A "Get-Together"

The Blind Eyes

"Perfect! You look adorable!" Key exclaimed, examining IU. IU blushed, as she tugged down her navy blue skirt. The skirt ended above her knees, but she still felt quite uncomfortable. She wore a short-sleeved white blouse for the top, as Key finished up the touch by letting her hair fall down like a waterfall.

"It feels quite uncomfortable…" IU mumbled.

"But you have to look like this for Wooyoung!" Key said, patting IU's head. "After all, it's a date, right?"

"I-It's not a date!" IU protested. "It's just a friendly hangout with friends…"

"Mhm. Then tell me, why am I not invited?" Key asked, as he straightened out IU's blouse.

"Wooyoung oppa doesn't recognize you as a friend, probably," IU said, sighing. "Or maybe it's because he's to shy. After all, you guys aren't that close, are you?"

"You got a point there," Key agreed. "I wish you saw how you looked…"

IU lifted her chin up and sighed. Me too, I wish I could see how I looked…


"Where's Tiffany?" Wooyoung asked loudly as he walked down the stairs. Wooyoung's mother looked up from the newspaper and turned to Wooyoung.

"Tiffany? Mm…she said that she'd be out. Did you guys have some sort of fight yesterday?" Wooyoung's mother asked, frowning. Wooyoung raised an eyebrow as he slipped on his brown leathered jacket.

"No, why?" he asked, checking if his hair was perfect in the mirror next to the front door. Wooyoung's mother stood up and walked along with Wooyoung.

"Well, before Tiffany left, she started to rub her eyes. She said that she just had something in her eyes, but I wasn't quite sure."

"I assure you that I didn't have a fight with her," Wooyoung said. "I'll even go talk to her when I come back, okay?"

Wooyoung's mother slowly nodded her head, but quickly stopped. "Wait, where are you going?"

"To meet a friend," Wooyoung replied. Wooyoung's mother widened her eyes.

"You made a friend?" his mother asked, shocked. 

"Umma, just because I don't do my homework and all doesn't mean that I don't have friends. Think!" Wooyoung groaned. His mother blinked her eyes, trying to put out what Wooyoung was saying. 

"B-But you never told me you had a friend!" Wooyoung's mother exclaimed, as Wooyoung slipped on his shoes. Wooyoung sighed and continued to ignore his mother.

"Look, I have to go. Bye!" With that, Wooyoung took off before his mother could say another word. The speechless mother stared at his son running to meet with his friend. A slow smile crept on her face, as she closed the door.

Maybe moving here was the best, after all, his mother thought.


Ding dong!

"Oh, he's here," Key informed IU, as he turned around. IU stiffened. Her heart was beating twice as fast than before, as Bummie pounced on her bare legs. The dog barked loudly, informing its master that someone was at the door. Key laughed and told Bummie to quiet down as he got the door. There Wooyoung was, wearing simple clothing. He looked shocked to see Key, possibly even jealous.

"W-What are you doing here?" Wooyoung stuttered, pointing at Key.

"Helping the dear girl get ready for her date with the jerk," Key said, leaning against the doorway. IU carefully approached Wooyoung with a leash on her hand.

"Hi Wooyoung oppa…" IU whispered quietly. Wooyoung smiled and greeted her back. 

"You know that you didn't put the leash on Bummie, right?" Wooyoung asked. IU blushed in embarrassment as Key sighed. Key bent down and helped put the leash on Bummie's collar.

"Really Wooyoung? That's the first topic you come up with? Come on, you should do better than that," Key sighed.

"It's not like you can do any better," Wooyoung grumbled.

"Actually, I would start a topic first while secretly putting the leash on Bummie," Key smirked. 

"Whatever. Ready IU?" Wooyoung asked. IU nodded her head as Wooyoung grabbed IU's hand. She blushed, as Wooyoung squeezed her hand a bit. Key bit his tongue.

"You guys almost look like a couple," Key commented.

"It's just a friendly get-together!" IU and Wooyoung said in unison. Key just yawned and pushed the two away.

"Yeah, yeah whatever. Go, have fun," Key urged. Wooyoung scowled as IU giggled. The two skipped off, waving at Key. Key waved back, even though he knew that only Wooyoung was able to see the wave. However, as soon as the two were out of site, Key's legs began to feel a bit wobbly. He struggled to walk, closing the door behind him.

I still can't help but feel that I'm supposed to be there, not Wooyoung, Key thought, as he refused to let his tears come out.