Again and Again

What time is it? It's 2PM

Chan Yeong’s POV

 

Life didn’t change much after Jay left, not for me at least. Taecyeon definitely became a lot busier, as the oldest in the group he was left to pick up the pieces. My phone vibrated. Sigh…it was Taecyeon’s text, cancelling another of our dates. It’s been a week since I last saw him on his own, and even then halfway through he had to go back to the dorm because of admin matters. I understood that life for him as a kpop idol was tough, especially with all that had happened, and I do love those boys, but more importantly, I love him! The time I spend with him alone and uninterrupted mean a lot to me, and I had previously, well still do hope that he treasures those moments with me too. Just that…well…he’s not been showing it much. I sighed as I plonked my head on the desk in front of me. “Unnie! What’s wrong? You’ve been rather annoyed lately. Wanna talk about it?” A cheerful voice sounded from behind me. It was Heun Hye. I nodded glumly. “I just feel that Taec has been neglecting me a lot recently. Yes he’s busy being the big brother, but aren’t I important to him as well? We haven’t talked properly for a week, let alone go on dates.” Heun Hye rubbed my shoulder sympathetically. “I think the most important thing to do now is to talk to him about this, face to face.”

 

2 hours later, on my lunch break, I sat nervously on a sofa in the JYP café. Taecyeon ran towards me and smiled once he saw his favourite Espresso Doppio on the table. “What’s up?” He leaned to give me a peck on my cheek but I brushed his hand away. “Chan Yeong! What’s wrong?” After he finally sat down, I stared at him. “I feel neglected, Taecyeon, neglected by you.” Taecyeon’s face creased into a relaxed smile. “Aww, is our Chan Yeong jealous of 2PM? What to do? My girl must be coaxed again eh?” He playfully flicked my cheek as he spoke.

 

“Stop it Taecyeon! I’m serious this time. You’ve been spending so much time with your group these days!” Taecyeon’s mouth started to form a reply but I cut him off. “I need your love too you know? What’s the use of a boyfriend if he doesn’t even spend time with me? I sacrificed so much to be with you, I had to leave home because my parents didn’t approve of me dating a kpop idol, I have to be careful about fan-hate whenever I go out, we can’t even publicize our relationship! I’ve been enduring all this because I love and cherish the time I spend with you, but now since I don’t even have this., let’s…let’s break up.” With that sentence, my heart ached and shattered into pieces, but I had to be firm about this.

 

Taecyeon’s jaw dropped, but he tried to ease the situation. “You aren’t serious, Chan Yeong, right? You’re just angry, ri…right?” I stood up, wanting to make my position clear. “This isn’t the first time this sort of thing happened, you keep doing this again and again, I can’t take it anymore. I’m sorry, I gotta go.” Once I reached the café door, i finally let my tears flow. I just couldn’t contain them anymore, the tears of agony and heartbreak streamed down my cheeks, my world without him instantly became grayer…

 

Taecyeon’s POV

I sat motionless in the café. I couldn’t believe what had just happened. Yes, these few weeks I may have neglected Chan Yeong but it has never happened before, it’s just Jay….oh no, there was that one time I missed her birthday because I went out with the guys…and that time she got attacked by fans while waiting for me… claws of regret gripped my heart tightly as I realized that I had, with my own hands, destroyed our relationship, the relationship that I had treasured so much.