10% Chance

The Blind Eyes

"Kya!!" IU squealed. She just arrived home from taking a walk with Bummie. She squeezed Bummie, as she imagined a blurry image of what might've happened on the "date" yesterday. "I can't stop thinking about it! Bummie-ah, it's great to fall in love, hm?"

Bummie wheezed a small bark. It whimpered, as it tried to climb the couch. IU, not noticing that Bummie was trying to get up on the couch, smiled idiotically to herself. Her smile faded as she pouted her lips cutely.

"Aish…but I wished that I got to see Wooyoung oppa. I only have a simple image of how he looks like," IU sighed. Bummie barked weakly, and finally climbed on top of the couch. IU giggled and sat on the couch right next to Bummie. She reached to pat Bummie's long fur. "Bummie-ah, how was your day with that girl at the pet store?"

Bummie forced out a loud bark. IU jumped, shocked from the sudden loud bark. Bummie didn't mean to bark loudly. It didn't even know how it barked so loudly. Bummie knew better not to bark at his master that loud.

"Bummie, you okay?" IU asked softly. She was scared that the dog had turned its back against her. Bummie whimpered, and put a paw on her lap. Right when IU heard that strange, croaking whimper, she knew something was wrong. She quickly stood up, struggled to find the phone.

"Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh…" IU repeated, her voice quivering in fear.


"So let me get this straight–Bummie started acting weird after meeting the dog of his life?" Key asked. IU had called the three to meet her at the vet. Key was terribly worried about Bummie's health. Wooyoung and Tiffany didn't really care, but they were worried for Bummie. Wooyoung thought that IU was the only one who was panicking, for she was the one who was most pale. However, Tiffany knew even better that Key and IU were the ones who were deeply worried, for they spent time with Bummie longer than the four of them.

"Yes! Bummie started wheezing and coughing and he stopped moving! He's such a lively dog, but…something's just wrong!" IU said nervously. Just what happened to Bummie?

"Argh…There shouldn't be anything wrong with Bummie, though. Bummie's such a good and healthy boy," Key mumbled, rubbing his chin. "There shouldn't be anything wrong…"

"Um, hello? You let a blind girl take care of a hyper dog. Maybe it ate something wrong while IU wasn't looking?" Wooyoung suggested. IU bit her bottom lips, as Key glared at Wooyoung.

"Are you trying to blame someone for this? It's no one's fault…although IU was the one who took care of Bummie," Key murmured. IU whimpered as Tiffany defended her.

"Hey! It's your fault for letting IU take care of Bummie!" Tiffany protested. 

"Uh, lady, Bummie's trained. He's an epic dog. He won't do anything unnecessary," Key replied, smirking. Tiffany narrowed her eyes, as she took a step.

"Did you just call me a lady?" Tiffany hissed. Wooyoung stepped in between the two.

"Okay, okay, we get it. It's no one's fault, really. Except, if we're blaming Key, I have no problem with that," Wooyoung added.

"Guys! Stop arguing and blaming everyone!" IU exclaimed, gripping her skirt tightly. "We're not going to get the problem solved if we keep this foolish act up!"

There was a quiet pause, as the three stared at IU. After a few more minutes, Wooyoung sighed and walked up to IU. He turned to the rest and tried to soften his expression.

"IU's right, guys," Wooyoung agreed. "Nothing's going happen if we keep arguing. We have to know, or at least guess, what happened to Bummie and why he was acting so strange."

Suddenly, the door opened. The four kids scampered around the veterinarian, throwing questions at the doctor.

"Is Bummie okay?" IU asked.

"What happened to him?" Key questioned.

"He's fine, right?" Tiffany said with a hint of hope.

"We can go home, right?" Wooyoung asked. The veterinarian help up a hand, telling the kids to catch their breaths. When the questions died down, the veterinarian spoke up.

"Your dog has some problems with his organs. We're not quite sure what it is, but we're almost positive that it has something to do with his stomach," the veterinarian explained. He paused for a moment when the students caught their breath. "He'll need surgery if he wants to get better."

The students sighed in relief, glad that surgery could help fix the problem. The veterinarian held up a hand once more, as if he wasn't finished saying what he needed to say. With a serious look, the veterinarian glanced at each and every one of them.

"Now here's the part where I tell you the bad news," the veterinarian said. "If we do surgery, your dog has only a 10% chance of surviving the surgery."