Chapter 12 - Mission Kinda-Impossible

Because "You" Happened

Kyungsoo watched Chanyeol as giant footsteps quickly fade away. Even though Baekhyun’s happiness was at stake, he couldn’t really stop Chanyeol from following Baekhyun. He knew it was none of his business but he couldn’t keep his hands away from their problem. After all, he is Baekhyun’s best friend, and that’s what best friends do. Moreover, a part of him knows that Chanyeol could do it. He had to.

The weather was humid but Kyungsoo couldn’t take his arms off himself. He couldn’t help but worry about what would happen between Chanyeol and Baekhyun. Of course he was hoping for Baekhyun to be finally happy but he had this uneasy feeling creeping into him. Kyungsoo puffed his cheeks which Jongin easily noticed; with brows knitted and eyes full of worry.

“Hey Munchkin, is everything okay?”

“Yeah, everything’s fine.” Kyungsoo answered as he heaved a deep breath. His boyfriend didn’t seem to buy it as Jongin tiredly looked at him.

“Really? Because I don’t think so.”  

With Jongin looking at him with those piercing brown eyes, Kyungsoo surrendered; looking down as he took a deep breath.

“It’s just that… I’m really worried about Baekie,” he suddenly blurted out. To be true, Jongin seemed to be half-expecting him to say those words, and he thought that a piece of advice from his boyfriend wouldn’t hurt.

“They’ll be alright, believe me. Your best friend is old enough to think for himself, for his own sake.”

“B –But ─”

“No buts. I may not know Baekhyun as long as you do but from about what I’m seeing, Baekhyun is wise enough to make the right decision. And Chanyeol’s a good guy, trust me.”

“I do, Chucky. Believe me, I do believe you but Chucky I ─”

 Kyungsoo stopped because Jongin suddenly covered his lips with his own. His round eyes widened further as they kissed and his heartbeat thundered. As if by reflex, he pushed the boy away, looking down as the air around him felt even colder.

“I’m sorry. Can’t help it,” Jongin scratched the back of his head. “I’m trying to ease you because you’re all tensed up and… okay fine. I really wanted to kiss you. It’s… Uhh… You’re so cute…”

Kyungsoo gasped. What Jongin said was unexpected and… sweet. He was mentally fanning himself to calm down when both their phones rang at the same time, indicating that they had received a text message.

 

From: Park Chan-tall

I need u both to do me a favor. Buy me some time, please. Don’t let the class go back yet.

 

Both glanced at the gym clock and both said “What?!” at the same time. Chanyeol asked them to hold the class back. Sure, they could actually do it but preparing and executing it in less than 5 minutes, it was some sort of mission kinda-impossible.

Kyungsoo watched his boyfriend take the gym clock and turned something in the back of the clock. The boy quickly returned the clock back like the way it was; only the time became 15 minutes. With Jongin making the first move, it came to Kyungsoo that it was his time to make the next. He was about to proceed to his plan when he was stopped by a confused Jongin.

“Munchkin, what are you going to do?” Jongin said, with one eyebrow arching up high his forehead, eyeing him.

“Delay the time.” Kyungsoo muttered as he was loosening his shirt and wiping his face, making him presentable.

“Uh, I don’t like the sound of it, Munchkin. Don’t worry, I’ll just do all ─” Jongin couldn’t continue as Kyungsoo leaned forward, their nose almost touching each other.

“I can do this, Chucky. Trust me.” And with one wink for his boyfriend, Kyungsoo headed to their teacher.

Gosh, if this weren’t for Baekhyun.

 

 

 

Jongin clenched his fist. The sight of Kyungsoo and his teacher together caused him to have sore eyes. His boyfriend told him to trust him but he never heard Kyungsoo say something about pretending to be limped while catching their teacher’s attention. Sure it was their plan to delay the time but dammit, torturing him was not included in their plan.

He grumpily took his phone from his pocket and frustratingly sent a message to Chanyeol.

 

To: Dude

Dude, you really owe me one. I hate u for dis.

From: Dude

What happened? I’m sorry. I just really nid time.

To: Dude

Costs me Kyungsoo. Teacher’s flirting with him, damn u.

 

Jongin quickly placed his phone in his pocket even though he felt it vibrate. He then walked towards the benches where Kyungsoo and his teacher were. Their teacher had Kyungsoo for long and it’s about time to return what was rightfully his.

He looked at Kyungsoo emotionlessly the moment he got to them; his annoyance obvious despite his blank face. And to add to his annoyance, they didn’t even notice him as both of them were engrossed to what they were talking about. Containing his anger, Jongin just cleared his throat; hoping that this time, he would be noticed.

Kyungsoo saw him but the boy’s eyes narrowed as if trying to say that he ruined his plan. But Jongin didn’t leave ─ he had to have him back.

“Oh Jongin,” Kyungsoo said, almost gritting his teeth.  “What brings you here?”

“I’m sorry sir but I’m gonna have to take Kyungsoo now. Somebody needs him.” Jongin said as he dragged himself closer, ignoring what Kyungsoo had said while still wearing his emotionless face.

“Okay then, take care Kyungsoo.” Their teacher said while giving Kyungsoo a smile. Seeing that, Jongin let out a displeased laugh before grabbing Kyungsoo by the arm.

“Jongin, don’t you dare drag me again like what you did back at the pet clinic.”

Jongin halted. It was the first time he heard Kyungsoo call him by his name again after they have been officially together. And by Kyungsoo calling him that meant something serious ─ Munchkin is mad.

“Munchkin…” Jongin held Kyungsoo’s hand as he looked at the boy with apologetic eyes. “Are you mad?”

“No, I’m just ─ ARGH!” Kyungsoo stomped in annoyance and then glared at Jongin. “The plan was working, Jongin. The plan was until you came. I could have held him for 3o minutes but thanks to you, it ended earlier. Thanks, really.”

Jongin flinched as he saw Kyungsoo roll his round eyes. “What got him so worked out anyway?” was the only thing that came up in his mind but he then understood that it was for Baekhyun they’re doing this. He was about to speak to explain why he took him away when Kyungsoo suddenly spoke.

“I swear I could have punched you. I wish I can just I can kick, strangle or whatever you. If you just weren’t my asdfghjkllqwertyuiopzxcvbm.

Jongin didn’t hear what Kyungsoo mumbled. He tried to ask but Kyungsoo was already walking away. Just then, his hands moved involuntarily to his chest, clutching tight as he felt a pain inside it. He suddenly thought that if just the sight of Kyungsoo walking away pains him, what more if he would lose Kyungsoo forever?

No, I won’t lose him. I can’t. It hurts

He quickly ran to Kyungsoo and snatched his hand. “Munchkin look, I’m sorry. It’s just that I don’t like what I saw: You, being happy with our teacher. You don’t know how much I endured watching you with that old e. Seeing you happy with someone else, I just can’t help to be jealous. I’m jealous because I’m not the one who makes you happy that time. I’m not the one you’re sharing those precious laugh. It makes me feel worthless. I want to be the only reason for those smiles of yours. Now, you can do anything to me. You can punch me, kick or strangle me or even whatever me, just don’t walk away again…”

“Really? I can do what I want” Kyungsoo excitedly asked, his eyes turning creepy.

Jongin gulped at the sight of his boyfriend but he eventually nodded as he closed his eyes. This would make things right, right?  He felt Kyungsoo raise his hand which made him ready himself for a sting on his face. But to his surprise, what Kyungsoo did was cup his face and planted a kiss on his lips.

“Apology accepted.”

He chuckled and leaned for another kiss when Kyungsoo put a finger on his lips.

“Before you continue, send Chanyeol a message saying that the class is about to go up in a few minutes.”

Jongin groaned and pulled his boyfriend for the interrupted kiss, not minding what Kyungsoo said earlier.

“Later, Munchkin”

 

 

Chanyeol stared at the princess sleeping on his shoulder. At last, all those crying and escaping were finished and finally, he felt happy. Both of them became happy.

Earlier, he seriously felt how happy was Baekhyun in every kiss and for the second time around, everything felt right. It felt like heaven.

He continued to stare at Baekhyun who was sleeping soundly. Yes, he asked Kyungsoo and Jongin to delay the class for him to stare at Baekhyun. Chanyeol recalled every hardship and teardrop Baekhyun shed and he realized that he needs to make all of it worth the struggle. He vowed to finally fulfill his promise under the stars; to try his best not to hurt Baekhyun again. It was the least he could do for Baekhyun.

Chanyeol was still mesmerized by the sleeping Baekhyun until he heard his phone ring.

 

From: Kim Kyungsoo

Class would go up in 7 minutes. Sorry we did our best. We still did manage to give you 30 minutes though.

 

“30 minutes is too short…” Chanyeol exclaimed as he read the message. He looked at Baekhyun again for the nth time.

“Don't you ever run away from me again. You don't know how much you mean to me. Ever since that day in the pet care clinic, I have changed, Baekhyun. You know why? Because “You” happened.”

He suddenly heard the door open and what he saw was Kyungsoo, his mouth slacking with Jongin behind him who was giving him a smirk and a two-thumbs-up. Kyungsoo was about to speak when Chanyeol hushed him as he pointed at Baekhyun who was still in deep slumber; Chanyeol’s shoulder as his pillow.

“You might want to hurry, Chan-tall. Class is about to return.” Kyungsoo said in an audible whisper.

Chanyeol then turned his head to Baekhyun and held his hand as he whispered at his princess’s ear.

“Wake up, Your Highness. Arise from thy dreams.”

And for the first time, he felt his heart jump as Baekhyun smiled at him, still half asleep.

I love you, Byun Baekhyun.

~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Okay so I updated late T_T sorry guys.

School stuffs kept me away from updating and it's killing me. All those paperworks and stuffs... UGH

Anyway, yeah so here it is! I might update every 5 days or so because of school. And I hate it. So much.

Kidding. Kekekekeke

Thanks to the new subbies and for those who gave sweet messages on my wall or inbox. Gave me a boost ;) 

Lovelots. XOXO

 

potatopuppy