An Awkward Call

The Blind Eyes

Ring, Ring! Ring, Ring!

Wooyoung's cellphone rang, but he refused to reach for his phone. He was tired, lazy, and his head ache because of what happened at the vet yesterday. 

Ring, R–

"YA," Wooyoung yelled. "IF NO ONE PICKS UP THE PHONE AFTER THREE RINGS, HANG UP. HAVEN'T YOU LEARNED THAT BEFORE?!"

"O-Oh! Um…Sorry! I-I'll call you back then, Wooyoung oppa…" IU said quietly, feeling nervous and a bit scared. It took a while for Wooyoung to recognize the voice. Suddenly, his eyes shot wide open.

"I…IU?" he stammered. "Don't hang up! Wait! I'll be right there–"

"No, no! I'm fine!" IU assured. "I just wanted to tell you something! You better sit down, because it's really good news!"

Wooyoung rubbed his face with a hand and sat on his bed. "Okay. I sat down on my bed."

"Alright…" IU took a deep breath, as her lips curved into a smile. "Someone is willing to donate their eyes to me!"

Wooyoung paused. "W-What…?"

"I'm going to get eyes that can see! I'll be able to see!" IU cheered. Wooyoung kept quiet. His mouth was wide open, speechless. He didn't know what to say.

"A-Are you serious?" Wooyoung stuttered again. Why am I stuttering so much today?

"Yes! Even Key oppa confirmed it! I'm getting the eyes the next day after Bummie gets his surgery done."

Wooyoung stopped talking. The world seemed to freeze around him. After a few moment, he screamed with joy, saying, "Oh my gosh! Really? I can't believe it! Congratulations IU! You totally deserve it!"

IU giggled. She knew (or at least hoped) that Wooyoung would be happy to hear the news. Her wish was complete. "I can't wait to see! I want to see how Bummie looks like, how you look like, how…"

"Me too! I can't wait! Then we can go on dates and–" Wooyoung stopped himself. He covered his mouth with one of hand, and bit his lips. Hard. 

What the heck?! Wooyoung thought, scolding himself. Really, Wooyoung? Dates? Come on, you don't even go on dates with her! Aish…babo, babo, babo!

"Um…Hello?" Wooyoung said quietly.

"I-I-I'm here," IU stuttered nervously. Heat rose on her cheeks as she wiped her sweaty hands against her jeans. She couldn't believe what Wooyoung just said. Dates? She wished.

"S-Sorry," Wooyoung apologized. "Just ignored it. It's nothing."

There was a moment of silence. Wooyoung began to curse himself for being so stupid. IU gently opened to speak, her face flushing with heat.

"I-I'll be going then," IU stuttered.

"Sure. Have fun." With that, IU hung up. Wooyoung paused, hearing a long beep sound. After a few more seconds, he screamed and through his cellphone across his mirror. His mirror cracked, and his phone broke into two pieces. Wooyoung messed up his already messed-up hair and groaned. He lied down back on his back, accidentally bumping his head against the wall. He moaned in pain as he sat back up.

I'm such a stupid jerk, Wooyoung thought, blushing. He dialed his phone and waited for the other line to pick up.

"This is Wooyoung's mansion. May I help you?" his butler answered from the first floor.

"This is me, Wooyoung."

"Er, sir, don't you prefer to come downstairs and talk to me instead of using your cellphone? You also could've rang the bell–"

"Ah, blah, blah, blah." Wooyoung stiffened. He sighed and forced a smile. "Sorry. I'm a bit…embarrassed from a call I had this morning. Anyways, call the maids to clean up the glass. The mirror broke. Oh, and I need you to contact the phone company. I need a new phone."

"How did your break your mirror?" the butler asked. Wooyoung kept quiet.

"A woodpecker pecked my mirror."

"In the city? A woodpecker?"

"Aish, stop asking more questions! Just clean up the mess, fix the mirror, and get me a new phone!" Wooyoung demanded.

"Isn't have more than one phone enough? I mean you're using your second cell phone…"

"Ugh, never mind! I'll get myself a new phone," Wooyoung grumbled, hanging up. He stood up and quickly went to the bathroom to get ready. As he brushed his teeth, he suddenly remembered how IU had felt his lips and said how soft it was. He blushed and spat the foamy toothpaste.

Stupid mouth, he scolded himself.