Relationship

Water

The image of her dancing with Kris under the moonlight was still vivid in her mind. A smile was always plastered on her face when they were having their breakfast. Kris who was sitting beside her watched her secretly.

 

Were her feelings really that genuine? A huge part of him had felt so bad at that moment. It was only a minor dancing last night and she was smiling all the way. He couldn’t believe how his presence in Rhea’s life had given her all smiles, while he could only repay it with her death. No, he cannot pity her now. His plan was almost halfway now. He needs her trustworthiness towards him. That’s the most important part of the plan.

 

“Smiling about what? I can see your cheekbones popping out already.”

 

“Uh? Nothing. It’s just that Jongdae can cook really well. I thought you said Kyungsoo’s the best cook. But Jongdae’s good too.” She lied. It was too embarrassing to confess about last night to him.

 

“Is that so? Alright then. You sure you’re not smiling because of something else?”

 

“No.” She said while finishing her food. She brought her plate to the sink to wash it and later, she went upstairs to meet Chanyeol.

 

Kris was still playing with his food. Fried chicken? Psst, not my style. What’s so tasty about it and what’s so difficult on cooking it either? You just need to fry it, Rhea. He stared at the chicken and judged it sceptically.

 

▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼

 

“Hey, Yeol.” Rhea popped her head around the door and greeted him who was still in his sleeping attire. Chanyeol motioned her to come in.

 

“Yeol? Where’s my ‘Channie’ calling now?”

 

“It’s easier to call you that. Channie’s too long.” Rhea’s eyes wandered around the room and noticed some change. The portraits – Chanyeol had changed it. Before this, if she wasn’t wrong, there were only portraits of nature and photography.

This time, there were pictures of him and Rhea together when she worked part-time at the café.

 

“Oh, I look like a kid here.” She pointed to the picture that Chanyeol took when she was eating ice-cream.

 

“Of course. You never aged. You look like a retarded old kid there, trying to the tasty ice cream.” Chanyeol joked. Rhea hit him on his right arm for embarrassing her. She heard Chanyeol groaned in pain after she hit him and she quickly apologized for her action.

 

“It’s still painful?” She asked with a worried look and tone. Chanyeol kept acting and saying that his right arm hurts like hell when she hit him. After a few minutes of playing and joking around, Chanyeol finally laughed like a ‘drain.

 

“Oh, please! Yifan’s gotta love your cuteness sometimes. There’s no way he could resist you. And I’m serious.” Chanyeol stated in a serious tone after a long laugh.

 

“What are you talking about?” Rhea asked, raising an eyebrow. Of course Kris couldn’t resist her. If he could, why did he longed for her for six months and wanted her to be his girlfriend? Chanyeol was about to tell her something when Kris opened the door. It was just like before when Chanyeol wanted to tell her why she should leave the house.

 

“Yeah? Do you want something?” Rhea asked to the awkward Kris who was standing at the doorway. Chanyeol motioned him to enter and he did. He approached them with a mirthless smile, as if he wanted to know what they were up to. Rhea’s relationship with Chanyeol was not so important to him and he trusted him for not having any feelings towards Rhea; well quite so. Part of him still thinks that Chanyeol had a crush on Rhea. What’s more important was Chanyeol cannot tell Rhea about his deal with Lord Argus. That will destroy everything.

 

“Nothing. Just checking out my girlfriend and her good guy friend.” He said while putting his arm around her waist. Rhea reacted to the sudden touch. Again, his skin felt so warm on hers. Of course it was because he’s a werewolf, but to Rhea it was more than that. It was because he’s Kris.  

 

“Well, I said to her that there’s no way you could resist her. Isn’t that true, Yifan?” Chanyeol sneakily asked while raising his eyebrows. Kris, who’s always seem proud of himself and not feeling any guilt, replied him with his complacent smile.

He tightened his arm around Rhea’s slim waist.

 

“Yeah, it’s true. That’s why she’s mine.”

 

“Really?” Chanyeol asked back with an arrogant voice. Rhea had never seen him acted that supercilious. Chanyeol was always friendly, kind and was never nasty. Internal fight occurred once again between Kris and Chanyeol.

 

“Of course. Why did you ask? Do you have any problem with our relationship?” Kris tried to act polite in his words but it still doesn’t sound sincere and polite enough. Rhea rolled her eyes to their childishness. Childish, immature fight. That was what she thought. But the reality was more than shocking. It involves her life.

 

“Will you two stop?” Both Kris and Chanyeol turned to look at her with a fake-confused face.

 

“Stop what?” Kris asked.

 

“You two are having an internal fight again.” Rhea answered sternly, which of course wasn’t scary at all.

 

“No, we didn’t. What makes you think so?” They both answered in sync. Then, they looked at each other and scowled. Rhea couldn’t handle it anymore. She was too lazy to lecture about the difference between her friendship with Chanyeol and her relationship with Kris. She left and went out of the room and to get some fresh air outside. She thought that when she left, Kris would immediately follow her, but no. Chanyeol and Kris continued their internal fight.

 

“Boys.” She sighed. She put on her shoes and lingered outside the house. The wind came blowing, hitting on her skin softly. It was cold. How foolish of her to wear thin clothes to go outside. Nonetheless, she wanted to feel the cold air brushing against her skin. Coldness and frostiness reminded her of her parents. How were they doing in the States? It’s been two months since they left her in their desolated-looking house. She sighed again thinking about her parents. Were they thinking of her like how she’s thinking of them now? Maybe yes, maybe no. Work seemed like the most important thing in their life, she thought. She took out her phone to distract her thoughts. She shouldn’t think about her parents any longer or else, she would be crying a river.

 

“The scene looks good here. Maybe I should take a picture.” She talked to herself. She opened an application and took a photo of her with The Great House as the background. After a couple of shots, she reviewed all the photos and was shocked to see an entity was in all the photos – approaching her with his silly yet amusing smile.

 

Kris.

 

 

[A/N] Hey hello. I’m sorry for not updating everyday. I’m a human too and I have a lot of work to do at home since Christmas and my aunt’s wedding is around the corner. Yeepeeee I’m excited about my dress! I hope the tailor did a good job, I hope she didn’t make the dress too flowery for a teenager. But well it’s my fault too. I’m too old to be a flower girl anyway. WHY AM I TYPING THESE ANYWAY? Anyways, I find the ending part of this chapter a bit weird but nevermind. I’m planning something for the next chapter. So , be anticipated ♥ Give out your thoughts tho. Adios!