Do You Not See It?

The Blind Eyes

The next morning, Wooyoung woke up when a splash of cold water splattered on his face. Wooyoung shrieked and sat right up, as the water stung his face like millions of needles.

"WHO DID THIS?!" Wooyoung shouted, wiping the water off his eyes. He whipped his head to the side and saw Tiffany holding a bucket. Tiffany glared at Wooyoung and tossed the bucket to the side.

"I did," Tiffany stated boldly, "and good morning, Wooyoung oppa!"

"YA!" Wooyoung yelled angrily, making a fist. Tiffany rolled her eyes and walked to his closet.

"Wooyoung, your mother wants you downstairs right now. Hurry up and get dressed–Key even visited us," Tiffany informed. Wooyoung raised an eyebrow. Key? I thought we finished our discussion yesterday, he thought. He hurriedly got out of bed while Tiffany neatly laid his clothes on his bed. Tiffany turned around and left the room for Wooyoung to change and get ready. As he got ready, all he could think about was why Key was here, visiting him at this time of the day.


"Key-ssi, would you like some tea?"

"No thank you, Tiffany."

"Would you like some cookies?"

"No thank you, Tiffany."

"Then…Would you like a massage?"

"Tiffany-ssi, you sound like a maid more than a wife. Please just sit down while we wait for Wooyoung," Key said, chuckling a bit. Tiffany bit her lips as he sat down. She was never close to any man except for Wooyoung and her father. Key was probably the third guy she had ever been close to (and alone with.)

As time passed by slowly, Tiffany couldn't help but steal secret glances at Key and compare him to Wooyoung. Key and Wooyoung are far too different, Tiffany thought. Key's such a gentleman, while Wooyoung acts like he's the king of everything. Key talks so politely to me, but Wooyoung just snaps at me all day. I wish it was Key oppa that I was going to be engaged with. Tiffany let out a loud sigh, as Key raised an eyebrow.

"Is there something wrong?" Key asked. Tiffany gasped right after Key had spoke. She hadn't realized that she was deeply thinking about the two boys. She forced a tight smile and shook her head.

"Aniyo, nothing's wrong," Tiffany assured. Key slowly nodded his head and checked his watch. What's taking Wooyoung so long? Key thought, frowning. He glanced at Tiffany, who gasped. She quickly blushed and looked back down. She hadn't realized that she was staring at him the whole time. Key ignored Tiffany and checked his watch again. If Wooyoung wasn't downstairs in a minute, he would have to go.

"Tiffany-ssi, I'll have to go for now. If Wooyoung comes down, please tell him that I'm sorry that I had to leave," Key said, standing up. That boy isn't even a girl and he takes an awfully long time to get ready. Psh, and last night he said that I was a girl, Key thought, as Tiffany nodded her head.

"Alright. Er, if you don't mind, what did you have to talk to him about?" Tiffany asked curiously.

"Oh, nothing. Just this and that and IU and stuff," Key said, faking a smile. IU? Don't tell me that he wanted to talk to Wooyoung about last night… Tiffany thought, as Key stopped in front of the door.

"Well, I'll be going now, Tiffany-ssi. Good bye."

With that, he left the house. By the time Key left the house, Wooyoung just came down the stairs. "So where's Key?"

"He just left," Tiffany informed, "and I think it's about IU, Woo-ah."

"Aish…He doesn't get it! I can be IU's friend if I wanted to be," Wooyoung grumbled, scratching his head frustratedly. 

"I think it was much more serious than that," Tiffany spoke quietly. "Key seemed worried, upset, and angry when he said IU's name. He even faked a smile. You know how good I am when it comes to fake smiles."

"Why would he even be worried or anything? Gosh, he's just too overprotective. He doesn't need to be so selfish around a friend," Wooyoung complained, as the two sat down on the couch. Wooyoung bit into a cookie, leaving crumbs on the couch.

"I don't think Key was being selfish," Tiffany said softly.

"Then what other reason would there be for him hogging IU? It's not like he likes her or anything," Wooyoung laughed. Silence filled the air as Wooyoung awkwardly looked at Tiffany. "Does…he?"

"Wooyoung oppa, you're so blind, you're even blinder than IU!" Tiffany exclaimed. "Do you not see it? Do you not see how Key's eyes look when he's around IU?"

Wooyoung calmly shook his head. "Why would I look at his eyes? They're brown and have black pupils like me."

"Wooyoung, don't you understand? Key loves IU so much, he doesn't want to lose her from another guy," Tiffany explained.

"I know! I just want to be IU's friend, that's all," Wooyoung said, sipping his tea loudly.

"Exactly. Key-ssi doesn't think that you just want to be IU's friend. He thinks you're trying to take her away."