The Chestnut-Colored Hair Boy

The Blind Eyes

This is so~ boring.

The clock ticked slowly as if time was about to stop. Wooyoung leaned his cheek against the palm of his hand, staring at the clock. He wasn't even paying attention to the teacher, who was calling on him. His mind was worrying about IU. I wonder if someone is messing around with her in class. I wonder if she could even learn there. What if she misses something? Aish, why did she even have to be blind in the first place?

"Jang Wooyoung? JANG WOOYOUNG!" the teacher called. Wooyoung heaved a sigh and messed up his hair with his fingers. Aish jinja…

"Aish…Mwoh saem?" Wooyoung snapped, glaring at the teacher. Tiffany bit her lips. Oh no!

"Jang Wooyoung, please solve this problem," the teacher said, pointing at a couple of numbers. Wooyoung sighed and got up. Tiffany slowly nodded her head and pumped a fist. Hwaiting, Wooyoung! I know you can answer this!

As Wooyoung held the white, dusty chalk in his hand, he stared at the plain numbers. The numbers seemed to off the board. Wooyoung's head started spinning and the numbers seemed to be teasing him that he was dumb. Wooyoung groaned and scratched his head cluelessly. A couple of kids started chuckling at the new student. The teacher sighed.

"Wooyoung, sit back down at your seat–"

"Hold up," Wooyoung said, quickly scribbling something on the blackboard. The students raised their heads to see what Wooyoung was writing, but Wooyoung's body blocked the answer. 

Finally, Wooyoung slammed the chalk down at the teacher's desk and sighed. He wiped his sweat and cooly walked back to his seat as the students stared at him. The teacher frowned at the answer Wooyoung had written. He turned to Wooyoung, but Wooyoung was gone.

"Where did Mr. Jang go?" the teacher asked, frowning angrily. Tiffany bit her lips.

"He…kind of left the class with his backpack," Tiffany said softly. The teacher sighed as he glanced at Wooyoung answer. What's this even supposed to mean? the teacher wondered. On the board, it was basically supposed to explain why the graph and the equation made sense. What Wooyoung wrote was totally off the topic. All he wrote was:

   Losers   

Meanwhile, Wooyoung adjusted his backpack and walked to the classroom next door. I hope that IU is doing well, Wooyoung thought, peaking at the window on the door. He spotted IU at the far back desk, typing the notes instead of writing them like the other students were. Wooyoung smirked as he began to feel eased. Well, at least she's doing well.

Wooyoung checked his watch and sighed. He just left class; why go back? He decided to kill some time by ditching school for a while until lunch break. Then he could meet IU again, right? He smiled naturally and walked outside of school. He just remembered that Bummie was outside of the school gates, so he could accompany him.

When Wooyoung jumped over the gate, he found the black dog barking and sticking his tongue out happily. Wooyoung smiled, but then it quickly faded when he saw someone else approaching the dog. Bummie barked happily and approached the stranger. The stranger was simply wearing a gray sweatpants with a black sweater with a hood. The hood covered the stranger's face, so Wooyoung couldn't see exactly who he was.

"Good dog, good dog," the stranger whispered. Wooyoung frowned and made a fist. What's up with him? Actually, who on earth is that guy? 

"Hey! You!" Wooyoung shouted. The stranger looked up and widened his eyes. He got up on his feet and turned around. Wooyoung raised an eyebrow. Is he trying to run away?

"Hey! Stay right there!" Wooyoung demanded. The stranger stood still, but then took a step forward. Wooyoung sighed as he approached the stranger. "I'm surprised that you didn't run away."

"I was about to, but I decided to stay," the stranger replied. The stranger turned around and removed his hood. He smiled naturally at Wooyoung, who kept a straight face. The stranger had chestnut-colored hair, with bangs swept to the right. He was slim and skinny, and Bummie seemed to know him.

"So…I see that you might know this dog?" Wooyoung asked, raising an eyebrow. The stranger smiled in reply.

"Of course! He's a great friend," the stranger exclaimed. Wooyoung slowly nodded. He's definitely suspicious.

"Are you new here or something?" Wooyoung questioned. The stranger pressed his lips into a thin line and shrugged.

"Well, I guess. I mean, I didn't transfer school yet, but I'm gonna. You seem new, am I right?" the stranger asked. Wooyoung clicked his tongue. He has a sharp eye.

"Yeah, I am. You know, you should leave Bummie alone.  He's, well, someone's very special dog inside this school," Wooyoung said, gesturing his shoulder towards the school. The stranger slowly nodded his head and looked up at the school, and then down at Bummie.

"So she still kept his name…" The stranger tapped on his chin, carefully thinking about something. Wooyoung frowned. This guy is definitely suspicious. I can't trust him at all.

"Excuse me, but I suggest you leave," Wooyoung said bravely. If he's not leaving, he's asking for a fight.

"Arraso. I'll leave. I can tell that you're getting annoyed with me now. Annyeong!" the stranger said, waving. Wooyoung raised an eyebrow. Well that wasn't too hard.

After a couple of small steps, the stranger stopped. He turned his head around and flashed Wooyoung a bright smile. Bummie whimpered knowing that the stranger was leaving.

"Hey! I have a feeling that you know this dog's owner," the stranger said. Wooyoung slowly nodded, as the stranger smiled. "Tell the owner of this dog, 'I'm back.'" With that said, the stranger ran away before Wooyoung could say anymore. Wooyoung scratched his head, confused. Who is he? Wooyoung wondered.