Suddenly

What time is it? It's 2PM

Ji Hyun’s POV

I was late for work today. As a punishment, Ryu Byung didn’t let me go out for lunch. Instead, I had to spend my lunch break cleaning the dance studio floor. As I wiped I hummed a tune from Nichkhun’s solo song, Let it rain. All of a sudden, I heard a beautiful male tenor singing. I looked up and Nichkhun’s cheerful face looked down at me. I gave a little shriek when I saw him and in my embarrassment, I tried to stand up quickly from the floor that I was crouching on. It didn’t work. Instead of appearing cool and calm as I stood up, I slipped on the newly wiped floors. A gasp escaped my mouth as I felt a pair of strong, muscular hands catch me. Nichkhun smiled at me as he helped me up. I could feel heat flushing up my face as I awkwardly ducked my head in thanks. Were Nichkhun’s hands really just on my waist? His arms, soft yet muscular…if anything, this stunt certainly made me fall even harder in love with him. He smiled easily as he gestured to a bench. “You should sit down, you seem a bit wobbly after your close shave just now. Also, aren’t you supposed to be out on your lunch break?” I shook my head as I sat down. I was telling him about my punishment when his eyes began to gleam with an idea. At the end of my story, he whipped out a lunch box from behind him. “Ta-da! I wanted to practice in the dance studio during lunch today, so I brought a lunch box! Perfect! Now you won’t have to go hungry.”

 

To my astonishment he had packed 2 spoons in his lunch box. Seeing me stare at the spoons he laughed as he explained that whenever he brought lunch Junho would want some, therefore the extra spoon. “But you can have it now! Come, have a bite!” He scooped a spoonful of rice and egg for me; I accepted it with a bright smile on my face. “Good deeds really beget good deeds eh?” He nodded happily as we ate and chatted. The sunlight drafting in from the half open window, which instantly made the studio warmer, was just like his sunny smile, which made me suddenly feel all warm and cosy inside. I couldn’t help hoping that he felt the same way when he spent time with me, that he felt loved as well.

 

Minyeon’s POV

 

No concerts or live performances in JYP mean a free day for me. I hummed happily as I made my way to the 2PM dorm. It was rather late in the afternoon and I was feeling extremely sleepy. I had taken the liberty of looking up their schedule so as to confirm when Khun would be at home. I opened the door slowly with the key that my brother had given me. “Anyone at home?” Silence. I cautiously stepped in the untidy living room and headed down the hallway to Khun’s room, the room he shared with Chansung. “Khun oppa? Are you there? It’s Minyeon!” The door opened instantly. “Minyeon! I didn’t know that you would be here today!” My heart flipped when I heard his voice and my tiredness completely disappeared when I saw his face. With a lilt I bounced into his room and comfortably plopped down on his bed. Chuckling, he commented, “I’ve never seen a girl as comfortable around elder guys, especially Korean idols, like you. So, what have you got planned for today?”

 

“I’ll just be hanging around here today! Oppa? What are you thinking about?” Nichkhun was staring into space while I was talking. At my question Nichkhun blushed adorably. “It’s nothing…really…I was just…” Playfully I probed harder, until he finally relented. “I…I’ve just been thinking about this new friend I made…a lot… I just feel as if I’ll grow to care for her in time to come, these feelings came upon me suddenly, I don’t know what I’m feeling…” I nervously asked, “What’s…what’s her name, Oppa?” “Her name is Ji Hyun…”