Don't Go

What time is it? It's 2PM

Hehe happy new year everyone! :) Thanks for reading+subscribing and hope that you'll enjoy the rest of this fanfic! Many thanks to Claire for helping to write this chapter hehe she did a great job <3 Have a great year ahead! ^^ 

Junsu's POV 

Once I received Min Yeon's SMS that she had decided to move to Paris for a while, I headed towards the registry office. My feelings for Min Yeon had developed unknowingly over the past few years, but with the maturity that comes with someone who has hit the old age of 25, I recognised the symptoms and became very clear on how I felt about her. Even though at this point it was an unrequited love, I knew that I was able to risk and even give up my life for her. I had thought of a way to pledge my love for her, and it was a momentous decision I made. I texted her directions and arranged to meet her outside the Registry office in the afternoon.  

She arrived, clad in a simple T-shirt and jeans, but she still looked gorgeous. My heart was thumping, but I knew this was the right decision. "Junsu oppa! What's up? Why are we meeting outside the Registry office?" Minyeon asked, curiously. With a sudden burst of confidence, I took a deep breath and I began, "Minyeon... From now on, don't call me Junsu anymore. I'm Minjun now, I've just changed my name. Because... I love you. It's been a while now, and I wasn't clear about it at first, but now I know. Everytime I'm with you, it just feels different; everytime you smile, I feel so happy too; everytime you are sad, regardless if it was about Khun in the past or stress from life and work, I'm so worried I can't stop thinking about you. I am willing to do anything for you, as long as you're safe and happy. So I've changed my name to Minjun, a combination of Minyeon and Junsu, to show you how much you mean to me. Will you please accept my heart?" I bit my lip, anxiety washing over me as I awaited her response, but I was relieved, finally opening up and being honest to the girl I loved so much. But yet... there was something about her expression that wasn't quite right. 

Minyeon's POV

I was shocked. When he had texted me earlier about meeting me outside the registry office, it never occured to me this was his intention. He had changed his name... his name, for me. His name. His official name. Just for me. The same words just kept repeating over and over again in my mind. I didn't know how to react at all. I was speechless for several moments. Junsu oppa was staring at me nervously, anticipating my response. He must have detected something was wrong. "Junsu oppa, I mean... Min... Minjun oppa..." My voice quivered when I uttered his new name. "I... I cannot accept you. I'm sorry....." His gesture was touching, and after how much he had helped me when I was so upset and depressed over Khun, I knew how important he was to me. But I had never thought of him as anything more than a great friend. "Oppa...I only think of you as an oppa, but not as a man. I'm sorry, Oppa, but please forget me. I'll take it as you never mentioned this." 

My mind was still in a whir and so were my emotions, but I turned my back to leave. Seeing his crestfallen face, I couldn't help but feel slightly guilty, but I knew I would never be able to accept him. The pedestrian crossing light turned green, and quickly, I walked across the road. "Minyeon! Don't... don't go..." I heard Junsu oppa's faltering voice behind me. Just keep walking straight...I told myself. 

 

Junsu's POV

Watching Minyeon's receding figure, my vision blurred as my foolishly hopeful heart shattered into many pieces. Tears slowly ran down my cheeks as I tried to come to terms with Minyeon's rejection. But suddenly, my vision cleared, as I saw a car racing towards the pedestrian crossing. The driver seemed to be on the phone and.. Oh no. Minyeon. Minyeon. Minyeon. Run!! Nothing else was on my mind, except Minyeon, who was in imminent danger. "Minyeon! Behind you!" I shouted, while running as fast as I could towards her. I shoved her aside towards the side of the road just in time and barely had time to react when I heard the cold, cruel sound of metal against my body. I was flung into the air, and when I landed, all I could feel was an excruciating pain. I felt myself slowly submerging into a well of darkness, but when Minyeon started shaking me, I used every ounce of my strength and struggled to open my eyes. 

Minyeon's POV

"Junsu oppa! Junsu oppa! Please...please I'm begging you, wake up! Can someone call an ambulance??" I begged the passerbys as I held him in my arms. His cheeks were stained red, and he was bleeding profusely from his abdomen.  "Don't.... I'm so sorry Junsu oppa. Please wake up, please, I'm begging you..." His eyes flickered open and he started breathing. He opened his mouth to speak but I stopped him. "Oppa, oppa you need to rest now. You can tell me this later okay?" He shook his head weakly, and a small smile spread over his face. At the sight of the smile tears flowed out from my eyes. Even at this time he was trying to comfort me. The words came out between painful breaths and it was obvious that it hurt him a lot to say each word. "Min...yeon...thank...good..ness you...are...safe...I...lo-" Before he could finish the sentence however, his eyes closed and this time, no matter how much I shaked, he didn't wake up. The ambulance finally arrived and I clutched his hand tightly throughout the journey. 

Daggers pierced my heart as I shakingly held his hand. His blood was still all over my jeans, which constantly reminded me that he had risked his life, just to save meI squeezed his hand tight, and said in between sobs, "Don't go Junsu. Don't go... I want to hear you finish the sentence you hear me? You can't just go like this, 2PM needs you, your family needs you, your friends need you... and I need you. You're strong right? You'll survive this I know you will. Don't go, please, you can't just leave like this. Junsu, I'm so so sorry..."