Arguing

The Blind Eyes

After science ended, Wooyoung had a cold and dark expression. He gritted his teeth, while Key, Tiffany, and IU followed right behind him. Especially IU. She was holding onto Wooyoung's jacket, and she herself didn't know why. When they arrived at IU's locker, Wooyoung coldly turned his head.

"Let go, IU," Wooyoung commanded. Like a dog, IU whimpered and dropped her hand to the side. She reached to touch Wooyoung's chubby cheeks, but Wooyoung backed away. "I'll be going first. See ya."

Wooyoung took off before anyone else could say a word. IU pouted, tears threatening to spill. She gulped uneasily, as Key opened her locker for her. Tiffany smirked and flipped her hair. She applied a bit more make-up, and then looked up to IU and Key.

"Hey, I'm going to see how Wooyoung's doing. I feel really bad for him. He's been through a lot," Tiffany said sadly, winking at Key. Key forced a smile until he noticed IU nodding her head slowly.

"Yeah, it's like someone doesn't want him to stay here anymore or something. It's like someone hates him, even though he didn't do anything," IU whispered. Tiffany ignored IU and turned to Key.

"I'll be going now. Have fun with IU," Tiffany mouthed silently. Key nodded his head as Tiffany walked away, trying to find Wooyoung. Key turned back to IU, and almost jumped into shock. A tear was trailing on her cheek, slowly and steadily. 

"IU…Why are you crying?" Key asked quietly. IU wiped her tears and smiled.

"N-No! I'm not crying!" she denied. She looked up at the locker. "See? I'm not crying!"

Key stared at IU. Why's she denying? Does she not trust me now or something?

"IU, I can see your tears," Key replied, crossing his arms. IU bit her lips, and quickly wiped the tears that were spilling from her eyes. She reached to grab Key's arms, and then wrapped them around her. Key's eyes enlarged, as his cheeks turned bright pink. IU leaned towards Key's chest and began to sob.

"Key oppa…" IU started. "I don't want Wooyoung oppa to leave! He's such a good friend, and I don't want our friendship to go to a waste! I want to know who the person that's making Wooyoung so upset is! I'm afraid that Wooyoung oppa going to leave this school any minute now because he's really mad. I…I don't want him to go. H-He's such a good boy and…and…Can you please do something about this, Key oppa?"

Key gulped nervously. A large lump could be seen in Key's throat, as he found himself shaking. A pang of guilt stabbed his chest, smirking and smiling at him, as if it was enjoying seeing Key in pain. Key his dry lips and patted IU's head.

"I…I promise I'll do something," Key promised. "I…I will…"


After school, Key was kicking stones with his hand in his pocket. He patiently waited for Tiffany to come to the back of the school, where he had told her to meet him at. When he heard footsteps, he looked up and found Tiffany, who looked distressed.

"Ugh!" Tiffany grumbled. "That…That Wooyoung! Why couldn't he just…I can't even…GRR!"

"Um…Fany?" Key said quietly. Tiffany looked up and sighed. She straightened her uniform out, brushed her hair with her fingers, and smiled softly at Key.

"Yes, Key?" Tiffany asked, batting her eyes. Why am I doing this? I feel idiotic, Tiffany thought. Oh yeah, to calm myself and to not let my anger be put on Key, who's helping me on getting Wooyoung back to me.

"I don't think I can do this anymore," Key softly said.

"What do you mean?"

"Like, I can't go on with the pranks. I-It hurts IU and i-if she's hurt, i-it hurts me, too," Key confessed.

Why am I calming myself again? Tiffany thought. Oh yeah, to not let my anger to be put on Key, who just confessed that he's not going to help me anymore. Right…

Wait.

"WHAT?!" Tiffany bellowed. She made an angry fist and marched up to Key, glaring at him. "You're not going to help me? After all I've done to you? Really?"

Key gulped nervously, as his saliva made a lump in his throat. "Uh…yeah, really."

"Why?!" Tiffany yelled.

"B-Because I–"

"You're such a wimp, Key! A wimp!" Tiffany accused. Key's face turned red– not because he was embarrassed, but because he was furious. He clenched his jaws and glared evilly at Tiffany.

"I might be a wimp, but at least I care about others, unlike you!" Key snapped. "You don't know how to care! You're a heartless, old granny!"

Tiffany asked and raised her hand. Before Key knew it, he felt a sharp sting on his cheek, as his face was turned to the side. The two did not say a word for a moment. Suddenly, Key let out a bitter laugh and touched his cheek. He turned back to Tiffany and gave her a serious expression.

"Fine. Hurt me. Slap me, punch me, kick me, play pranks on me, whatever, but if you hurt IU, be prepared, Fany," Key warned. He turned around, kicked a rock, and stormed away. Tiffany scoffed and rolled her eyes.

Puh-leaze, Tiffany thought. If a guy can't do this, then I have to do this.