Chapter 10 - But It Hurts... So Much...

Because "You" Happened

“Having feelings for someone is scary because that gives them the power to hurt you.”

Baekhyun sighed as he stared at the sticky note on his hand as him and Kyungsoo walked inside the supermarket. Seriously, who would do this? The person must have known what had happened but still, what gives him the reason to do this? Doesn’t he know what I feel?

It has been 3 days since Baekhyun left the hospital and he was surprised when the first person to greet him was not Kyungsoo but Jongin ─ a smiling Jongin whose lap became his best friend’s pillow. He was about to speak when Jongin put his pointing finger in front of  his lips and pointed at the sleeping Kyungsoo. He just closed his mouth and lied down again, wondering what happened when he was asleep.

In addition, it’s been 10 days since he last heard Chanyeol’s voice. Sure he was expecting everything to be different but Baekhyun didn’t expect that everything would be so different. The moment he entered their classroom, he noticed that Chanyeol had already exchanged seats with someone and wasn’t talking to anyone. Also, every time he would look at the giant, Chanyeol was either looking down or sighing deeply. Baekhyun also noticed the dark circles around Chanyeol’s tired eyes which made him worry.

Damn. He misses Chanyeol. There’s no denying with the fact that Chanyeol was the reason why he was hurting but it doesn’t mean he wanted him away. Baekhyun wasn’t like those who would sulk and cry until forever when the person they love won’t love them back. Instead, he would try his best to accept the fact and would try to be happy for the person. He just couldn’t do that sulking and crying ‘til forever. He couldn’t do it because he has no reason to. There was nothing going on with him and Chanyeol so he couldn’t wail like someone who had just been widowed. But imagining Chanyeol with someone pains him.

He really misses the giant. He misses how they would laugh together. He misses their lunches together and that deep voice calling him princess because as much as he doesn’t like it, Chanyeol was being distant. Even though he has the reflex of running away whenever Chanyeol is near still, he wanted to hear that same deep voice from the same tall person before he runs away.

Baekhyun sighed. He maybe had let out a loud one because Kyungsoo stopped pushing the cart and turned to him. He quickly hid the note inside his pocket. Kyungsoo gave him a serious look.

“Okay Baekie, out with it.” Kyungsoo crossed his arms in front of his chest.

“Out with what?” Baekhyun tried to sound as innocent as possible. His best friend couldn’t know about the note.

“Your problem, gosh Baekhyun. You sighed as if your lungs came out.” Hearing that from his best friend, Baekhyun loosened up and his shoulders lowered as he sighed again, now in relief.

“I miss Chanyeol.” Baekhyun bravely said as he looked at Kyungsoo seriously and walked to the aisle of sweets.

“I know you do, Baekhyun. I know. Now would you put down that bag of marshmallows? We don’t have enough money for that. Mallows is not on our list therefore, not included in our budget.” Kyungsoo said as he saw Baekhyun get the bag of marshmallows

“Yeah right, ever since you increased the amount of each item in our list, I never got the chance to buy other goods.” Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

He immediately stopped walking after he returned the mallows. He was sure he saw Kyungsoo froze. Baekhyun suddenly remembered everything when he was still in the hospital. Jongin was always there and would be the first to greet him ‘Good Morning’. And to top all that, he was sure it was Jongin he saw in front of their house two days ago, as if the boy was waiting for someone.

“Uhm Baekie, I counted our money and we do have extra so you could get the ma─”

“Kyungie, we’re best friends right?” Baekhyun looked down. “I think you’re hiding something from me…”

Baekhyun felt a pair of cold hands hold both his arms. He looked up and saw Kyungsoo biting his lip. “I- I’ll tell you later. In exchange, tell me about that thing you hid in your pocket.”

How the hell did he know about the note?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jongin smiled as he stared at his phone. Earlier, he received a message from Kyungsoo saying they’re on their way home (and he needs help in carrying the groceries) but the smile was mainly for his wallpaper – a selca of Kyungsoo smiling with him in the background at the hospital. The first thing I love to see.

Jongin sat in front of Baekhyun’s house as he waited for Kyungsoo. He had been doing this since Baekhyun left the hospital and the first day was nearly a fail because Baekhyun almost (yeah, he hopes it was only almost) saw him waiting at the gate. Good thing there was a garbage can which he hid behind while he pinched his nose.

He stood up and smiled widely as soon as he heard a taxi cab coming. He leaned and was about to greet Kyungsoo when an adorable, petite man appeared before him. Jongin’s eyes widen and his jaw dropped as Baekhyun stepped out of the cab.

“Oh hello there, Kim Jongin” Baekhyun smiled creepily at him. His breath got faster as Baekhyun was still looking at him. The look the petite was giving him sent chills all over his body as he stood. He just snapped out of his horror when he heard the voice which he was longing to hear.

“Jongin-ah, please help me with these.” Jongin rushed to his munchkin immediately and grabbed four plastic bags, two in each hand.

“So, I’ll leave you guys there. I guess I’ll just talk to you later, Kyungie.” Baekhyun skipped on his way inside the house. Jongin then looked at Kyungsoo but saw his munchkin tense up and breathe deeply. He became worried so he hurriedly put the groceries at the dining table.

“Munchkin, what’s up with Baekhyun and why do you look like someone who was about to pee anytime?” He joked, hoping it would make Kyungsoo feel a bit easy.

“Chucky… I’m… I’m going to tell Baekhyun…” Kyungsoo bit his lower lip and close his eyes.

“Tell Baekhyun what?” He asked, confused.

“About…us…” Jongin then suddenly felt the same piercing stick in his chest as Kyungsoo looked up with watery eyes. The stick dug deeper when the boy hugged him as soon as his tears started to fall. “I don’t know how he’ll react. I’m scared. The look he has been giving me scares me a lot.”

He returned the hug only, his was tighter. He wanted to make Kyungsoo feel better but he doesn’t know what to do so he just hugged tighter. “Everything would be alright. Think positive, Munchkin. I’m sure Baekhyun won’t be the kind of person who would immediately be furious without understanding the situation. And don’t worry; I’ll stand by the door so you just relax, okay?”

He kissed Kyungsoo’s forehead and directed him to Baekhyun’s room. He stepped aside and mouthed ‘You can do it’ before letting Kyungsoo go. The boy just smiled at him and proceeded in entering the room shakily.

Of course, he was nervous too. He could also feel what his munchkin was feeling but he didn’t want to show it to him. It’s the least he could do for his boyfriend. Yeah, boyfriend.

Jongin quietly leaned his forehead on the door. He promised Kyungsoo that he would be by the door so he did. He couldn’t help to feel uneasy. He worries for Kyungsoo. Would he be okay? Would everything be really alright? How would Baekhyun react? How is Kyungsoo?

Just then, he heard a shriek from inside the room which made him feel panicky. This made him knock on the door. “Kyungsoo, what’s happening? Is everything alright?”

His ear might be wrong but it somehow picked up something like ‘Oh. My. He really need to, or else’ and then a thud. He was about to knock again when Baekhyun appeared right in front of him.

“You need to come with me, Kim Jongin.” Baekhyun wearily said. He may be exaggerating but his life this past week flashed in his mind and he could tell that he did nothing wrong. Was there?

“Baekhyun? What are you─?”

“Just stay there, Kyungsoo.” Jongin heard Baekhyun said coldly as he was forcefully dragged outside the house.

“Uh Baekhyun, I’m sure I did no─”

He stopped because the petite hugged him tightly. “Jongin-ah…” As he heard those words, he couldn’t help but to let out a loud sigh and a wide smile. Hearing those from Baekhyun, he was sure that the best friend accepted him. “Kyungsoo loves you so much. And as much as I love Kyungsoo, I’ll let him be in your hands. Don’t hurt my best friend, okay? Don’t let him be hurt like me…. I’m begging you Jongin.”

He hugged Baekhyun. Of course Baekhyun, of course.

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun hates this day. Not only because he tripped 4 times, had which reminded him of how Chanyeol caught him when he fell from the stairs but also because this day is PE day.

He was very not into physical activities. They would just make him tired and sweaty throughout the day. Also, he was not very good in sports. Every time the class would be divided into groups, he would always be the only one left out. He is considered lucky if he stayed in the game for 5 minutes. 5 minutes was the longest he stayed in a game and that was when Chanyeol pestered their teammates to let him stay. And to top everything, his height was a nuisance. His height was one of the reasons why he wasn’t much of a help.

Their class proceeded to the gym and formed a line. Everybody, except Baekhyun, was getting excited about what they’re about to do today. Their PE teacher then announced the pairings for the stretching activity.

“Do Kyungsoo, please go with Kim Jongin.” The whole class said ‘Ohhhh’ in a pitiful tone. What they were thinking was that Kyungsoo has the worst luck for having Kim Jongin as his partner. He saw Jongin look down and sigh but Kyungsoo just held his hand.

“Park Chanyeol and Kris Wu, if you would please do the stretching together.” No.

Baekhyun closed his eyes. He pleaded mentally for Chanyeol to refuse. Please say no… Please say no, Chanyeol.

But as usual, the fates were cruel to him as he saw Chanyeol proceed in stretching as the giant lied down with Kris on his feet to do sit-ups. He felt that his breath got shaky as he stared at the duo.

“Huang Zitao and Byun Baekhyun, you would be partners.”

Baekhyun’s knees gave up which sent his to the ground. He looked at everywhere but Chanyeol and Kris as he still breathed shakily. He then felt someone kneel beside him.

“Bacon, you okay?” Baekhyun looked to his side to see who spoke. He was surprised when he saw cold eyes looking at him.

“Z- Zitao…”

“Call me Tao, it’s nicer.” Tao smiled at him. Baekhyun was shocked to see Tao smile. He thought that the boy was one of those Don’t-talk-to-me-I-want-to-be-alone guys.

“T-Tao… Sorry if I have to say this but I think I can’t do the stretching with you. I am not feeling well…” Baekhyun felt guilty when he saw Tao’s eyes of disappointment but he was serious. He was really not feeling well.

“Okay, Bacon. I’ll tell teacher. You just go get some rest, okay? But promise me you’ll do the stretching with me next time.” Tao looked at him with pleading eyes. Baekhyun stood up and answered the boy with a nod and a smile. “Thanks, Tao.”

Call him crazy but Baekhyun glanced at Chanyeol one last time before he left, with a bit of hope that they have already stopped the activity. However, the tiny bit of hope he had was crushed into tiny pieces as he saw Chanyeol, still doing the sit-ups when Kris was hugging Chanyeol’s knees and his chin above it. Baekhyun ran to their room as fast as he could. He knew he shouldn’t have looked but he was hoping. What’s wrong with hoping? That you would get hurt if it turns out the opposite of what you hoped for.

He slammed the door as soon as he entered the classroom. He scrambled to where Chanyeol was seated and cried there.

“I’m- I’m trying to be happy for you Chanyeol.” He managed to say even though he was crying. “But seeing you with someone else, it’s just hell for me!”

Baekhyun screamed out his lungs. He knew someone might hear him but he didn’t care. Harsh tears flowed from his eyes as he cried his heart out. He loves Chanyeol, for cheesecakes. He freaking loves Park Chanyeol and probably now, he’s confused because seeing Chanyeol was hurting him but he doesn’t want him away and if Chanyeol wasn’t away, he would repeatedly be hurt.

His throat started to hurt and his eyes were already stinging because of the repeated wiping of tears but the hell with it, they just won’t stop. He was breathing heavily, still crying when he heard hurried footsteps and the banging of the door right after. Never did he expect that the deep voice he missed so much, from the person he missed so much, from the person who was the reason why he was crying, would be the next thing he would hear.

“P-Princess?”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

a/n

Phew. I made it. I thought I couldn't update today. Kekeke.

Okay, so chapter 14 is up ;))

I want to specially thank HunHan123 for the kind words. You flutter me much though, dear :D

Also, to everyone who anticipated this chap, Thank YOU! XOXO

This was probably the creepiest chap I made because when I was writing the draft of this, I am couldn't think properly T___T Sorry...

But still I hope you liked it. :D

 

 

potatopuppy