Chapter 14 - To Infinity and Forever

Because "You" Happened

The dampened cloth got heavy for his head. It loosened only the slightest, but enough for Kyungsoo to see glances of what was happening around him. Moments ago, he was dragged by someone with some strength. It was either he was too strong or Kyungsoo was just too weak and broken to fight.

He blinked, trying to remove the tears on his eyes. He tried to distinguish where he was. Dark. But they were moving. In a car? Or maybe a van? How could the school let kidnapping happen?

The air felt different as he heard the door beside him open. The hands that held him also felt different as the strong hands were replaced by another strong of pair of hands but this time, he was being held more gently. He felt protected. He felt safe.

He was assisted in getting out of the car. Seriously, what’s going on? The smell of something strange filled the air as they walked; 70% solution alcohols and something that smelled like peanuts were some of what his nose picked up along their way.

Cold sweat dripped down his face as they stopped walking. Kyungsoo didn’t know why but something felt familiar. It was very familiar as it made his chest thump wildly.

He then felt the cloth loosen more. He was starting to feel more nervous. The thought of not having the chance to meet his boyfriend for the last time made him tear up. It hurts. They were just starting to be happy. It was just the start of their story. Everything was just the beginning.

He still hadn’t experienced the dying feeling everyone said when one celebrated their first anniversary. He was still not done thinking as the possible things that might happen in the future with Jongin. He still hadn’t said the things he wanted to say to Jongin. He still hadn’t said how much he loved Jongin – so much that the words in English and Korean dictionary were not enough to express he loved him.

Kyungsoo’s knees finally gave up. His breath became shaky as tears escaped his eyes. He couldn’t find the strength to get up and continue walking. He also felt a pain in his chest. He couldn’t bear it. He couldn’t handle the pain.

“All I asked for was to see my Jongin for one last time. Is that too much? Is that too much for a death wish? Oh, maybe you don’t understand what I’m feeling so I’ll make you understand. It hurts,” Kyungsoo slammed his chest. “It hurts to know that your happiness was about to end. It hurts to know that my story wouldn’t have a happy ending. The only happy thing was just the beginning. Just the beginning dammit! And now, everything’s about to end. Everything.

Tears continuously rushed down. He just couldn’t accept that it was the end.

 It’s just that huh? A short-term happiness…

“Sir, we know how you feel, but we need to follow orders.”

Having no choice but to accept his tragic fate, Kyungsoo reluctantly stood up and let him to be dragged by the henchmen; tears still rushing down.

The pain of the end is coming, dear Jongin. I will never see you again. I promise you, I will look out for you in the heavens. I will always protect you from any harm. I will be your guardian angel, Chucky. I love you so much, Kim Jongin. Very, very, very much.

“Here we are.”

Kyungsoo felt the cloth loosen further, making him finally see the world around him. No one was there. It’s just an empty hall with a room at the end.

 A medical way of killing, huh? Good. At least I won’t get hurt physically that much.

Everything he saw was blurred; his eyes still full of tears and in the process of recovering from being closed for a long time. He then felt himself being pushed in front of the room at the end of the hall.

“He’s here, Sir.”

Kyungsoo’s jaw dropped as he saw Chanyeol emerge from the room.

“Ch-Channie? A-all this time, you ─?”

“No Kyungsoo. Baekhyun said to save your tears, right? I later would be the right time to let it all out.” Chanyeol smiled at him. Something’s wrong. Why is Chanyeol’s smile not creepy? And Baekhyun is involved too? What the hell was going on?

“Go ahead, Kyungsoo. Go inside.”

As if being pulled by an invisible force, Kyungsoo absent-mindedly went inside the room, finding a crying Baekhyun who was lying on the hospital bed and a seated Jongin. Jongin?!

“Kyungie, what is Chanyeol doing here?” Baekhyun said with panic in his eyes. Kyungsoo’s forehead curved into a frown as he turned to Chanyeol who was being jolly earlier.

“Baekhyun, listen to me. Everything was just a misunderstanding. What you saw was ─”

A slamming sound was heard as Jongin shut the door behind him. Kyungsoo just stood there, watching Baekhyun cry. It was the same expression he had last time. Last time when he was hurt.

His mind was still in disarray. He was lost. He didn’t even know what’s going on and what to feel. He slightly jumped in surprise as he heard a familiar voice on the speakers.

“You don’t deserve me as a friend, Kyungsoo but first, listen to me. I want to tell you this before everything screws up. I want to tell you this before the moment is gone. I want to tell you this before someone else kisses me because I want to kiss you before anyone else. Because I love you, Kyungsoo.

Then it all came back, the way Chanyeol looked desperate for Baekhyun’s understanding, the way Baekhyun looked hurt and the way Jongin slammed the door. It all happened a month ago. Exactly a month ago. He then heard Jongin’s voice again.

“Hi, Munchkin. Sorry if I made this up and made you cry. I never thought that you would be such a crybaby. Oops, I could feel my Kyungsoo getting angry. Well don’t be as I still want you to look at all the notes I gave you. It’s Y-A-M, right? Now what the hell is YAM? To know the answer, read all the underlined words in each note. I love you.

This time, Kyungsoo let his tears gush down freely.

The feeling was heaven. I don’t know how to react. I just felt like crying and dying. So this is what they say the feeling of dying in an anniversary? Lucky me, I felt it 11 months earlier.

“Happy 1 month, my beloved Munchkin. I love you so much.”

 

 

 

“Munchkin, I’m already hungry. Isn’t that ready yet?” Jongin tiredly said as he hugged and placed his chin on top of Kyungsoo’s shoulder who was, at that time, cooking.

“Just a little more, Chucky. Don’t worry. I swear, you’ll love me more after you have a taste of this later. I promise,” Kyungsoo stopped what he was doing for a while as he got a cookie and placed it in front of Jongin’s mouth. “For a while, just try this cookie. I made it just recently.”

Jongin happily munched on the cookie but immediately stopped after feeling something inside his mouth.

“What’s in here?” He said as he quickly took out that “something” in his mouth. It was a strip of paper with something written on it.

I love you so much, my Jongin. I love you, 1 month and counting

Heat travelled up and his heart pounded faster as he read the paper again. The words written felt rich and great. It felt sincere.

“So, how was it?”

“The what?” Jongin absent-mindedly said. He was still engrossed with the paper; too much engrossed that he didn’t even feel the world moving.

“The cookie, duh.”

Jongin turned his attention to Kyungsoo when he heard the other’s teasing tone. He gulped and puffed as he stared at the cute man in front of him.

“Jongin? Chucky? You okay?”

He couldn’t hear anything. All he heard was his loud heartbeat and heavy breath. Unconscious of what’s happening Jongin felt himself closer to Kyungsoo’s face, making him feel the other’s breath.

“I…”

“You?”

“I w-wa…”

“Come on Chucky, say it. I still need to cook.”

Jongin couldn’t talk. He couldn’t even breathe. Something inside him felt weird as he continued looking at his boyfriend. He couldn’t control himself which lead to his lips getting closer to Kyungsoo’s.

“I… I prefer Kyungsoo-flavored…”

Sparks were felt by Jongin as he closed the distance between them, only their lips were separated. Everything’s making his heartbeat thunder and for once, it felt great.

“Kyungsoo! It’s burnt already!”

A deep voice shocked the both of them. Jongin then heard Kyungsoo gasp and saw him turn to his back.

“I… I’m sorry. Chanyeol, you know how to fix burnt soup right? Would you please help me with this?” Kyungsoo said, turning off the stove. “Just wait for the food, Jongin.”

Jongin sighed as he rubbed the back of his head. “I… I’m sorry.”

The air suddenly blew hard against his face, making his hair all ruffled up.

~~~

“Kyungie, the meat was awesome!” Jongin turned his gaze to Baekhyun who was happily chewing on a piece of meat that Kyungsoo cooked. He still hadn’t moved his food. Since that happened, he couldn’t look at Kyungsoo. He just didn’t know what to say. He didn’t know what to do.

“Dude! May I have your meat? I still want some…”

Chanyeol was about to his fork on Jongin’s food when he was interrupted by Kyungsoo. “Don’t get that. Just take mine.”

Jongin stole a glance at Kyungsoo as he placed the meat to Chanyeol’s plate. He didn’t expect Kyungsoo to do that. How could he still do that when that happened earlier? Having no control over what he felt that time; Jongin bowed his head down as he tried to hide his ripe-tomato face.

“I guess I didn’t cook the meals well…” Kyungsoo uttered as he sighed and got up from his chair. Jongin watched Kyungsoo as the latter walked away from the table and that time, he felt annoyed. He felt annoyed because he didn’t eat what his munchkin prepared. He felt annoyed because he couldn’t think right since earlier. He felt annoyed because he made Kyungsoo tear up. Kyungsoo’s tears of sadness were number one on his “Things I Hate to See” list and damn, he really didn’t like it. He felt annoyed because he made Kyungsoo feel that he was not good enough.

Jongin rubbed his face in annoyance as he left the table to follow his munchkin, leaving Chanyeol and Baekhyun. He had to make Kyungsoo happy because cheesecakes’ it’s their first month and he couldn’t ill afford for the day to end with their hearts tangled over a single problem.

What he saw as he reached the kitchen was a sobbing Kyungsoo who was periodically tasting and adding salt on the Kimchi Spaghetti he made. Jongin then felt hurt inside as he saw the current state of his Kyungsoo, his beloved Munchkin.

“Munchkin? Why are you crying?” Stupid question.

“Oh, you’re here,” Kyungsoo exclaimed as he roughly free his eyes from tears. “I added salt to the spaghetti. Please eat this. I couldn’t find out what’s lacking but I am sure I followed the recipe correctly and precisely. Please eat this just for the meantime while I make another one…”

He was right. His munchkin felt like a failure.

“You did not eat what’s on the table earlier. I’m sorry, Jongin. Please, just eat this.” He could see Kyungsoo’s eyes water again.

“Kyungsoo, why are you being like this?”

Kyungsoo’s shaky breath reached his ears. He didn’t know why but It made him feel dizzy and hurt. Hurt because Kyungsoo was crying. Hurt because Kyungsoo was hurt.

“I’m sorry Jongin. I’m really sorry. You don’t have to tell me that I did wrong because I know it myself. Just please, for the nth time, eat this. Just forget about earlier.”

Jongin flinched. There was nothing wrong with what happened earlier…

“W-Why?”

“Th-That is the reason why you didn’t eat right? It was my entire fault…” Kyungsoo’s eyes shone as tears trickled down his face and it made Jongin hurt more inside. Damn, he didn’t want their first month celebration to be like this.

He took a step closer to Kyungsoo and maybe, the shorter boy noticed because he stood up. He couldn’t waste time. He needed to fix this as soon as possible. Desperate, Jongin took hurried steps towards Kyungsoo, not letting the boy back away.

“Kyungsoo, why are you thinking like that? It’s not your fault. Nothing was your fault.” Jongin tried his best to sound convincing as possible. He needs to make his munchkin believe him after all, everything was his fault. If he hadn’t acted like a sissy earlier, it wouldn’t be hell like this.

“What wasn’t my fault? You didn’t even eat a single strip of meat!”

Jongin felt heavy as he heard Kyungsoo’s voice crack. The sound made his head hurt.

“It wasn’t your fault for our kiss to be interrupted!”

Suddenly, the loud roar of the thunder filled the air as droplets of water were heard knocking on the window and the white light flashed for a split second. Even though Kyungsoo wouldn’t say it, Jongin could feel his boyfriend being lost.

“I… Ch-Chucky─”

Kyungsoo was stopped by Jongin as he kissed him. Jongin couldn’t take any word anymore. He just wanted this to end. He just wanted to be happy again.

“For the second time around, Happy One Month to us, Munchkin.”

 

 

 

Chanyeol quickly got up from his bed as soon as he heard his alarm. Words couldn’t explain how excited he was for this day because for the first time, he’d be driving his princess to school in his own car. Yes, the Audi was now his and he will use it for picking up Baekhyun.

Chanyeol rushed eating his breakfast and hurried putting his uniform after taking a shower. He applied his favorite perfume which he seldom use – only when he’s attending an important event and today’s an important one so, he did. Looking at the mirror, Chanyeol smiled in admiration of his appearance.

“What’s so special today, brother? Going to the pet clinic again?”

He was startled as his sister suddenly entered his room, no knocks or whatever. Chanyeol looked at his sister, who was wearing a teasing smile.

“Not now, Jiyeon.” Chanyeol said as he evened his uniform.

“Okay, if you say so. I just wanted to know why you’re all very handsome and stuff.”

“Aren’t I always handsome and stuff?”

Jiyeon made a face as she gagged jokingly. She then left Chanyeol after a while for she also needs to go to school and she hasn’t even taken a shower yet.

Chanyeol hurried to the garage; excited to drive his own car. As soon as he reached the garage, he noticed the gloomy, gray sky. Might be raining. Good thing I’ll pick Baekhyun up. He’ll not get wet., he thought.

He then eagerly started the engine. The cool air coming from the aircon tickled his skin while it spread around the car. Chanyeol savored the sweet feeling before stepping on the gas, heading to the princess.

~~~

Chanyeol pressed the doorbell but was surprised to hear Genie on the background. “My princess is a SNSD fan, huh?”

Sweet and fluffy things ran through his head when the cool air abruptly blew hard. Having no answer for the first ring, Chanyeol pushed the doorbell again for the second time.

“Oh my. Kyungsoo, he’s here! See you later!” Chanyeol saw a little man rushing to the gates, his backpack swinging harmoniously with his body. He felt heat travel to his cheeks and cheesecakes, it stayed there. The sight of Baekhyun running was just cute.

“Good Morning, Princess.” As usual, Chanyeol placed a soft kiss on Baekhyun’s cheek. “We can let Kyungsoo ride with us, you know.”

Damn, he swore he saw Baekhyun pout for a while but immediately removed it. But still, he pouted. He pouted. He pouted.

“Your face said ‘I don’t want to’ so okay, let’s not.” Chanyeol chuckled.

Baekhyun blushed and looked at anywhere but him. “H-How…I… No I don’t!”

As much as he wanted this moment to last longer, he became annoyed as he felt raindrops on his face.

“Princess, be quick! Go inside thy carriage for thou mustn’t get wet. Thy prince won’t let thou be sick.”

He was about to open the door for Baekhyun when he felt himself being pulled to the opposite direction. The next thing he knew was he now had an armful of Baekhyun.

“Can we stay like this? Just like this?”

And there, fat droplets fell from the sky as the heavens cried hard, probably because of joy. And there was Baekhyun and Chanyeol, in love, hugging amidst the pouring rain.

To forever it is, princess.

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

a/n

I updated late again :'( Sorry guys.

Btw, this is a super duper late Birthday chapter for Jongin and Kyungsoo YAY :))) credits to keoprince for helping me start the chap. Kekeke. Okay so many were confused about the lying thingy T_T I am so sorry :'( The three (Jongin, Baekhyun, Chanyeol) made a play. They acted as if it was the day when Baekhyun got an accident. The one in Chapters 8-9. If you will read the two chaps again, you'll find the not so exact lines. As you may notice, it is also the day when Kyungsoo and Jongin got together. So Jongin "flashbacked" what happened back then, how they got together and what happened BEFORE. Sorry if I confused you guys :''( so sorry. I greatly apologize... Thanks for the new subscribers :* and to the upvoters, I love you so much <3 thank you as well