Full Moon II

Water

{ I tried playing Yiruma – Moonlight when typing this chapter and idk why but I smiled so hard. Maybe you guise should try to. Especially during the moonlight dance)

 

The wind blew soft, frigid air of autumn night. Despite the chilly night, Rhea felt warm by Kris’ presence. Her skin was burning under his touch. He held her hands tenderly, with great gentleness and comfort. That night, she felt as if something idealistic will happen between her and Kris.

 

While still holding her hand, Kris had led her to the rooftop. It was different than any other rooftop that can be found in the city. Rhea could see pretty flowers everywhere and fascinating fireflies. The lights emitted by the fireflies acted as the lamp for the whole place other than the muted light emitted by the full moon itself.   

 

Full moon.

 

Werewolves are uncontrollable during full moon, right? Rhea thought to herself. She gazed at the full moon that gave the place a romantic, dreamy feeling.

 

The full moon is very pretty. If only Kris isn’t a werewolf, I’ll not be afraid. She thought to herself again. Kris didn’t change to a werewolf.  Instead, he gazed at the full moon just like she did earlier with his deep and unfathomable facial expression. She stole quick glances at him and tried to figure out what was he thinking. She got nothing.

 

On the other side, Kris was thinking of the reason why he didn’t change into a werewolf. What power could control him that he couldn’t transform? Inhyun or Lord Argus was not in sight, but even if they’re there, they will not be able to control him. Rhea? Rhea’s just a mundane, normal human being, he thought to himself.

 

“What are we doing here?” Rhea broke the awkward silence. Ever since they stepped on the rooftop, neither of them had spoken. It was such a waste of time if they remain silent at an astounding place. Kris turned his head to look at her. The dim glow of the moonlight illuminated Rhea’s fine-looking face. She’s very striking, and a part of him felt sorry for what he will do to her in the future. He’ll murder such a beauty.

 

“We’re gonna dance.”

 

“Dancing? There’s no pole for me now.”

 

“No, just normal dancing. Waltz? Or any ballroom dance is just fine under the moonlight, isn’t it? Like Chanyeol had said earlier, we need to do some couple stuff together.”

 

“You called ballroom dancing normal? If that so, teach me babe.” Rhea threw her arms around Kris’ neck and waited for his guidance. He asked her to step on his feet so that they can move in sync. Rhea gladly did what he told and followed whatever steps he’s taking.

 

Rhea felt special. Kris had fixed his eyes on hers since they started dancing. Somehow, it made her felt shy when Kris stared at her. She lowered her face to hide from Kris’ intense stare. It was too embarrassing for her to handle.

 

“Don’t look down. You’re beautiful.” Kris himself couldn’t believe he blurted out those words. However, he continued with his romantic self and lifted up Rhea’s face. Rhea shyly responded to Kris’ touch and his gaze.

 

After a few minutes of music-less dancing, Rhea let go of her hands from Kris’. That was when Kris felt something stirring in him. Something not good. Rhea – her touch was the one that could control him from transforming into a werewolf. Now that Rhea wasn’t touching, holding his hands, he was at the peak of transforming.

 

A kiss was planted on his lips. Rhea just kissed him. Her lips felt tender and soft on his. Her hands found the back of his head and her fingers roamed in his hair. Kris kissed her back with a stunned look on his face. Her kiss had stopped the stirring feeling of transforming. He couldn’t have really fallen for Rhea, but how could he explained all these things that happened only when Rhea’s around?

 

The sound of werewolves howling and growling stopped their activity. Rhea’s eyes enlarged, she was scared that Kris would transform into his uncontrollable werewolf state. She took a step back, being as cautious as possible. But Kris took her hands back. He held it in his.

 

“Just hold my hand, and you’ll be fine. Trust me.” He said later. Rhea was still in her shocked state but she acted upon Kris’ order.

 

“Everyone’s a werewolf downstairs. Just stay here with me and you’ll be fine.” He reassured. He tightened his grips on her hands to comfort her.

 

“So, I’m sleeping in this dreamy place tonight? Promise me you won’t change into a werewolf while I sleep.” Kris shot her his angelic smile, heartening her.

 

“As long as you hold my hand.” He answered, which was true. He then led Rhea to an empty corner for Rhea to get a shut eye.

 

Rhea then finally falls asleep under Kris’ touch. It was like as if Kris couldn’t get his hands off her. He caressed her face, her hands and her hair affectionately. Not long after that, Kris heard Rhea mumbled something in her sleep. He listened to her talking in her sleep and somehow he found it cute. Until…

 

“Don’t kill me, Kris.” Rhea mumbled again in her sleep which caused Kris to widen his eyes. He heard it himself this time. He couldn’t imagine Rhea having this kind of dream every night. And it wasn’t good for him too. Rhea will have trust issue with him. Rhea then woke up from her dream because she felt too scared.

 

“Don’t be scared. I’m still in my human form.” He her hair again.

 

▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼

 

The morning sun had risen. The vivid light shone directly to Rhea, causing her to wake up from her beauty time. Kris was still holding her hand. She smiled at the thought of Kris holding her hand the whole night. She turned to look at the sleeping Kris beside her.

 

“I thought you’re protecting me. But you’re sleeping.” Rhea hushed, which she thought was silent.

 

“I wasn’t sleeping. I was thinking hard.” Kris opened his eyes widely. Rhea took her hand from Kris’ – it was tiring to keep holding him. She fixed her hair and rubbed her eyes that were still quite drowsy.

 

“Thinking hard about what?”

 

“About you. My hand was tired holding your hand until the dawn.”

 

“Well, I didn’t ask you to do so last night. You offered yourself.”

 

“I have my own reasons to do that. Hey, you were talking in your sleep last night.” Kris pinched her cheeks. She frowned at his sudden action; because that action doesn’t suit Kris. Her brain then focused on what Kris told her. She was talking in her sleep; and she wondered what she talked about. She hoped that what she said wouldn’t embarrass her or get her into trouble.

 

“What did I talk about?”

 

“You said you love me, too much, that you don’t even love yourself anymore.” Kris lied. He saw Rhea blushing at his statement. Rhea tugged a loose strand of locks behind her ear to cover her nervousness. Besides that, she blinked 456321548920 times to seek for ideas on how to answer Kris.

 

“That’s such a lie. I love myself more. Besides I thought I dreamt about you killing me again, nothing romantic.” Rhea answered but Kris ignored her. He grabbed her hand again and motioned her to walk.

 

“Well, that’s what I heard. You can’t change the fact.” He gave her his infamous smug smile which Rhea rolled her eyes to.

 

Sometimes, Rhea thought to herself how she can easily fell for this cold-hearted, arrogant man who is so full of himself.  

 

 

 

[A/N] Sorry for not updating earlier. But even so, you guise don’t care, right? *sobs* Anyways, finally a romantic(maybe-I think so, cause I don’t know how to write romantic shtuff) chapter. Don’t hate me pleaseee.

Please subscribe and give your thoughts :D I’m sorry for my bad grammar, punctuation, whatever English that hurt your eyes. English isn’t my major and I don’t study language/literature. So I hope you could bear all the pain while reading my ugly writing.