Chapter 13 - Confusions

Because "You" Happened

“Wake up, Your Highness. Arise from thy dreams.”

Highness? That’s me, right?

Baekhyun slightly opened his eyes and felt his lips curve into a smile. His heart fluttered as he saw his handsome prince’s face. Seeing Chanyeol’s face first thing the moment he opened his eyes was probably the best thing that ever happened.

“Good Morning, Princess,” Chanyeol said as he planted a soft kiss on Baekhyun’s cheek. “The class would be up here soon.”

“But I don’t want to get up yet…” Baekhyun muttered as he snuggled in Chanyeol’s embrace. The heat from Chanyeol’s chest made him comfortable and felt just right as he tried to sleep again. His body was telling him that he wanted to spend time in his giant’s embrace as it felt like he was protected; protected from the pains of hurt and suffering. He felt safe.

“I don’t want to get up too, you know. I myself don’t want to let you go from this hug, but I ─ I mean we don’t want them to know.” Chanyeol let out a persuading smile. His giant was right; they would not want themselves to be the next topic of those gossipers. It would just cause a big problem for them.

Baekhyun growled as he stood up and unenthusiastically walked to his seat, leaving Chanyeol. Soft mumbles and stomps which all came from Baekhyun filled the classroom, replacing silence as he headed. He didn’t want to go. A part of him got scared of letting go; scared of being left.

He was pouting while wearing a grumpy face when he received a back hug from Chanyeol.

“My princess is so cute. The prince can’t resist thy charms,” Chanyeol said as he cuddled Baekhyun while ruffling his hair. Blushing at the giant’s sweetness, Baekhyun chuckled as he tried to hide his blushing face. “But thou should stop leaving me. I can’t take it to see thy princess leaving me again.”

Baekhyun turned around and raised his head up to face Chanyeol. “And thy giant should stop taking thy princess’s breath away. Also, thou should stop making thy princess’s heart flutter so much.”

Chanyeol’s eyes widen as the he looked down, face flushing.  “I ─ I take your b-breath away and m-make your h-heart flutter?”

“Always Giant, you’ve always made my heart flutter and you’ve always taken my breath away.”

Baekhyun tiptoed and gave Chanyeol a quick kiss which left Chanyeol dumbfounded as he happily skipped to his seat.

Wait until it was me who would make you feel this way.

~~~

“Princess, would you please stop joking around and put that into my mouth?” Chanyeol opened his mouth with drooped shoulder as Baekhyun swung the piece of French Fries in front of his face.

“Teeheehee,” Baekhyun cutely laughed. “And what will I get if I do that?”

“You’ll get nothing.”

A swift change of emotions played in Baekhyun’s face as he stopped laughing and looked down, somewhat disappoint. He was really anticipating for a cheesy, if not, an acceptable answer to his question. To add to his disappointment, he jerked in shock because Chanyeol suddenly laughed.

“You should have seen your face,” Chanyeol as he continued laughing. However, Baekhyun noticed Chanyeol immediately stop his laughter when he saw his seriously-and-terribly-sad face. He then heard Chanyeol’s irritated sigh. “Princess, I’m sorry…”

He couldn’t look up. He was really disappointed, although it was his fault too, expecting something from a fresh relationship. It’s not someone’s fault if he’d expect that in relationship, right?

His disappointment was quickly replaced by surprise when he saw Chanyeol kneel beside where he was seated.

“Chanyeol, what are you doing?! People might see you.” Baekhyun worriedly said as he looked around. Considering Chanyeol’s height, there’s no wonder he would catch attention.

“I don’t care. Let them think I’m crazy because I really am. I’m sorry, My Princess. I didn’t mean to disappoint you. I thought you’d be happy but it turned out that it only made you sad. And for that, I’m sorry. Please hit me, Princess. This will be my punishment.”

“Chanyeol, are you cra─?”

“Like I told you, I’m crazy. Not only crazy like crazy but Baekhyun, I’m also crazy in love with you. I will honorably accept my punishment.”

Baekhyun scratched his head as he saw people starting to crowd their eyes their eyes at them. Seeing no other choice and wanting to prevent further embarrassment, he reluctantly tapped his giant’s head.

“Th─ that’s all? I─”

“Chanyeol, as much as I love you, I don’t want the both of us to be embarrassed so would you please stand up?” Baekhyun chuckled as he walked away from the table after patting Chanyeol’s head. Not long after, he felt that Chanyeol was beside him.

“Giant, come to my house tomorrow after class, okay?  I’ll cook.” Baekhyun said the moment Chanyeol caught up with him. He then heard Chanyeol say a “Yes!” in triumph.

“Okay, Princess. I’ll pick you up in the morning as well.”

Baekhyun smiled as he continued walking but immediately turned around. “Oh, and one more thing,”

“What is it now, Your Highness?”

Zhu-tem.

 

 

 

Chanyeol slammed his fist on his desk. He already spent the whole cake designing class (which was an hour and a half) turning and scanning pages of the dictionary and he was still doing the routine even in his next class. In fact, it was already his 5th time scanning and he was getting annoyed because he couldn’t find the word which Baekhyun said earlier.

“Uh dude, I know we need to improve our grades, but would you tell me the importance of that dictionary?” Jongin said, pointing his lips at the thick book Chanyeol was holding after poking his shoulder. “You’ve been looking at the same pages for many times already.”

“I couldn’t find the word. Baekhyun said something, that… Ju… Shu… Zhu… UGH whatever. Tell me how to find it. Like, I need to find out what it means.”

“Sheesh,” Jongin sighed in disbelief. “Internet is the answer, dude.”

“How can I─?”
“Just type how it sounds like. It would then say: Do you mean *insert freaking correct word here*.”

Chanyeol didn’t waste time. He quickly scooped his phone from his pocket and rapidly typed random things and blubbers. He thought he’d finally see the answer but to his dismay, he didn’t. He already typed shutem, shoozem, zhudem and many more but the results were all useless. The search results didn’t even help. He was already losing hope when he saw someone short and round eyed in the other corner of the classroom. With a tiny bit of hope left, he rushed to Kyungsoo.

“Kyungsoo!” Chanyeol said in a shouting whisper. Maybe he spoke too sudden because Kyungsoo look startled; his eyes wider than before and his body stiffer.

“Ch─ Cha… Chanyeol?” Kyungsoo stuttered, still shocked.

“What does zhu-tem mean?” He bullied himself mentally because damn, he sounded desperate.

“Where in the world did you get that?”

“Baekhyun said that earlier. He told me that before he went for the designing class. Please tell me you do know the word.”

“I’m sorry, Channie but as much as I want to help you, I don’t know that word.”

Chanyeol tiredly groaned; his whole body becoming weak. The only option he has left was to ask Baekhyun himself. If his princess would tell him.

He already lost his one and only hope and Chanyeol was becoming more frustrated every minute passed by with him still not knowing the meaning of the word. He was sulking and grumbling as he returned to his seat when another idea came to him. Rapidly typing “How to know the meaning of the word”, Chanyeol felt excited while waiting for the link to open. Finally, an answer.

Chanyeol grinned widely and unconsciously screamed out a “Yes!” as he saw the answer to his problem.

[ Say it to another person then as if by magic, they will blurt out the meaning. Watch out for rapid slaps. ]

“Park Chanyeol, go out.”

His triumph was cut short as it was quickly replaced by embarrassment as he stood up and slowly walked outside, his classmates laughing at him. Before he got out of the room, he glanced at Baekhyun who was, fortunately, looking at him so he gave his princess a wink.

~~~

Chanyeol tapped his foot repeatedly as he glanced at the clock from time to time. He was out there for long already and cheesecakes, he was already getting impatient. The word kept on running in his mind all the time which made him itch to know the answer as soon as possible. Fortunately, his impatience was remedied as he heard the door open. However, his face curved into a full fret when he saw who went out the room.

Just saying the word won’t hurt, right?

“Kris,” Chanyeol said as he caught up with Kris who was now looking cool; a perfect image for a president. “I have something to say.”

Chanyeol noticed that Kris couldn’t look at him directly as he spoke. “What is it?”

“Zhu-tem”

Chanyeol was expecting for the answer when Kris looked at him; his face red and looking shocked.

“W- What? R-Really?”

“Chanyeol?”

Chanyeol was about to speak when he heard a very familiar voice, the voice which he love to hear. He quickly turned around and smiled widely at Baekhyun.

“Princess? What is it?”

“Nothing, the teacher’s gone now so…”

“Classes have ended! Yes!” Chanyeol jumped as he felt relieved. They were walking towards the school exit when he heard his princess speak.

“So, did you find out what the word meant?” Baekhyun chuckled.

“How did you─?”

“Seeing you with a dictionary, it’s obvious you’re looking for it.” Baekhyun tiptoed to reach his ears. “It means I love you.”

Chanyeol froze. He didn’t know the meaning until now and to think that he said it to Kris, he was really in deep trouble.

.

 

 

[ Y- Is for You. You are my happiness, my laughter, my love.

Go to Chanyeol.]

 

Kyungsoo felt flustered and at the same time, nervous as he read the purple sticky note on his desk. From the fuzzy handwriting, he was sure that it was from Jongin and when something came from Jongin, he couldn’t help to feel nervous.

He walked to Chanyeol who was currently at the door. Kyungsoo laughed because he saw Chanyeol’s impatient face.

“Hey Chanyeol,” Kyungsoo said as he tried to stop his laughter. Without any intros or something, Chanyeol immediately handed him a piece of scented paper.

“You need to hurry though. I don’t want my princess waiting.”

 

[ A- Is for asdfghjkl. That is what my mind is like whenever I’m with you. You know why? Because you are perfect.

Go to Chanyeol’s princess]

 

Kyungsoo felt his face turn red. Goddamit, he couldn’t stop himself from blushing. It was freaking sweet. He reached the gym but saw no one. Suddenly, he felt nervous. He sensed that something was not right.

Just then, he heard a sort of recording from the speakers in the gym which startled him.

“Hi Kyungie, Jongin told me to make it special so here, I’ll sing. Don’t cover your ears. I’ll be watching.”

 

 

He heard his best friend sing in the recording as he saw Baekhyun coming from afar. Quickly wiping his face from tears, Kyungsoo ran to Baekhyun.

“I was supposed to reach there after the song ends.” Baekhyun looked at him, wasted.

“I’m sorry, Baekie.” Kyungsoo quickly hugged Baekhyun as he felt his tears starting to cloud again. “Save the tears for later, Kyungie. You’ve seen nothing yet.”

He let go of the hug and got the folded yellow note from his best friend. Kyungsoo quickly unfolded the note and read while biting his lips, preventing tears.

 

[ M- Is for Munchkin. Munchkin means food. Munchkin means love. Munchkin means only for Jongin. Munchkin is only mine to use.

Don’t be scared, alright? I’ll be always here for you. Just think of me.]

 

Kyungsoo made a confused face and saw Baekhyun worriedly look at him. His heart suddenly thumped hard as something blocked his eyes and strong pair of hands clasped at his arm. His fright was intensified as he heard his best friend scream.

Chills went up to his spine as he was being dragged. He really wanted to be scared but he thought of the note earlier.

(Don’t be scared, alright? Just think of me.)

He really did think about Jongin. He thought of how sweet was Jongin, how handsome was Jongin. Cheesecakes, it was just the start. Jongin and he didn’t even have a special date. They haven’t even been together for a month and he was here, in great danger. Realizing that something bad was really going to happen to him, he started to cry. His tears made the cloth covering his eyes damp and not long after, his tears slightly flowed as the cloth loosened.

“Please let me see my Jongin for one last time.”

~~~~~~~~~~~

a/n

Yeeey! A new co-author/ beta-er. LOL

Hello keoprince :> Thank you very much :D

Guys this chapter was I think the crapiest so far T_T And there goes my unsubies :'( I promise I'll update more often now :'(

That's all :(

 

potatopuppy