The Warning Revealed

The Blind Eyes

"10% chance?" IU asked weakly. "This is clearly my fault. If I had noticed sooner, then I could've gotten Bummie fixed earlier."

Bummie…fixed…Wooyoung thought carefully. His eyebrows scrunched up together, as Wooyoung carefully thought of the two words. Where had he heard or listened to those words? Bummie…fixed…Bummie…fixed…

"Let me just tell you some things," Thunder said. "I'm warning you, you better get Bummie fixed up, or else you're all going to suffer the pain that I went through–losing a love-one."

"Thunder knew?!" Wooyoung yelled aloud. That thought was supposed to be in his head, but he had accidentally blurted it aloud. 2 pairs of eyes stared at Wooyoung, waited for him to finish. IU looked up, but her head was facing the direction of Key.

"W-What?" Tiffany asked, shocked at the sudden outburst. "Who knew?"

Wooyoung's cheeks flared as he looked away. "N-No one. I was just thinking."

"You know something that we don't," Key said, clenching a fist. "Tell us."

"Seriously, I don't remember!" Wooyoung protested. IU looked up at the direction she heard Wooyoung's voice.

"Wooyoung oppa…can you please tell us? Or at least me?" IU asked softly. Wooyoung felt his legs become like jelly. He gulped nervously, as he glanced at his friends. They all wanted an answer. Wooyoung took a deep breath and exhaled deeply.

"Fine. Before Thunder…jumped off the building." Wooyoung paused and stared at Key and IU, who already looked uncomfortable about the topic. "He told me something."

Wooyoung paused once more, but this time, longer. Key narrowed his eyes.

"Go on," Key commanded. "What was that 'something'?"

"He…He said exactly, 'I'm warning you, you better get Bummie fixed up, or else you're all going to suffer the pain that I went through–losing a love-one.' Yep…that's all he told me–" Wooyoung gasped as he was pushed against he white walls of the waiting room. Luckily, no one was around them, so the commotion didn't really bother anyone. Key glared angrily at Wooyoung and held up a fist.

"He said what?!" Key yelled.

"Key oppa…Tiffany, is Key oppa mad?" IU asked, panicking. Tiffany quickly walked up to IU and comforted her.

"Nope, he isn't," Tiffany lied. "He's just…shocked."

"A-Are you sure? Key oppa sounds really ma–" Before IU could finish her sentence, she heard another loud bang! near her. Wooyoung groaned in pain as he rubbed the back of his head.

"Man, that hurt," Wooyoung complained.

"So you knew this whole time about Bummie's health problems and you didn't even care to tell us?" Key shouted. He wanted to punch Wooyoung's face so badly, his fist was already shaking.

"I didn't know that it was serious, alright?" Wooyoung yelled back. "How am I supposed to know about a dog's life? How does Thunder even know about Bummie? He's not a vet. Plus, you said that I should protect IU, so I never trusted that jerk!"

"Thunder loved animals. He was very observant as a little boy. Just by glancing at an animal, he can tell if the animal is sick," Key hissed lowly. Key paused for a moment, and then glared at Wooyoung. "You still should've told us! It was Thunder warning us about something!"

"I never knew!" Wooyoung screamed, ready to throw a fist at Key. 

"Stop!" IU demanded. The boys stared at her, as IU narrowed her eyes. "Wooyoung oppa never knew. He could've told us, but he never knew that it would be serious. Key oppa, I know you're angry, but face reality, okay?"

The room became quiet. IU blushed, embarrassed about how she yelled at the two boys. Key sighed and released Wooyoung. He put his hands on his face, while Wooyoung slid his hands in his pocket. After a long moment of silence, Tiffany spoke up.

"I think…we should do the surgery," Tiffany said quietly. Key stared at Tiffany in shock, as Wooyoung stepped up.

"Yeah, let's do the surgery. For Bummie's sake," Wooyoung agreed boldly.

"Are you two out of your minds? He has only 10% of living, and 90% of dying. You really want to risk the situation?" Key retorted. 

"Yeah…let's try," IU agreed slowly, nodding her head. "A miracle can happen, after all."

Key stared at IU. "W-What?! Oh come on, I'm not letting my dog die because of surgery!"

"We're not going to let your dog die. Do you know why?" Tiffany asked, staring at Key intensely. Key gulped and shook his head. Wooyoung smirked and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Because we have hope for Bummie. It's for Bummie's sake," Wooyoung said.

A smile crept up on IU's face as she lifted head towards Wooyoung's direction. "Plus, Bummie is a strong dog. I agree, let's try the surgery!"

Wooyoung smiled back at IU, even though he knew that she couldn't see him smiling. He walked up to her and squeezed her hand, causing her to blush a bit. Key frowned, and then ruffled his hair.

"Aish…Fine! I'll let Bummie take the surgery!" Key reluctantly agree. IU squealed in excitement as she hugged Wooyoung.


A/N: You guys might want to go back to Chapter 26, where Thunder gave Wooyoung the warning, just in case you guys forgot. :)