The First Date

What time is it? It's 2PM

Ji Hyun’s POV

 

I still can’t get over the news about Jay. Just imagine the agony the guys must be feeling now…Nichkhun! I wonder how he’s taking it... “Ji Hyun! Go and collect the costumes from the dance studio! I left them there earlier…” My senior Ryu Byung called out. I nodded in reply and headed to the dance studio. Surprisingly, the lights were on. No music was blaring though. As I couldn’t see anything through the frosted glass windows, I popped my head around the door. OMG! It was Khun! In my excitement, I dropped my phone accidentally. “Clank!” It made a loud sound on the parquet floors of the dance studio. The music stopped as I bent down to pick it up. Before I could reach it however, a gust of wind swept by and a hand scooped the phone up. He squatted down and held it out to me. I looked up sheepishly, and my face grew even redder when I realized that it was Khun’s hand. “Um..um thanks! I’m sorry for interrupting your dance practice, I’ll leave now!” I stuttered as I attempted to leave. He said in a playful voice. “What’s the hurry Ji Hyun?” I turned, shocked that he knew my name. “Also, I assume that you came here to collect something? Why don’t you take it before leaving?” He said with a laugh. I mentally face-palmed as I scooted across the dance studio to the costumes rack, grabbing a handful of black dresses I turned to face Khun, once again, I might add. “Thank you! I shall take my leave now. Goodbye!” I bowed and exited the room, my heart thumping as if I had just run a thousand miles. Nichkhun, my ultimate 2PM bias and my longtime crush, spoke to me!! TO ME!!!

 

The encounter put me in a good mood for a while, I hummed while doing my duties and even while going through the grueling dance training! Finally, work was over and I left the building. I checked my phone for updates as I walked to the bus stop…until I bumped into someone. I looked up and to my horror(and excitement actually), it was Nichkhun! I retreated a few steps in shock, before hurriedly combing the area for suspicious people and fans. There was no one. I whispered urgently, “What are you doing out here? If Boss Park finds out…” With a mysterious smile, he waved for me to come closer. He cupped his palm around my ear as he whispered back, “That’s why you can’t tell him, or anyone in fact.” I gasped loudly as he continued, “The only people who know about this escapade are Junho and Wooyoung. The rest think that I’m working on a solo song. I just really needed to come out for some fresh air and to relax. Know any good places?” I stared up at him, a good idea forming in my mind.

 

A few minutes later, we were walking leisurely in a nearby park. It was a park near my home actually, where the numerous trees shaded the area and made it cool, even in the hot summer day. As it was dinnertime, the park was relatively empty, which made it ideal for Nichkhun. We made conversation while walking and my heart rate gradually slowed until it became of a normal pace. I realized that I had started to think of Khun not just of a crush or bias, but of a friend. It was a comforting thought, really. His stomach growled suddenly, and I couldn’t help it but I laughed out loud. He started laughing along with me, before saying, “But I’m serious. I’m hungry! It’s dinnertime and we can’t eat?” Chuckling, I pointed the way to a bench and we sat down before I took out a lunchbox. “I packed my dinner today because I wanted to eat in the park!” A wide smile appeared on his face. It got even wider as I opened the box, revealing 2 pig-shaped rice balls. Ham and lettuce decorated the rice, along with oreos packed in a separate plastic bag. “It’s so cute!! Are you sure we can eat this?” I loved the way he used the pronoun “we”. “Yep! You can have the rice haha I’ll just eat the oreos.” He shook his head violently at my suggestion. “You have one and I’ll take one! We can share the oreos too!” he insisted. Laughing, I gave in, and we spent a happy half-an hour basking in the fading sunlight and feeding each other oreos. Everything was delicious.