Follow Your Soul

What time is it? It's 2PM

Minyeon's POV 

I'm very conflicted. On one hand, it had already taken me so much to try to forget Khun, but on the other hand Ji Hyun had just entrusted him to me. Deep down, I knew very clearly that despite my endeavours, I had not succeeded in really moving on from him. There was a strong temptation to go back to Khun, and to take Ji Hyun's place. I decided to go seek advice from the one person who knew my secret, Junsu.

 

Once he arrived, I told him the whole story and his expression became sombre. "What reason did Ji Hyun say she was leaving him? Has she even told him yet?" I shook my head. "From her tone I don't think she said anything to him yet, and as for her reason, well she was rather evasive. But Oppa, the question now is what should I do? You know better than anyone that I have tried so hard to forget Khun, but sad to say, I haven't succeeded. I am honestly so tempted now to go back to liking him but I don't want to make a decision that I will regret." He looked me in the eye and said gently, "Before you make a decision, you should know that even with Ji Hyun out of the picture, Khun still may not get together with you. You know that love is more complicated than that. But I'm not going to advice you to make any decision, you just need to follow your soul, Minyeon." He continued with a comforting smile. "Also, regardless of whatever decision you make, I want you to know that I'll be on your side, quietly supporting you, and if you need me, for anything at all, I'll just be a phone call away. I know you'll do the right thing, Minyeon, you always do. Fighting!" 

His encouraging words brought tears to my eyes and I hugged him tightly. "Thank you Oppa, I'll text you my decision later. I'll see you soon!" 

When I was alone, I closed my eyes, mentally weighing the pros and cons of the dilenma. Junsu's words played in my head. "Even with Ji Hyun out of the picture, Khun still may not get together with you" "Follow your soul" "I'll just be a phone call away" I opened my eyes as I remembered how sensitive Junsu was to my feelings and how much help he had been the past few weeks to me. Khun had certainly never been like that to me. I realised with increasing clarity and finality that Khun really only treated me like a sister and no matter how hard I tried, there would be no way that we could ever be happy together. I had made my decision.