The Sleepover (Part 1/2)

The Blind Eyes

Wooyoung stared nervously at the door. He knew he would have to knock on the door anytime sooner. If he didn't, IU can be in huge trouble. However, he didn't have the courage to face IU yet. He felt his heart beating twice as faster as before just thinking about staying in a house alone with IU. As he imagined IU sleeping peacefully like a baby, he blushed. A part of him wished that Key would've taken over the sleepover business, but the other part of him was glad that he got to spend some time with IU. 

Gah! How am I supposed to knock? Why am I so nervous? Wooyoung wondered, scratching his head nervously as he hesitated to open the door.


What was I thinking? Suggesting Wooyoung oppa to come to my house for a sleepover? Why was I so anxious? Why didn't I just say that I would be fine alone? IU thought. Questions continued to pop in her head, as she nervously hugged her pillow. She then realized that her grip around the pillow was quite tight. She loosened up and took a deep breath. Suddenly, she heard a low knock on the door. She gasped and immediately reacted, knowing that it was Wooyoung. Oh, how clumsy she was.

She accidentally tripped on the rug, twisting her ankle. She fell on her hands, however, as Bummie immediately got up to help her. Bummie howled and barked, as IU struggled to get up. When she stepped on her foot, she gasped and winced. She moaned in pain, as another soft knock was heard.

"C-Comming!" IU called, trying to hide her voice that was in pain. She squeaked when she tried to step on her feet again. 

Cane, cane, cane, IU thought, touching the ground with her hand frantically. Where is my cane? 

"Bummie, go get me a cane," IU whispered. Bummie obediently nodded its head as he quickly dashed for IU's cane. Usually, it would be by the door, but this time, it wasn't. Bummie whimpered, trying to tell IU that it did not know where the cane was anymore. IU groaned. She just remembered that Key had cleaned up the whole house.

Of all the things, how come Key forgot about telling me where the cane is? IU wondered.

"Bummie," she said softly. "Go get the door. If it isn't Wooyoung, bark at them until they go away."

Bummie barked in reply as it zoomed to the door. It got up on its hind leg, raised its two front paw, and tried its best to open the golden doorknob. IU sighed and tried to get up. She winced and gasped.

Oh great, just another problem for me and Wooyoung to worry about, she sighed.


Strange, Wooyoung thought. She should open by now–

The door suddenly creaked open, as if he was entering a haunted mansion. Wooyoung found Bummie barking hopelessly at him. 

"Sorry Bummie, but even though you want me out, I have to stay here," Wooyoung said. "That stupid Key wants me to stay here and take care of IU, incase that something happens to her and–"

"ARF! ARF!" Bummie barked, tugging on Wooyoung's brand new shirt with its drooling mouth. Wooyoung widened his eyes, scolding Bummie as he was dragged into the living room.

"Bummie, what are you doing?" Wooyoung cried. He looked away from Bummie and found IU on the ground, biting her bottom lips as if she was in pain. Wooyoung widened his eyes. "IU!"

"Wooyoung oppa, is that you?" IU asked quietly. She moaned in pain, as she tried to get up. Wooyoung frowned and helped IU up on the couch.


After a long period of time, Wooyoung was finished fixing up IU's ankle. It wasn't anything serious. She had just gotten a big bruise when she had tripped. Wooyoung smiled and looked up to see the embarrassed little girl. IU blushed and looked away shyly.

"I-I'm sorry if I caused anymore trouble…"

"It's fine," Wooyoung assured. "I guess Key must've done a better job cleaning around this place…"

"No, no!" IU exclaimed. "Key did an excellent job in cleaning! It's just that I was kind of, well, rushing a bit."

"For what reason?" Wooyoung questioned. "It was only me. Unless you might've thought that it was Thunder, coming to get you."

"E-Exactly!" IU stuttered, secretly lying to Wooyoung. "I was rushing because I thought it was Thunder oppa!"

Why am I lying? I feel so guilty! Why can't I just tell Wooyoung oppa that I was nervous because of him? IU wondered, biting her tongue softly. Wooyoung examined IU for a moment, and then smiled. He decided to move on, not caring if IU had lied to him or not.

"What do you want to do?" Wooyoung asked. He began to list several of activities the two could do, as IU's thoughts drifted off.

Why did I lie to him? Since when did I stutter so much around him? IU wondered. She paused for a moment, until she felt her heart leap a beat when she thought about how she had touched Wooyoung's lips. Since when did I fall in love with him?