Don't stop can't stop

What time is it? It's 2PM

Heun Hye’s POV

 

The buzzing of my phone woke me up. Rubbing my still sleepy eyes, I sat up from where I had lay down the night before, on my desk. The music compositions I had been sleeping on were still warm. I checked my phone, 2 text messages from Wooyoung. Checking the clock on the wall, it was already 9am, meaning that it wasn’t a good time to call him. I replied him simply with, “Meet you at the rooftop later.” Chanyeong walked past my desk on her way out the door and laughed at my sleep-tousled hair. “Hurry get freshened up, we have an important meeting with 2PM’s manager in half an hour.”

 

Exactly half an hour later, we strolled into Minjae‘s office. Seated next to him was Junsu and Taecyeon, their faces solemn and serious. “Chanyeong, Heun Hye, thank you for coming. We need to talk to you about some…future activities that we are planning for 2PM. Boss Park has suggested that…two 2PM members debut as solo singers while the remaining 4 form a smaller group. What is your opinion on this?” There was a stunned silence as we digested this information. My mind was reeling. This must have been what Wooyoung wanted to tell me. “Wait…who are the soloists?”

 

“Junho and Wooyoung.”

 

Wooyoung’s POV

Waiting for Minjae hyung to come back with the decision was torturous. When Junsu and Taecyeon hyung left they promised to text us with updates, but no text had arrived yet. Khun Hyung tried to ease the tension in the room by making small chat, but it wasn’t working. Junho in particular was very quiet. I glanced up at him for a split second and our eyes met. He slowly lowered his gaze, causing my stomach to knot up. “Junho, can we talk?” I stood up first, heading towards the balcony. He reluctantly followed me out. “You’re seriously considering it, aren’t you?”

 

He avoided my gaze as he nodded slightly. “Junho! How can you want 2PM to separate? We’ve gone through so much together already, think of how heartbroken our fans would be if we really left the group. Yes, the idea of a solo act would be new, interesting, attractive, but I can’t, I can’t ever forget this group, our hyungs, Chansung goon, even you!” Before he could answer though, the door opened and Khun hyung stuck his head around the door. “Junsu and Taec are back.”

 

Hearts pounding rapidly, we made our way to the living room where Chan Yeong, Heun Hye and Minjae Hyung were sitting. The other members were also gathered there. Minjae directly started, “As you all know, this split was Boss Park’s idea. He decided that a group of 4 people would be more successful and that Wooyoung and Junho are good enough on their own to become soloists. The group will be renamed as 16 00. However, he has agreed that there would be no point forcing anything, therefore the decision lies with you all.”  

 

Without hesitation, I stood up. “Here’s my decision. As much as I want to have the chance to make my own music, to become a solo artist, I can’t, simply because of you all. This past 2 years since we debuted have been more than anything I could ever dream of, we achieved so much more together than what I could ever achieve on my own. I’m not willing to give up this group just to pursue my own dreams.”

Nichkhun stood up beside me and agreed. “Even if 2PM becomes more popular with just the 4 of us, I don’t want any part in that. There’s no point in the added popularity if we sacrifice 2 members for it. We’re a family.” Taecyeon and Junsu stood up nodding their heads. Chansung leapt up and put his hand out. “Don’t stop can’t stop 2PM …” The hearty cheer was interrupted by the sudden realization that Junho’s hand was not among them. Everyone turned to look at him, shock and disbelief written on their faces. I closed my eyes, already guessing but still not wanting to hear Junho’s decision. “Junho?” Junsu asked nervously.

 

The question seemingly jolted Junho out of a daydream. He glanced up, nervously at first, but after a tense silence, he glanced up again, this time decisively. He finally stood up and with a confident smile, placed his hand on top of our pile. “I’ve made my decision. Don’t stop can’t stop 2PM let’s GO!”

 

Heun Hye’s POV

With a small smile and my heart full, I scratched out the ideas that we had drafted out for the possible new group 16 00. My eyes met Wooyoung’s, his face was shining and his love for the group radiated out through him. Thank you so much for not disbanding, 2PM