Not The Right Time

The Blind Eyes

Why? 

Wooyoung kept repeating the same question: Why?

Why does Key love IU so much? What makes her so different? Why?

He couldn't think properly. He was extremely glad that he had ditched school today. If he hadn't, he might've said something embarrassing aloud in class. All he could do was wonder and think. He even tried to compare Tiffany and IU. He had to admit that Tiffany was much prettier than IU, but he always admitted that IU was more softer than Tiffany.

I've spent more time with Tiffany, yet I blush when IU says words that compliment me. Why?

"Just why?" Wooyoung mumbled, staring up at the sky. He was lying on his back against the tall and fresh grasses, crossing his arms and putting his hands behind his head.

"Why what?" a familiar voice asked. Wooyoung sat straight up and turned around. 

"Tiffany? What are you doing here?" Wooyoung asked, a bit surprised. Tiffany giggled and sat next to Wooyoung. She smiled warmly at Wooyoung and ran her fingers through his hair.

"Silly Wooyoung! I'm your future wife, duh. I have to know your problems," Tiffany said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Wooyoung lightly chuckled as his heart sank when Tiffany said, 'wife.' 

"Oh. I almost forgot," Wooyoung uttered, as Tiffany stretched her arms in the air.

"So…" she said, turning to face Wooyoung, "Mind telling me what the problem is?"


I can't believe it, IU thought, as she bit her soft, bottom lips. I can't believe Key oppa likes me. I can't believe it that I never knew until now. I wonder if Bummie knew. Could he have known? Of course not, he's a dog. But still…Isn't this too fast? For Key to like me?

Wait, he didn't say he likes me completely! So maybe he doesn't like me! Yes, maybe it's because he was just thinking about me if I was in class or if I was stalking him to hear where he was going! Yes, yes! That's the answer! Hooray, I don't have to be awkward around Key oppa anymore! IU thought, flashing a proud and lively grin.

"Hey, IU," Key greeted. IU gasped and accidentally knocked her knee against the desk leg. She groaned in pain as she bent down to rub it.

 "Ow…that hurt," she mumbled, rubbing her injured knee. Key immediately reacted to the small injury. 

"IU, IU! Are you okay? Are you hurt really badly? Did you get a bruise? Should I get the nurse? You–"

"I'm fine," IU interrupted, waving her hand. "I just knocked my knee against the table leg. No big deal. Normally you wouldn't be freaking out like this when I get a minor injury…"

Key blushed as he looked away. His argument with Wooyoung was still in his mind, replaying and replaying. He knew well enough that he liked IU and was always prideful, but saying that he liked IU or hearing someone else saying that he liked IU made it sound awkward and embarrassing. However, soon he knew that he could have to confess his feelings for IU someday.

I just have to wait for the right time, Key thought, as he secretly glanced at IU. If only that right time would come soon before Wooyoung confesses to her…I can tell that he likes her and that IU likes him.

"Key oppa, do you like me?" IU blurted. Key felt his heart stop beating. He caught his breath and stared at IU like a zombie.

"W-What?"

"Do you like me?"

Key kept quiet. Did he like her? Of course he did. Wait, no, he loved her. Of course he loved her! He was with her for many years! How could he not like her?

Is this the right time to confess? Key wondered, examining IU. He was about to answer IU, but then hesitated. It's so much harder to say it than just to think about it.

When he stared deeply into IU's eyes, he decided not to tell the truth. Her eyes looked scared and weak, as if she didn't want to hear if Key was in love with her. She looked a bit upset, too, as her eyes shined dully. Key his dry lips.

No, it isn't the right time. She's scared of my answer. I'll just answer a no, Key decided.

"Yes," he blurted. His eyes widened as IU seemed like she was going to fall down a canyon.

What the heck am I saying? Babo, babo, babo, Key! Aish… Key thought, scolding himself.

He said that he likes me! Omo, omo! What am I going to do? What am I supposed to say? IU thought, panicking.

"I-I mean, of course I like you. You're my friend," Key stuttered, correcting his mistake. IU heaved a relieving sigh. Key bit his lips.

She sighed. She sighed! She sounded like as if she wanted that answer. It's not the right time at all. If I tell her that she loves me, she's going to be afraid. At least I know that she doesn't love me and that I have to try harder, Key thought, a bit upset.

"Oh, okay. I thought I heard someone say that you, uh, like me. Must've been my imagination, ha, ha! I must be using my ears too much," IU said awkwardly. 

"I…Be right back. I got something in my eye," Key said, pretending to rub his eyes. He rushed out of the classroom and headed towards the bathroom, leaving IU dumbfounded and clueless.

"But class is going to start," she mumbled.