Just for Today

What time is it? It's 2PM

Heun Hye’s POV

 

The make-up artist scurried around busily, adding dobs of makeup on their faces. “Dongsaeng! Over here! I need more eyeliner!” Junsu called. Chan Yeong and I watched amusedly as Minyeon dashed over to Junsu and started applying eyeliner deftly. Being Taecyeon’s younger sister, Minyeon hung around 2PM a lot, making her a younger sister of the group. She brushed off some powder from his coat and smiled contendly. “You’re done oppa!” Junsu grinned and nodded in thanks as he made his way to backstage. Ji Hyun rushed up to us with her make up done. “I’m so nervous! This will be my first live performance with 2PM!” Sprouting words of encouragement for her, we waved goodbye and made our way to the seats.

 

We’ll do our very best for this performance, it’s our tribute to Jay. Junsu’s words rang in my head. I sighed as I watched them make their way to the middle of the stage, amidst many cheers. Their faces solemn, Junsu stepped up to make an announcement. “Beloved hottest fans, this will be the very last performance we have as a complete group. As a tribute to Jay, who is leaving our group, we will be singing our newest single, “Maybe she’ll come back.” We want to use this song to express our remaining hopes that Jay will one day, come back.” The music started as he went to take his place. The auditorium was silent; apparently the public had not been aware of Jay’s departure. No doubt it would be splashed on newspapers tomorrow morning.

 

Once the performance was over, Chan Yeong and I made our way backstage to congratulate the boys on a job well done. Backstage however, we found a different scene from what we were expecting. Boss Park was backstage with an airplane ticket in his hand. The members were all silent. Minyeon was standing solemnly behind Taecyeon as she watched the going-ons. No…don’t tell me…Jay was going to leave now? Tears had already sprouted from Chansung’s eyes. My suspicions were confirmed. “Is this it? You’re just going to leave us now, like that?” Junho asked, his voice full of pent-up emotion and resentment. Boss Park remained silent. Jay stepped forward, and in an emotionless voice said, “Well guys, I guess this is goodbye. I have to get going now.” He took a step forward, then another. Hands trembling, he reached for his airplane ticket. Just as he was about to take his ticket, an unexpected cry rang out. “No! Can we…please spend time all together…just for today? Just today…there are so many things we haven’t done!” Wooyoung reached out and grabbed Jay’s arm. “Please Hyung?” Tears started flowing from Jay’s eyes as all the members surrounded him in a tight group hug. Boss Park nodded immediately. “I’ll change your flight to tomorrow morning,” The group heaved a sigh as they hugged even tighter. In the end they decided to head to the amusement park “Everland”. As they left, my heart was with them, hoping…hoping that their last day together would be well spent.

 

Wooyoung’s POV

It’s our last day with Jay, I just want to spend the day with him, remembering everything about him, I will never ever forget this wonderful hyung of mine. All I want right now is for Jay to be happy wherever he is, even as we spend this last day with him…