Chapter 9 - Because Love Is Taking Risks (Kaisoo)

Because "You" Happened
Kyungsoo sighed in relief as he watched Baekhyun sleep. He felt relieved because finally, his best friend slept after hours of crying loud and clutching Kyungsoo’s shirt.
 
When Baekhyun was crying, Kyungsoo could feel intense sadness and suffering in every tear and in every breath his best friend let out. He felt pain in every clutch and agony in every word. Baekhyun didn’t say anything else other being hurt again and love being just pain which made Kyungsoo tear up. Baekhyun was never like this before, not even when Sungjae left him. Baekhyun may have cried but Kyungsoo never heard his best friend mention anything about love being the cause of suffering unlike what he did earlier. It was then when Kyungsoo came into realization that the current situation was entirely different.
 
 He knew his best friend didn’t want to love. He knew Baekhyun didn’t want to fall in love because he was scared. But Baekhyun let himself free from being caged and became brave, brave enough to love Chanyeol. Love changed Baekhyun. Kyungsoo then thought of one thing: falling in love is a complex thing.
 
Falling in love is not an accident however; falling in love is neither a choice. Falling in love is not even luck and more particularly, not a game. Love and falling in love are two things which are beyond human intelligence. These two things are great gifts from heaven which are unexplainable. It is amazing how it can make a person happy, sad, and angry or any emotion that humans possess. It is amazing how it can change people. It is amazing how it can change Baekhyun and possibly, Kyungsoo.
 
“Baekie let me be as brave as you are.” This was all Kyungsoo could say. He hoped that he would be brave like his best friend because he had decided not to hold back. He had decided not to hold back his feelings for Jongin.
 
Kyungsoo made this decision even though he too was scared of getting hurt. He decided not to give up his feelings because whenever he is with Jongin, he feels special. He feels like he is different from other people whenever he is with the boy. And he never felt like that before. Baekhyun maybe made him feel that before but that was best friend’s love. Jongin is different.  I hope I won’t end up being hurt too.
 
Kyungsoo heard the door open and there, he saw Luhan and Sehun. He's stood up and greeted them with a nod. "I thought you had left already."
 
"Uh, yeah... Actually we are really on our way home but I figured that Baekhyun needed fruits so, here." Sehun handed Kyungsoo the fruits. Kyungsoo felt thankful and astonished as well because the container Sehun gave him contained many strawberries and apples which Baekhyun both liked.
 
"W-Well, thanks." Kyungsoo placed the container at a table beside Baekhyun's bed. He then turned around but saw the two guys smiling at him.
 
"Uhm, are you guys uhm... You know... You and him... Him and you?" Kyungsoo took the moment to clear what was slightly bothering him.
 
"Oh, you mean this baby beside me?" Luhan received a punch. "Ouch... Anyways, yup. He is my boyfriend ." The brown-haired boy placed an arm around the blonde boy. Kyungsoo saw Sehun flush red and looked at Baekhyun.
 
"Love sure is unexplainable, is it not?" Sehun said while still looking at the sleeping boy. "It's amazing how it can do great and at the same time, horrible things to a person.  Because the person only has two choices when he falls in love."
 
Kyungsoo then saw a handsome, tanned-skin boy enter the room and gave him a wide smile. He suddenly felt his blood rush inside him as he looked at the boy and then to the couple and smiled as he said his next words.
 
"It's either he gives up or he takes the risk."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Chucky! For the hundredth time, the fruits are not yours!"
 
And for the hundredth time, Jongin received a slap in the hand. "Just one of each, please Munchkin!"
 
"Sehun and Luhan gave that to a boy named Byun Baekhyun, not to a devourer named Kim Jongin." Jongin saw Kyungsoo cover his mouth with his hands as he stopped his laughter. He's finally smiling... Again.
 
Jongin felt relieved for Kyungsoo's smile was on his 'THINGS I LOVE TO SEE'  list and he thought he wouldn't see Kyungsoo smile this day. The boy was too engrossed in taking care of Baekhyun that maybe, he haven't felt Jongin's presence earlier. 
 
Unfortunately, Kyungsoo really didn't notice him earlier as his big eyes were just  stuck on the sleeping Baekhyun. But Jongin saw Kyungsoo's eyes shine as a liquid flowed from his eyes. And there, the very first entry in his 'THINGS I HATE TO SEE' list was made - Kyungsoo's tears of sadness.
 
He had the urge to enter the room but he guessed that this time, maybe Kyungsoo wanted to be alone and he humbly acknowledged it. Seeing Kyungsoo cry, Jongin realized that his heart couldn't take it. He realized that it hurts him every time a teardrop would leave the big, wide eyes of Kyungsoo.
 
"In that case, you need to cook for me tomorrow." He said as he put his right arm around Kyungsoo's shoulder and for cheesecakes, he loved this.
 
"In your dreams, devourer." Kyungsoo stuck his tongue out, mocking Jongin.
 
"Hey, when did Chucky become devourer?" He asked while frowning at Kyungsoo and once again, he heard the boy laugh.
 
"I was kidding, Chucky." And they both laughed a little bit loud which made Baekhyun groan and shift in his bed. That silenced them but Jongin wanted more. He turned to speak to Kyungsoo but saw the boy being serious. 
 
"Sometimes, I am wondering if a person deserves all what's happening to him." Kyungsoo looked down. "Because Baekhyun doesn't deserve this. He doesn't deserve to be hurt."
 
"What makes you say that?" 
 
"Baekhyun is so kind. He even makes everyone happy. I just don't see any reason why he deserves this." Kyungsoo explained as he looked up to face him. Jongin could see sympathy in Kyungsoo's eyes as the boy looked up.
 
"Hmm... I think you're wrong there." He looked at Kyungsoo with intent eyes but Jongin laughed immediately because Kyungsoo gave him a weird look which earned him a slap on the arm.
 
"What makes you say that?" It was Kyungsoo's turn to ask that to him.
 
"I don't know. I just believe that you deserve everything because you'll learn from it. You'll learn from everything. Baekhyun might not have done anything to deserve this but believe me Kyungsoo, he learned something. Maybe only he knows what he learned but I believe you yourself also know what Baekhyun has learned." Jongin knew he needed to be serious so he did. He meant everything he said there and he believed this happened because he'd learn something too. He learned to be serious.
 
Jongin heard Kyungsoo breathe deeply. "I guess you're right. And yes, I do know what Baekhyun learned. Baekhyun learned to be brave." He saw Kyungsoo smile but the smile was different. He was sure about it because he haven't seen this smile of Kyungsoo.
 
"But there is just one thing, Chucky..." For the first time, it was Kyungsoo who came closer and held his arm tightly. Jongin wasn't feeling easy. He could feel that Kyungsoo has a problem by the boy's grasp. He felt that what Kyungsoo was about to say was more than serious. 
 
"What is it, Munchkin?"
 
"I don't deserve you... As a friend..."
 
Jongin felt like a stick pierced through his chest. 'What makes you say that?' Was all he thought about. Looking at the boy breathing deeply, he realized that now was the time to tell Kyungsoo about he felt for him.
 
"You don't deserve me as a friend, Kyungsoo..." Jongin felt Kyungsoo hitch and move away but he pulled the boy closer. "But first, listen to me. It is me who doesn't deserve you, Kyungsoo. I am nothing but a mere gangster in everyone's eyes. But I wanted to tell you something. I believe you deserve me for something else, not a friend."
 
He looked at Kyungsoo and hurt was in his eyes. " I wanted to tell you this before everything screws up."
 
Jongin moved his face closer to Kyungsoo so their foreheads were touching each other. "I wanted to tell you this before the moment is gone."
 
He then touched Kyungsoo's right cheek. " I wanted to tell you this before someone else kisses me because..." He closed his eyes. "... I wanted to kiss you before anyone else."
 
Jongin felt something wet with his hand that was touching Kyungsoo's cheek. "Because I love you Kyungsoo."
 
His lips met that of Kyungsoo's. And he was sure that he heard sobs from the other and felt that their lips separated but what he heard next made him want to jump for joy.
 
"I love you too, Jongin. And you were never a gangster In my eyes. You were the hero that saved my cake. Again, I love you Jongin."
 
~~~~~~~~~~~
 
a/n
sorry for the late Kaisoo chap :''(( 
but here it is, the promised Kaisoo chap. :D
I think the chap didn't quiet end up the way everyone liked it and for that.. I AM SO SORRY :'(
but still I want to thank those who gave encouraging words for me :') you guys really helped me a lot.
I got two unsubbies *sobs* 
Haha I was just kidding about sobbing. I hope the unsubbies found a better story :)) 
Once again, thank you. I won't get tired saying thanks guys. XOXO
 
and to EXOticAngelARMY, I promised you HUNHAN, right? Well here it is! You can also see HunHan moments in the previous chapter. Hihihi. Thanks again *powerhugs*
 
 
potatopuppy