Best Day Ever?

The Blind Eyes

The whole entire day, IU was smiling and giggling, holding up the crumbled note in her hand. Key was awfully curious, and Tiffany couldn't help but be a bit depressed. Tiffany didn't understand why Wooyoung was so nice to IU when she was his fiance. 

I just don't get it, she thought, scowling as she walked through the busy students. Why is it that Wooyoung oppa cares about IU more than me? Shouldn't he be worrying over our wedding? When I was upset at him, he never apologized to me. Really, this is unfair! 

Suddenly, Tiffany bumped into a stranger without noticing. Her eyes widened, as she was about to fall over on her face. She shut her eyes close, not even trying to protect her face while falling.

Oh gosh, this can't get any worse.

Before she knew it, she landed on something hard, but not as hard as the ground. In fact, with was warm, like human skin. She opened her eyes slowly and looked up, finding Wooyoung eating a lollipop. 

"Wooyoung oppa…"

For a moment, the two stared at each other, surprised and shocked. It was like only the two of them revolved in their own little worlds, ignoring what was happening. Finally, Wooyoung glared coldly at Tiffany.

"Get off of me," he ordered. Tiffany scrambled on her feet, as her senses came back. She stared at Wooyoung curiously, wondering where he had gotten the lollipop.

"Where'd you get the candy?" Tiffany asked. Wooyoung looked down at his snack and lightly blushed.

"From IU. Actually, Bummie sent it to me. There was a note attached to it, but I didn't know what it said since it was in braille. I had to ask Key for some help, translating the note. All it said was, 'You're forgiven. You can come to school if you want.' Want some of the candy? It tastes good," Wooyoung offered, taking out the lollipop from his mouth with a loud Pop!

Tiffany stared at the candy, turning a bit red. "N-No thanks…It'd be like an indirect kiss, Wooyoung oppa…"

"What? I was just asking if you wanted a lollipop. We could've always go to IU to get some more," Wooyoung laughed, the lollipop again. Tiffany stared down at the ground, embarrassed. She covered her flushing face with her hair as she cleared .

"O-Oh, so that's what you were talking about…W-Well, I'm, uh, going to go. Bye," Tiffany stuttered, walking away from Wooyoung. 

Why am I stuttering and blushing in front of that jerk who doesn't even care about me? Tiffany wondered, noticing that her heart was beating as quickly as ever.


"Bummie-ah! Today must be the best day of my life!" IU exclaimed, patting her dog's fur while looking somewhere else. Bummie stuck his tongue out and barked with glee, agreeing with IU. "Well, maybe first best or second best. Definitely not third best, though."

"Then what are the two best days of your life, hm?" a familiar voice asked. IU jumped in shock, hugging Bummie closer to her. Even though it was familiar, she wasn't sure if she was able to trust that voice.

"W-Who's there?" IU exclaimed. "I can hurt you! Don't take advantage of me just because I'm blind! I have Bummie here!"

"IU, IU! It's me, Key! Sheesh, I thought you'd recognize my voice by now!" Key exclaimed, laughing as he took a seat next to IU. IU smiled brightly as she relieved a sigh.

"Oh, it's only Key oppa. I thought you were someone else. You know, if you can't see the word, you can't really trust anyone…" IU said quietly, as she lowered her head. Key stared at IU sympathetically for a moment, and then brightened up a smile.

"IU, I can donate my eyes to you! Please let me! If you feel that bad about being blind, let me take over," Key begged. 

IU widened her eyes and shook her head, quickly saying, "No! Don't you ever dare to do such a thing, Ki Bum! Even if you want to do it secretly, I won't accept it!"

Key sighed and stared at Bummie, as if he was telepathically saying, "She's stubborn, isn't she, Bummie?"

Bummie barked as if he replied. IU shot Key a glare.

"I know you were talking about me, Key! What did you say to Bummie?" 

"I didn't say anything. All I was wondering was what were the two best days of your life," Key defended. IU smiled and reached to pat Bummie's fur.

"Well, there was the time where you got Bummie. We named him together, remember?" IU reminded, as Key formed a smile.


"Ji Eun, Ji Eun!" exclaimed little Key, running up to catch up with her friend. Key spotted IU playing with a girl about her age. Key shot a glare at the girl when she touched IU's dolls. He stepped up and dropped the object he was holding in his hand.

"You! Get away from Ji Eun! Stop stealing her toys!" Key snapped harshly. The girl looked startled, staring at the boy.

"B-But I wasn't stealing–"

"Yeah right! Go and play with someone else! Steal some other kid's toys, but not Ji Eun's! You can't take advantage of her just because she's blind," Key shouted, kicking some dirt at the girl. The girl started crying as she ran away, leaving all her toys. Key smirked and sat in front of IU. "Ji Eun, Ji Eun! Look what I got!"

"A new toy?" IU asked, heaving an upsetting sigh. Key took no notice of it and picked up the same object he was carrying before. A small, black puppy whimpered as it sniffed the cold air. The puppy stared at its owner, and then at IU. It wagged his tail and walked to IU, her face. IU giggled as she tried to push the puppy away.

"What kind of toy is this? It has some sticky slobber," IU giggled, as Key grabbed the puppy away from IU.

"It's what people call a puppy! It's black and pretty furry," Key explained, describing the puppy as detailed as possible. IU's face darkened when she heard the word, "black."

"So he's as black as my blindness? Is he blind, too?" IU asked.

"No, but he's colorblind," Key said, as the puppy barked in agreement. IU sighed and scratched the puppy behind its ears.

"Well, it's lucky enough to see. I can't see a thing in this world. All I see is black. Black, black, black, and more black," IU grumbled. Key stood quiet for a moment, knowing that he had upset IU once again. Then, he broke into a smile, and grabbed IU's free hand.

"Hey Ji Eun! I'll let you name this puppy. It'll be a puppy that connects you and I together," Key smiled, as IU's face brightened up.

"Okay! I already know exactly what to name it," IU started, holding up the puppy. "I'll call you Bummie."

Key frowned. "Why does the dog's name sound similar to my name?"

IU stared at Key and smiled. "Because Bummie is much easier to say instead of Ki Bum. Plus, I think Bummie sounds like a cute name! I want Bummie to remind me of you."

Key grinned and grabbed Bummie in his arm. "Arraso! Bummie it is. Well, I have to go now. Bye Ji Eun-ah! Tell me if you have any problems with bullies or something, arraso?"


"And the other say is today, when Wooyoung apologized to me. I forgave him and gave him a lollipop. Hopefully he'll be coming to school today. Do you think he'll be coming to school?" IU asked, talking on and on about Wooyoung and her. Key scowled as his expression darkened. He quickly grabbed IU's hand and pulled her up.

"Come on, we have class soon," Key mumbled, dragging IU towards the building. While IU kept questioning herself if Wooyoung had gotten her note and all, Key ignored everything IU had said, which was rare. 

I won't let Wooyoung be IU's friend just yet. Not yet, until I can get IU to love me.