Only Girl

What time is it? It's 2PM

Heun Hye’s POV

 

I had been busy with the other JYP groups for the past few weeks, so I hardly got a chance to see 2PM. Ever since her breakup with Taecyeon, Chan Yeong also had no news about them. Remembering Wooyoung and his hideout on the rooftop, I decided to head there after work. To my disappointment, however he wasn’t there. I heaved a sigh as I made my way to his favourite spot. Deciding to sit beside it, I patted the spot and subconsciously began to have an internal conversation with him. “Wooyoung, where are you? How have you been? Would you know, I couldn’t stop thinking about you and 2PM ever since I saw your last performance with Jay? I just really want to know about how y’all are taking his departure, and I really want to work with 2PM again soon. Your group just gives off a certain comforting and family-ish vibe and I really enjoyed working with y’all…” My thoughts were interrupted by a presence sinking down beside me. On Wooyoung’s favourite spot. A smile came to my face immediately as I realized who it was. “Wooyoung! I was just looking for you!” With a playful smile he asked, “Oh really? Haha you were just staring into space and I was kind of afraid to disturb you. But I saw my favourite spot vacant so I took a chance.”

 

Without waiting for my consent he leaned his head on my shoulder. I was a little shocked, no doubt, but after hearing his contented little sighs I didn’t resist. “Thanks a lot Heun Hye…I’m just really tired from practice! We’ve been practicing heartbeat non stop in preparation for the performance at the drama awards. It’s gonna be kinda drastic and a little dangerous, so I’m a little nervous. Jay hyung…he used to be the one who would calm my fears and everything…it’s hard without him.” “Say what?? It’s gonna be dangerous? Why do they still make you do all this then! You all better take care of yourselves! On second thought, who choreographed this? I want to go speak to that person now!” Wooyoung sat up quickly at my suggestion. “No wait Heun Hye relax! Ji Hyun choreographed this and I promise, we’ll be careful okay!” He said while laughing. I stared at him annoyed. “Why are you laughing you cheeky boy?” Wooyoung shook his head and explained. “It’s just sweet that you care so much for me, you’re the only girl who’s cared so much for me apart from my elder sister. Thank you, really, for caringan.” His cheeky tone had disappeared and was replaced by a sincere, heartfelt tone. I was stunned, and a little embarrassed as well, why did I make my feelings so obvious? I didn’t even know why I cared so much…for him especially. I tried to save my face by saying dismissively, “It’s not a big deal anyway…I care for your group, not you only okay!” He nodded agreeably and changed the subject even though I was sure he could tell that I was lying. 

 

Wooyoung’s POV

I have never talked so freely with anyone, especially not a girl. Even with my elder sister, she was always too busy to talk to me. I even showed Heun Hye a letter written by my father, a letter which helped me get through the tough period without Jay. With her gentle probing questions, I gradually found myself telling her many things, even my history with my father, how he had initially refused to allow me to become a singer, and how I wrote letters to him for 2 years before he relented, and about how he now writes me encouragement letters. She listened, didn’t ask too much and basically made the atmosphere very comfortable. She also shared many anecdotes about her personal life, which just made me feel like I could trust her even more. It made me smile to know that I had found(chanced upon rather) a good friend like her. She really was the only girl I could trust in this industry.