An Examination

The Blind Eyes

Wooyoung scowled when he saw IU with Key. That Key…If only IU was able to see who Key really was, Wooyoung thought coldly, crossing his arms. It was lunch, and IU wanted to eat in front of the school gates where Key was waiting. Key somehow was able to jump over the high gates and ate half of IU's lunch. Tiffany was with the three, and she kept staring at IU and Key enviably. Tiffany glanced at Wooyoung and nudged his arm with her elbow.

"Wooyoung oppa, why can't you share lunch with me? I'm your future fiance, anyways," Tiffany pouted. IU looked up at the direction she heard Tiffany's voice.

"Are you guys in relationship?" IU asked, surprised. Wooyoung quickly shook his head.

"A-Ani! No, she's just my future fiance. Besides that, we have nothing else between us," Wooyoung said quickly. Key smiled sweetly at Wooyoung and Tiffany.

"Aw, really? You guys looked sweet together," Key smirked. Tiffany blushed and looked down.

"G-Gomawo…" Tiffany said softly. Aigoo~ If only Wooyoung was a gentleman like Key-ssi! Tiffany thought, slightly pouting when she secretly looked at Wooyoung. Wooyoung gritted his teeth. 

"Yeah, whatever," Wooyoung muttered. 

After everyone was done eating, everyone got up. IU supported herself wit her cane while Key helped her up. Wooyoung still had his arms crossed. He obviously didn't like how Key was all cold and rude to him, while he was a gentleman to girls. Key stared at IU sadly.

"IU, nobody wanted to donate their eyes to you yet?" Key asked quietly. IU's expression turned dark and upset. In reply, she slowly nodded her head. Key his lips nervously. "Then let me give you my eyes!"

IU widened her eyes and quickly shook her head.

"Andwe! Never ever donate your eyes to me!" IU said quickly. Deep inside, she couldn't help but feel upset when Key brought the topic up. I'll forever be in this lonely, dark world. I will never be able to see a human's face and only picture it in my head. I will never be able to see how Bummie really looks like. I will never be able to thank Key for all his kindness eye-to-eye. I will never be able to thank Wooyoung for standing up to me–

"Why not? It's his choice to," Wooyoung said. IU widened her eyes. She looked up and shook her head.

"Andwe, Wooyoung-ah! Don't encourage him to!" IU pleaded.

"Um, IU-ssi, you're staring at Key. Wooyoung is on your left," Tiffany informed. IU blushed and turned to Wooyoung.

"Wooyoung oppa, don't encourage Key oppa to–"

"Maybe I will," Key snapped. IU widened her eyes and began to panic. Tiffany gulped as the two boys glared over IU. She jumped in between the two, which made the boys snap out of their glares.

"Guys, guys! You're making IU worried! Sheesh," Tiffany said, rolling her eyes. Key quickly whipped his head at IU and grabbed her fragile hands. Wooyoung stared at how Key grabbed IU's hands. He didn't like it at all.

"Mian, IU! I didn't mean to make you jealous," Key said, using his puppy eyes. Wooyoung rolled his eyes and scoffed. Wow, another change of mood. This guy is really something, Wooyoung thought. IU forced a smile.

"It's okay, Key oppa," IU replied calmly, "But never, ever donate your eyes to me, understand?" 

"Arraso, I won't," Key said, nodding his head. Tiffany cleared and pushed Key away. She quickly grabbed IU's hand and giggled.

"Come on, let's go back to class. I think these boys have to talk," Tiffany said, glancing at Wooyoung. Wooyoung's face was turning red with anger, as he secretly clenched his fingers into a fist. Tiffany sighed and shook her head disappointedly. Wooyoung oppa, will you ever learn to grow up? wondered Tiffany, as she pulled IU away. IU widened her eyes as she just remembered about the mental note. Wait! I forgot to tell Key oppa that I was sorry for being taken away! IU thought. She heaved a sigh and just shrugged. Well, I'll tell him after school.

Meanwhile, Key jumped over the school gates and sighed. He turned around and glared at Wooyoung. Wooyoung tossed Key a deadly glare.

"I won't let you be IU's friend that easily," Key growled. Wooyoung rolled his eyes.

"Oh please, she can be anyone's friend," Wooyoung snapped. "You must be the stupid childhood friend guy who also said, 'You only need me and no one else.' Really, that's stupid." Key narrowed his eyes.

"Mworago?" Key asked.

"Oh, and you must be a very selfish boy to say that. So, you're the stupid, selfish childhood friend who said, 'You only need me and no one else,' every time IU wanted to make a friend, huh?" Wooyoung added. Key made a fist.

"Ya–" Before Key could say anything, Bummie growled and barked at the two of them. The two boys stared at Bummie, as if it was trying to tell the two to stop. Wooyoung and Key took a deep breath and heaved a stressful sigh. Wooyoung put his hands into his pocket and casually turned away.

"I guess I'll have to see you next time," Wooyoung said.

"Wait." Wooyoung raised an eyebrow and turned his head around. Key pretended to freshen up a smile. "I'll consider you if you're a friend of IU if you take this examination test."

"What test?" Wooyoung asked. "I'm horrible at test."

"Don't worry, it's just a friendship test," Key snickered. Wooyoung raised an eyebrow. What's he up to now?

"Alright, let me hear it," Wooyoung said without thinking. Key cleared his throat and stared directly into Wooyoung's eyes.

"The examination test is simply this: Take IU out somewhere and get to know her better. If IU talks about the time you spent together, I'll maybe consider you as a friend of IU instead of someone who just pities her," Key explained. Wooyoung looked down at the ground, and then back at Key. Again, without thinking, Wooyoung blurted out his answer.

"Sure, I accept."

 

A/N: *Sigh* I was supposed to update yesterday, but ended up doing it today because there was an internet outage in my area T^T Today, I don't want to update all my FFs :P For some reason, I really like this orange color O_O ROFL XD Anyways, hope you enjoy the update~ ^^