” Chanyeol pleaded as he knocked on the door aggressively. He was about to knock again when the shorter boy opened the cubicle door. Chanyeol immediately stood up and hugged the boy.

 

“Are you okay? Are you hurt?” Chanyeol hugged the boy tighter.

“Uh, y-yeah. Uhm… I’m s-so─” Baekhyun stopped as the taller guy broke the hug and faced the boy.

“It’s nothing, okay? Nothing happened.” Chanyeol smiled.

“Uhm… still, I didn’t m─”

“I said it’s nothing okay, smurf?” Chanyeol received a glare. He laughed but in his mind was something else.

 

Does he really like me? Because I want to believe it…

 

 

He entered the classroom and as if by reflex, his eyes roamed around the room, finding his smurf.  And there, his eyes caught the boy sitting on his chair listening to his phone. Chanyeol came up with an idea  and immediately scooped his phone from his pocket. He texted his smurf and smiled.

 

[I’m here. >:)]

 

He saw Baekhyun’s head snap up the moment the shorter boy saw his text message. Baekhyun smiled at Chanyeol and signaled him to sit at the chair beside him.

 

“Good morning, giant.” Baekhyun said, not looking.

“Good morning, smurf. It seems that you’re happy. Mind telling me why?” Chanyeol flashed a wide grin.

“Gosh Chanyeol, that’s the same question you ask me every morning. And for the nth time, nothing is special.” Baekhyun deadpanned.

“Oh… I thought…”

“What? Thought what?” Baekhyun asked.

“I thought you’re happy because I am now here…” Chanyeol looked down.

“Of course I’m happy that you’re here. Gosh Chanyeol, no need to ask. That is already a given.” Baekhyun answered him, smiling.

“Really?”  Chanyeol’s face lit up.

“Ugh, you’re really impossible. Yes giant, I mean it.” And that moment, Chanyeol’s heart raced.

 

 

Me too. I am happy when you’re here.

 

 

 

 

 

After he finished his schedule, Kyungsoo ran on the way to his best friend’s house. He wanted to talk to Baekhyun because lately, they haven’t talked to each other that much unlike the past weeks which no hour passed by without them talking about random things and also, he has a problem. Every time Kyungsoo looked at Baekhyun, he would see his best friend looking downwards until the tall guy beside him would talk and would make him smile. Did Baekhyun saw him with the chocolate? Did he do something wrong?

 

Please. Don’t do this Baekhyun.

 

He reached Baekhyun’s house and pressed the doorbell repeatedly. The intro of ‘Genie’ was heard repeatedly until he saw the door opened and came out his best friend. Kyungsoo quickly hugged a surprised Baekhyun tight.

 

“Baekie, I am so sorry. I am sorry if there was something I did wrong. I noticed that we haven’t talked with each other this past week and I figured that you were avoiding me. Baekie, I am so sorry. Please tell me what I have done wrong.” Kyungsoo noticed a teardrop fall from his eyes.

 

Baekhyun still haven’t moved. Kyungsoo hugged him tighter and cried even more. He then noticed Baekhyun’s hands were pushing him away. Fat tears started to stream down Kyungsoo face.

 

“Don’t push me Baekhyun! I am so sorry. I promise, I will always cook for you. Please Baekie, you’re my only best friend.”

“Kyungie, you’re making me cry. What’s wrong? I’m trying to face you but you hugged tighter.” Baekhyun said as he wiped his eyes.

“Is there something I did wrong? Why are you avoiding me Baek?” Kyungsoo wiped his tears however, it won’t stop.

“Avoiding? Who said that I am avoiding? Kyungie, I am not avoiding you, okay? What makes you say that? The reason why I am not approaching you is because every time I look at you, you are busy. There’s nothing wrong, Kyungie.” Baekhyun returned the hug.

“I am so sorry. I promise I will make up for the times we haven’t talked. Also, may I live here? He backed and looked down.

“My oh my! What happened, Kyungie?!” Baekhyun asked, concerned.

“My father said that I need to leave the house. They got someone who will live there…” Kyungsoo looked up to prevent his tears from rolling again.

“Ugh. You are their son, for god’s sake!” Baekhyun was frustrated.

“It is okay, Baekie.” Kyungsoo wiped his eyes. “I don’t like them either.

“But still! Ugh. You have to get your house back, alright? But stay here for as long as you like, okay?" Baekhyun smiled.

“Th-thanks, Baekie!”  Kyungsoo hugged his best friend. It’s best friend hugging day, no?

“It’s nothing Kyungie. Oh by the way, would you go with me to the clinic? Peewee’s going home.” Baekhyun smiled.

“Sure! I’ll just put my bag on the guest’s room.” Kyungsoo said as Baekhyun dialed his phone for a taxi.

 

“Hmm. I’ll just call someone who could bring my things here.” Kyungsoo said to himself as he and Baekhyun waited for the taxi cab.

 

They rode the taxi and after three minutes of talking with each other, they reached the clinic. The two walked to the room on the left with Baekhyun leading the way. As they reached the door, Kyungsoo noticed the sign.

 

Dr. Kim is in :)) WELCOME!!

 

They entered the room but they saw no one but at the corner, Peewee was there, curled like a fluff ball on a beautiful bed. Both of them sat on a chair as their eyes looked around.

 

“I wonder where Dr. Kim is…” Baekhyun said. Just then, they heard footsteps coming from outside the room. The door opened and appeared a tanned-skin boy.

 

Kim Jongin?!

 

“Oh I’m sorry, Grandma just w─” the boy stopped.

 

Doughnut?” “Chocolate?” Kyungsoo and Jongin said at the same time.

 

“Shucks. For pete’s sake guys. I am getting hungy because of you two.” Baekhyun said.

 

What are you doing here?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

a/n

 

Yey! Because I got the feels, tadah! I updated even though my exam will be on the 16th and 17th of December. Which means it is on Monday and Tuesday :'( Oh my.

I hope I do well. 

 

I love you guys! Thanks for supporting and reading Because "You" Happened *POWER HUG*

Also, have you remembered Peewee's doctor? She's old right? That was Jongin's grandma. Mwahahaha

Okay, I'm too happy lol. Anyways, thank you again :D

 

 

potatopuppy

 

P.S. Don't forget to comment :) And for the new readers, if you liked the fic, please subscribe if you want hehe :)) Also, upvotes are loved so, if you upvoted my fic, I owe you a big thanks :) I promise to make this fic a good one :D. Maybe I will update on Thursday :))