Misunderstanding

The Blind Eyes

On Monday, Wooyoung went to school with Tiffany. Although he had protested that Tiffany was going to bug him while going to school, his mother forced him to go to school with his fiance. The walk to school was silent, until they had arrived in front of IU's apartment. Wooyoung stopped and grabbed Tiffany's wrist. She immediately blushed, while Wooyoung dragged her behind a bush.

"Stay quiet," Wooyoung ordered. Tiffany shyly nodded her head and looked up. Her eyes widened when she spotted Key sleeping and leaning against the wall. 

Is he waiting for IU? Tiffany wondered, as Key opened one eye. Tiffany gasped, as Wooyoung shot her a sharp glare.

"Stay quiet!" Wooyoung hissed, as Key flipped his phone open. He dialed in some numbers, and then put the phone next to his ear. 

Who's he calling? Wooyoung wondered. Is it IU? It has to be. He's just starting school today, anyways.

"IU? IU, are you coming to school or not?" Key asked. It suddenly became silent, while Key waited for IU's reply. "IU, you can't stay in your room forever. You have school."

IU's not coming to school? It's not like her, Wooyoung thought, remembering that IU loved school.

"IU, if it's about Wooyoung, talk to me. I know what happened at the date. I…I kind of stalked you two," Key said quietly, but loud enough for Wooyoung and Tiffany to here. 

Don't worry, Key! I stalked Wooyoung because I'm his fiance! Tiffany thought, wanting to giggle. 

"IU, I know Wooyoung made you upset, but c'mon, Bummie needs to walk outside, too, right? IU? IU, can you hear me? Hello–Aish…she hung up," Key mumbled, staring at his phone. He looked back at the apartment and sighed. Once again, he closed his eyes as if he was sleeping.

I'll wait for you, IU, Key thought. I'll wait until you get out of your house so that we could go to school togehter.


"BEING BLIND !" IU screamed, throwing her phone against the wall. Bummie whimpered and covered his eyes with his paws, staring at his owner with fear. IU continued to sob and curled herself in a ball.

Why? Why was I so upset when Wooyoung said he hated me? IU wondered, wiping her tears. He's such a babo…I don't know why I wanted to be friends with him.

"Bummie…Bummie, come here," IU said softly. Hearing the gentleness of his owner's voice, Bummie happily barked and jumped on IU's bed. He lied down besides her, while IU calmly petted the dog.

"Wooyoung is such a babo. Sheesh. If he hates so many people, why is he even in this world for?" IU grumbled, feeding Bummie a treat.

Maybe he's here because he's here to learn how to love? IU reasoned. She sighed and shook her head. Nah, I'm probably wrong.


"Yo Key."

Key yawned and rubbed his tired eyes. He slowly opened his eyes and found Wooyoung and Tiffany in front of him.

"Oh, what are you two doing here?" Key asked, yawning again.

"I should be asking you the same. IU's not going to school?" Wooyoung asked. Key shot Wooyoung an evil glare.

"What do you think? After you made her cry yesterday, do you think she's coming to see you?" Key snapped. Wooyoung stood quiet for a moment.

What did I do wrong? All we did was have fun at the 'date,' Wooyoung thought, confused. It didn't make any sense for him why IU was crying. They had fun, didn't they?

"I don't get it. What did I do to make her cry?" Wooyoung asked, throwing his arms up in the air.

"You said that you hated IU!" Tiffany blurted. Wooyoung and Key stared at Tiffany, raising an eyebrow.

Was Tiffany there during the date, too? Key wondered. Did I not see her? Was she in disguise or something?

"What the…I never even said such a thing!" Wooyoung exclaimed.

"Yes you did! You said that you hated your mother, the world, and then you said you hated everything," Tiffany listed. Wooyoung stared at Tiffany for a moment, and then snorted.

"I said I hated everything. Not every human being," Wooyoung pointed out.

"Everything counts as things and human being, Jang Wooyoung," Key said.

So this is all a misunderstanding, right? Key thought, heaving a heavy sigh. 

"Eh, whatever," Wooyoung said, shrugging his shoulders. He looked up at IU's apartment and opened his mouth to speak.

"So…IU's mad at me?"

"Not exactly. She's upset," Key murmured. Wooyoung continued to stare at IU's apartment, and then turned around. He walked away, leaving Tiffany and Key alone. Before Wooyoung disappeared, Tiffany took a step.

"Wooyoung oppa, where are you going?" Tiffany shouted. Wooyoung, who was probably many feet away, stopped walking. He pressed his lips into a thin line, and then turned around.

"Well, obviously not school. Go to school without me," Wooyoung shouted back. With that, he ran away from Tiffany's and Key's sight. 

"Aish…That guy didn't even apologize–"

"Don't hate him for not apologizing," Tiffany said, stopping Key. "He's…the type who doesn't really apologize. Plus, there's a reason why he's not going to school."

"And why is that?" Key asked, rolling his eyes. Tiffany gave a sharp look at Key.

"It's because IU can go to school without being upset over Wooyoung. It's kind of obvious when you think about it, Key-ssi," Tiffany said, ready to go inside the apartment. Key frowned, as he stared at the direction Wooyoung had left.

Maybe he's a good guy after all, Key thought, loosening up, But I'm not going to let him be IU's friend just yet.