My heart

What time is it? It's 2PM

Taecyeon's POV 

A long time ago, I told myself that on the 19th of December, 2013, I would propose to Chan Yeong. Today is the day. In planning the big event, I had a few helpers. All my 2PM brothers and one other person, Jin Min. While she was staying with us, I found out that she was an extremely organised person, thus the perfect planner for the job. Wooyoung also colluded with Heun Hye to help me lure Chan Yeong out. 

The date was so significant because on this very day, 3 years ago, we had met for the first time. I remember it as clearly as it was yesterday. She had just entered JYP as a songwriter and we had just won our very first MAMA award. We were walking into the company triumphantly after going out for a celebration and she was walking out as the work day ended. In my delight I didn't notice where we were going and bumped into her accidentally. Our eyes locked for the first time and I felt my heart flip suddenly. When we talked about that experience later on, she confessed that she had a similar experience as well. 

I was jerked out of the sweet memory by Junsu, who poked me jokingly and complained, "Aigoo what is this...you've been standing there holding the same balloon for fifteen minutes and not helping at all. We are left to do all your work." I smiled sheepishly and got to work. An hour later, the function room that I had booked looked beautiful. It was decorated with white, pink and red heart shaped balloons. It was also elegantly set up with fairy lights and streamers hung up around the room. The streamers had pictures of the both of us attached to it. It was even arranged in chronological order, to signify the start of our journey 3 years ago to now. "I have to hand it to you, Jin Min, the room looks perfect!" I complimented her. She blushed at the praise and handed me a dozen red roses. "You should know how to take it from here. Good luck Oppa, we'll all be rooting for you! Speaking of which, Chan Yeong unnie should be arriving here in a few minutes." 

Upon hearing that, all the 2PM members  lined up at a door. I positioned myself in the centre of the room, and bent down on one knee. Roses in one hand and the ring box in my pocket, my heart pounded in anticipation. The maiden of the day finally entered the room, blind-folded, to loud cheering and whistling. Heun Hye led her all the way to me, before grinning at me and taking off her blindfold. Once the blindfold was lifted, Chan Yeong took a while to adjust to the sudden brightness and finally noticed me in front of her. Before she could utter a single word, I held out the roses and dove right in. 

"Red roses were used in early marriage ceremonies, to signify the bond of fertility and love. Giving a dozen red roses to your lover is an extreme, grand gesture of love. Red roses represent deep feelings, and that is how I feel for you. I love you, Yoon Chan Yeong." As she listened to the touching speech, her eyes glistened and she accepted the roses. "Thank you, Taecyeon, the roses are so beautiful. But even more wonderful than that is the amount of thought you put into this event. Thank you for remembering our third year anniversary. Now get up!" She tried to pull me up but I shook my head. I fished out the ring box from my pocket and opened it. "Yoon Chan Yeong, I have never loved anyone as much as I loved you. I promise to love you in good times and bad, with all I have to give and all I feel inside in the only way I know how, completely and forever. I also promise, that my heart will be yours completely. When you're happy, I'll be happy, when you're sad, I'll be sad with you. Will you marry me?" 

Chan Yeong's POV 

My heart literally stopped when I saw the ring box and it melted when I heard the beautiful words. I couldn't control it happy tears spilled out of my eyes. I knew in my heart that I would be perfectly happy with this man and so, without doubt, I slowly put out my hand. He tenderly put the ring on my 4th finger and in a state of euphoria, we just stared at each other for a few moments, both of us not daring to believe what just happened. I took the first step, and knelt down beside him. Pulling him into a hug, I playfully whispered into his ear. "We're getting married!"

Jin Min's POV 

I was so happy to see that the event was successful and that Chan Yeong had accepted the proposal. When the excitement was over though, I realised that Junho wasn't anywhere around the room. Curious, I asked a few of the other members where he was but no one knew. Suddenly, the lights dimmed and Junho appeared in the middle of the room. He had one hand behind his back. I was pushed forward to him and embarassed, I asked him, "What's going on??" His eyes twinkled as he revealed a bunch of pink and red roses. "Just as red roses represent deep feelings and a grand gesture of love, pink and red roses represent the start of a relationship. I know this is very sudden and you may have wanted us to just remain as friends, but will you please give me a chance, a chance to love you, a chance...to be your boyfriend?" 

 

Haha sorry to end without an answer from Jin Min but yep continue reading to find out more ;) Hope you liked this chapter haha I did quite a lot of research for this. 

Here are the sources: 

For the rose information: http://www.squidoo.com/MyLoveIsLikeARedRedRose 

For a few lines used by Taec in the proposal: http://www.myweddingvows.com/wedding-poems/i-promise