Dream High

What time is it? It's 2PM

Heun Hye's POV 

I got a new project today, to write a official soundtrack for a new school drama, titled Dream High. It would feature many JYP members such as Boss Park himself, Miss A's Suzy, Taecyeon and...Wooyoung. Amidst all the bad luck he'd been having with his album, a of good fortune came upon him when he was offered his debut acting role. While preparing for his role as Jason in the drama, he gradually got over his disappointment over the album and became more and more animated, just like his old self. I was very happy for him, and even more pleasantly surprised when I was asked to write a duet for the show. Coincidentally, the duet was for Wooyoung's character, and his love interest in the show. 

I had 2 months to write the song, to be submitted before that particular duet was recorded and filmed. In the free time he had while waiting for filming, Wooyoung texted me ideas on how to write the song. I was extremely grateful for the help but I still had trouble getting inspiration. I wanted my lyrics to be heartfelt and suitable for the various situations in the drama. To help me, Wooyoung brought me out one morning. I had no idea where we were going, until the car stopped right outside a building which looked like a school. In shock I asked, "Wooyoung ah where is this? Don't tell me, it's Kirin Arts School?? (the school in the drama) What am I doing here?" He grinned cheekily. "You need inspiration didn't you? What better inspiration than to see the story being played out live before your eyes?" 

I spent the whole day at the filming site, observing the acting and along the way, penning down several lines. I felt excited for two reasons, the first being I couldn't wait to get home and finish writing the song, I knew I was on the right path, and the second being I couldn't wait to finally see Wooyoung act. He had told me earlier that he would be filming his scene only in the later half of the day so I forced myself to stay till he appeared. Finally, the PD told me that Wooyoung was filming at the lockers and I headed over there. I was intriguied when I came face to face with IU, Jason's love interest in the drama, for the first time. She was prettier in life, and I myself was a big fan of her. Realising that these two people would be the main singers of my song, I paid careful attention to their storyline and their chemistry with each other. As I watched, my heart tightened suddenly and it filled with a feeling that I had never experienced before and therefore couldn't describe. On one hand, there was pride, pride of Wooyoung's adorable acting, on the other hand, there was something deeper, darker that I felt. I left the filming site feeling very confused but I decided to focus my attention on writing the song instead. 

When the song was done and approved, I set a date with IU and Wooyoung to record it. Sitting outside directing them turned out to be a strange experience. Whenever we had breaks or I had to stop to edit something, I saw them joking around, chatting and laughing. My heart was filled with that strange feeling again, and it accumulated over the whole recording session. I knew that it was common that two people acting opposite each other would tend to grow close over time, and I had thought that my heart would comprehend that, but surprisingly, it didn't.