Werewolves and Coffee

Water

“My throat's itching for coffee,” Kris said out of the blue.

 

“You drink coffee? Don't you have side effects, from the caffeine?” She asked.

 

“There's a thing call decaf you know,” Kris said in a matter-of-fact. She rolled her eyes at his cockiness. Of course she does. She just wanted to ask and talked to him. Jerk.

 

“Let's go to my friend's cafe,” he told her and she widened her eyes.

 

“He has friends?” She whispered to herself but unfortunately, too loud of a whisper.

 

“Of course I do.”

 

“Oh,” She simply said, feeling a tad bit guilty for being quite rude. She looked back at him, searching for a contact in his smartphone.

 

“Ooh, silver body,” She thought. What? He has a phone? A smartphone? Since when?

 

“Since when did you have a phone?” I asked.

 

“Since I was in high school,” he answered. Oh he went to school too? But her mind went back to his phone. It was the latest model of a smartphone which she thought was really big and inconvenient. How does it fit in your pants?

 

“I've never seen it before,”She told him.

 

“I rarely use it. It's pretty boring,” he stated blankly before finally making a call. As far as she could remember, everyone that she knew who has a smartphone practically live by it. Their eyes were always on the screen; while crossing the road, while waiting for their turn at a counter, during break time even during working hours.

 

“How come?” She asked after he was done with the call. He simply shrugged. She sighed at his utter ignorance.

 

“Rhea,” he suddenly called out and Rhea turned her head.

 

“Got it!”

 

“Got what? Did you just take a photo of me? Without my permission? Kris!” She raised her voice. She could see it from his face that he was trying hard to suppress his laughter. Then, he showed her the photo. I looked like a lost alpaca.

 

“What the ? Delete it!” She tried to snatch the phone from him but he held it up. And with his towering height, it was impossible unless she had a ladder.

 

“Fine! Keep the photo. Even better put it as your wallpaper so you can laugh your head off,” She shouted to his face.

 

“I'll do that,” he smirked.

 

“I mean it Kris. Laugh. Your. Head. Off,” She emphasized every word because he was getting on her nerves.

 

“Oh come on. You don't look that bad. I mean, I can always edit it. Or add-” he kept talking but Rhea ignored him. She didn't want to punch his beautiful face if he said something dumb about her again. They kept walking and he kept talking.

 

“He's a werewolf too,” his volume dropped. She stopped walking and stood there, dumbfounded. Werewolves are among us all this time?

 

“Wolves catch your attention, huh?” he raised an eyebrow and she swallowed the lump of embarrassment in .

 

“We're here,” he said and she looked at the cafe. It was the cafe where she used to work as a part-timer. She quickly entered the cafe, leaving Kris behind who was walking so slow as if he was taking his time on a fashion runway. Of course, she had expected a different feeling in the cafe, eerie maybe wolf-ish? But no. Everything was the same, even Chanyeol was still there, sitting behind the counter.

 

“Hey Channie,” She beamed.

 

“Hey, you're here!” he walked out behind the counter and hugged her.

 

“You smell like a dude,” he whispered in her ears when they hugged. Kris! That dimwit's cologne got on her. She released the hug and showed him a smile of dry amusement.

 

“Channie,” She liked the feel of saying it.

 

“You don't have to keep saying my name, Rhea. I know I'm irresistible but please...it's uncomfortable. No photos please. I have copyrights of my face,” he recited like a hot shot in the tabloids. IShelaughed. He's still the old Chanyeol, the famous cashier whom every girl customer wanted to take a photo with and flirt at, which got to his head a bit.

 

“Ayo waddup Krissss,” he dragged his name. Kris held up his right hand and gave a small smile as he walked towards us.

 

“You know each other?” Kris asked them. They nodded. Kris then talked about his shopping experience to Chanyeol and she caught herself staring at Chanyeol. All this while, he's a werewolf too?

 

“You're a werewolf?” She asked but more of stating it, since she knew.

 

“How...?” Chanyeol was speechless then he turned to Kris. They must be communicating telepathically because she saw Chanyeol nodded a few times, wide-eyed along the way.

 

“Yes, I am,” Chanyeol replied later. She was in disbelief, though. Chanyeol has been her good friend since first year of high school and he never mentioned anything to her. But why would he?

 

“Caramel frappeno and walnut waffle, please,” She ordered what she wanted in mind and quickly took a seat next to the glass wall. Kris and Chanyeol must be bewildered with her behaviour. Kris had sat in front of her after he made his order.

 

“Anything wrong?” he asked. He's worrying about her. That's good to know.

 

“Oh, nothing. Just...hungry,” She lied. A lot of things were wrong. Her good friend is a werewolf, he never told me, I lived a life of lies, I had fell for a werewolf. And she was not making Kris the main here. It's Chanyeol. She had a crush on Chanyeol during the last year of high school after she was paired with him during a camp. His charms caught her heart but it was not long. She was love bound for only a short time. But that past was what making her mind going haywaired.

 

“Is it Chanyeol?” Kris had this piercing gaze on her.

 

“No.”

 

“You're a bad liar.”

 

“And you're a bad everything,” She retorted. He was taken aback with what she had said. Maybe she was too spiteful.

 

“I'm sorry,”She apologised but he doesn't seemed to accept it.

 

“I'm sorry,” She repeated. Thankfully, he seemed like he has softened and a slight smile grazed his lip.

 

 

[ A / N ] Hello? Anyone here? Do i have readers here? Then why is it so quiet? *LE SOBS* I hope my story's okay, though :D give me comments if there's anything you want to say