Stay with Me

What time is it? It's 2PM

Nichkhun's POV 

I was called into Boss Park's office today, and the first thing that greeted me was a thick envelope. Questioningly I opened it, and to my surprise, at the top of the page were 3 bold characters, Kwon Ji Hyun. My heart pounded. Why would Boss Park be showing this to me unless he knew about our relationship. I opened my mouth to explain but he shook his head and gestured for me to read on. It was a contract, signing on to become a solo artiste in JYP entertainment. In fact, it was a signed contract. My heart sang with joy when I read the contract, I always knew that Ji Hyun was capable of more than just being a back up dancer. Glancing at the date I realised that she had signed this yesterday. I laughed out loud, "Aish this girl, she didn't even tell me about this happy news! Thank you for accepting her Boss Park!" He smiled, a little stonely, before pointing to a page in this 20 page contract. I flipped to it, where I read the header "Dating Clause" My eyes widened as I read on. JYP artistes were not allowed to date each other. The happiness that I had felt just mere seconds ago vanished completely. My blood ran cold. "She signed the contract you know, even though she knew fully well about this clause." I pleaded desperately, "I'm sure it was a misunderstanding, she couldn't have..." He shook his head. "I'm sorry Khun. This was the only way I could ensure that she would break up with you. Well, it was either this or get fired and blacklisted among all the entertainment companies. Now that would have ruined her future. The way I see it, this is the best of both worlds. She gets to live her dreams and you get to keep yours. You just joined WGM, and plenty of fans out there ship you with Victoria. It would have been disatrous if you had been seen outside with Ji Hyun, don't you think? Thankfully Ji Hyun was smart enough to understand that." 

My heart broke as I imagined how Ji Hyun must have felt, conflicted between threats, love and her future, and it broke even more at the fact that she suffered silently and didn't even tell me about it. I stumbled out of Boss Park's office in a daze, just as I received a text from her, asking to meet me for lunch at a Samgyeopsal restaurant. 

 

Ji Hyun's POV 

I arranged to eat lunch with Khun at a Samgyeopsal restaurant, because it was what we both enjoyed to eat and we had also spent a few memorable dates there. I told myself firmly as I headed there that it was going to be our last date, and that I would not cry. I had to show Khun that I would be happy, even without him in my life, even if I had to act. When he arrived however, a pang of sadness returned to me and I blinked back my tears. I cheerily greeted him with a hug, and though he was a little surprised at first, he let me hold on to him, too long and too hard. I took a deep breath and sat back down.

"Okay, so I asked you out because I needed to tell you something. Boss Park signed me on to JYP entertainment! Isn't that great?" I said all this with false cheerfullness and as if he could detect it, he stared at me with an unreadable expression on his face. "Khun? Why aren't you saying anything? Aren't you happy for me?" He finally spoke, with a choked up voice. "Have you ever loved me, Ji Hyun? How can you accept this contract, knowing that you will have to break up with me, and then still smile at me? When I found out about this, it broke my heart so much to know that you had to endure all this by yourself. I love you Ji Hyun, and I don't ever want to see you hurting secretly, even if it means that I'll be hurt too." He stopped holding back his tears at this point, as did I. He hugged me again, tightly."Please, stay with me Ji Hyun, I really can't live without you."  

I shook my head vehemently while sobbing in his arms. "You don't understand Khun, what can we do against Boss Park? What will happen to your careeer? Maybe all our relationship was just a brief dream, maybe we should just face the facts and maybe we should just break up." My heart hurt when I said that but it had its effect. "Furthermore, I want to pursue my dream as well, Khun, and...and I won't want to give this contract up for love." I untangled myself from his embrace and wiped my tears away. Clenching my fist, I uttered, "This is the end, Khun, I'm back in reality. See you at work and...Goodbye."

As I walked away I bit my lip so hard that it bled and I forced my tears in until I reached the bus stop. Sad shuddering sighs escaped my mouth as I tried to take in what had just happened. "I'm sorry Khun, so so sorry."