Water

“Kris! Ope-“Before she could finish her sentence, the door was swung open and there he was, Kris, with the same expression as when she left.

 

“I almost died again. I guess you were right.” She went in without his invitation. Her safety was more important than his anger even though he was a complete stranger.

 

“I always am.”  She shot him a dirty look, but Kris didn’t mind her at all – still wearing his cocky expressions.

 

“You could have stopped me, Kris. You could.”

 

“Well, you seemed like you’d rather die than stay.” His expression was more to sad than angry now. He breathed in deeply before continuing.

 

“I say what I needed to say. It was your choice. If you did listen, you wouldn’t be attacked by that wolf.”

 

“I know. I’m sor- Wait. How do you know about that?”

 

“What happened to your shirt? You were trying to seduce a wolf to not eat you?” His mockery was lame. Too lame for a very good looking man. Very lame.

 

“How do you know about the wolf???” She asked. He wasn’t there at the scene and never had she told him about the wolf.

 

“There are just wolves around, okay? You should go take shower. You smell like the garden.” He scrunched his nose.

 

“Flower?” Rhea lightened up.

 

“Soil.”

 

“Pfft. Jerk.” She spat in annoyance before walking to the washroom.

▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼

 

“Umm… clothes?” She approached him in his bathrobe. It was too big to function she would say, for her. But whatever the reason was, she had to cover herself, nonetheless.

 

“Go . I don’t mind.” He nonchalantly replied. Her cheeks burned and she felt as if her whole face could combust at that moment.

                                

“Excuse me, Mr. I-don’t-mind-going-. I mind. So please, let me borrow any of your shirts.” She was surprised that she didn’t stutter. He got up from his seat and walked towards her. Then, he leaned in to whisper something in her ear.

 

“It’s good that you said please. But really, I didn’t mind if you go .” His husky and deep voice…Rhea died right there and then. If she could stop and playback the time, she would record it and make it as her ringtone or alarm. He walked to his room and came back with pieces of clothing in his hand. He handed them to her.

 

“Here. Help yourself.” She took it and went to change. Deep-dip tank, sheer t-shirt, sleeveless jersey and a pair of boxers? Out of all the decent clothes that he might have, he gave her those? What does she looked like to him? An amateur star?

 

She sighed, knowing that there were nothing much to do besides using those clothes. She put on her undergarments, his tank, then the jersey and the boxers.

 

“Better than wearing just undies.” She sighed more. Moments later, as she moved more in his clothes, she realized that they were scented. The smell of oak wood and mint lingered as she sniffed his jersey.  She walked out of the room and found Kris had fallen asleep on the couch with a piano piece being amplified from the player.

 

“I know this piece.” It was Reflection by Song Kwangsik. Automatically, she imagined slender fingers, nimble, pressing the stark ivory of the piano keys. She hummed along the melodious tune.

▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼

 

“Ahh ~ stupid bruise.”  She whimpered as she massaged the bruise on her knees. She knew how childish she was but whoever feels no pain when their bruises are massaged. Of course, she made unnecessary and she herself have to say, inappropriate noises the whole time. She had to let out the pain, somehow. She was in the kitchen so Kris wouldn’t probably hear it. She thought so.

 

“I thought you were watching .” She screamed in surprise when she heard Kris. He was leaning against the wall, shaking his head.

 

“What do you want?” She gave him a frown, creating little wrinkles on her forehead. He put his hands up to his chest.

 

“Nothing. I was just wondering how my house became ally noisy.” He chuckled for the first time in her presence.

 

“What a chump.” She muttered but surprisingly he heard it.

 

“Hey, you’re the chump.” He walked over, took the ointment and helped to massage her knee – she let him be.

 

“You look good in my clothes, by the way.” He commented. Rhea just nodded, holding her breath as Kris’ hand did some spell on her skin. He had more force in his massage. Painful yet relieving? She couldn’t think the right word. But he’s good. His hands were magical.

 

“Ahhh~” She unconsciously moaned and quickly covered . She saw Kris grinning, and yeah she felt like a chump then. After a while, he was done.

 

Maybe it was just her but he looked restless. He blinked too many times, cleared his throat loudly, and breathed very deeply.

 

“Are you okay? Kris?” Somehow, she was worried. She could see tiny beads of sweats forming on his neck.

 

“I’m fine.” He simply replied. Rhea shrugged; maybe he was just feeling hot.

 

“Thanks. Great masseur.” She showed him two thumbs up – and Kris had given her an awkward smile.

 

“Yeah, you’re welcome. “He quickly got up from the stool. “Umm…don’t make those sounds…again.” He slightly stammered. She looked down, feeling slightly embarrassed. But what she saw of him was more embarrassing than anything. Nonetheless, she kept quiet and he went back to the lounge room.

 

“Oh my goodness, was that a ?!” Her mind screamed as she widened her eyes. Then, a wide sheepish smile curved up her lips.

 

[A/N]: ehehehe yeah Kris is hot.