Run away

Water

 

After three days of staying in Kris’ house, Rhea decided to go home. She was putting on her shoes when a shadow suddenly loomed over her. She looked up and furrowed eyebrows and a sharp glare was shot at her. Bravely, she stood up, coming face to face with that tall figure. Honestly, face to face wouldn’t be the exact word but face to chest, because that tall figure is very tall.

 

“Where are you going?”

 

“Back home.” She answered, shaking her feet, one by one, trying to make her shoes fit perfectly, somehow. Nope. They were just jitters.

 

“It’s been three days. I’ve fully recovered and I have no reason to be here. I’m pretty sure someone would be worried about me.” Rhea bit her lower lip because she doesn’t even know if those busy parents of her would care.

 

“I told you, it’s dangerous out there.” Kris frowned harder, creating deep creases on his forehead.

 

“I’ll be fine. I saw your car trail. I should be fine as long as I follow that trail, no?” She stepped outside.

 

“No! You don’t understand.” He roughly grabbed her wrist but released it seconds later.

 

“I don’t belong here, Kris. It’s not like you want me to stay.” She shot back in a statement that belonged to a question. Kris kept silent.

 

“Thought so.” She knew she was acting cold towards him but how can she be any better for this person who never smile or laugh or do anything else than frowning? Is he even a person?

 

She walked out but a tiny bit of her had wanted him to stop her. She doesn’t know why but his house was more of a home, than home. Unfortunately, he didn’t. Kris had slammed the door before her and there she was, walking through a jungle, which she was not familiar at, alone.


“God, this is taking forever!” She let out her frustration with a shout. Bad move. Very bad move. Right after, she heard leaves rustling vigorously and faint but distinct growl.

 

“Wait, growl?” She started walking faster, increasing her pace from a walk to a run. Running for her life from who knows what. Suddenly, a huge wolf jumped out from the bushes and landed right in front of her. Well, it was not exactly huge, but bigger than a Siberian Husky with scarier features.

 

“, I’m dead.” She cursed in her head. Her eyes were practically darting all across the jungle, trying to find an exit. Even if there was a way out, no way she could run fast enough from the beast.

 

Then, she felt a strong wham to her side. The force had thrown her a few metres from where she stood and she landed on a rough ground. The pain was unbelievable and when she took a look down to her torso, there was a huge rip across her tee.

 

“What in the world?” Thank goodness she only had minor scratches. While her mind was busy with something less important than her life; her ripped tee, she didn’t realize the wolf was busy approaching her until she heard it growled again. She closed her eyes tightly, refusing to face the cause of her future death but all she heard were ferocious growls and the sound of beaten flesh.

 

Another wolf had pushed and later, attacked the earlier wolf. She was at awe of the wolves, attacking each other, fighting for something. Fighting for me, their meal! The thought was enough to make the fine hairs on her skin to stand up.

 

“OH !” She cursed in her head. She tried to stand up but every part of her was in agony. She kept her eyes on the wolves. Just in case they turned her way, she could pretend that she’s dead. Wolves don’t eat corpse, right? She hoped.

 

Suddenly, she realized the ‘new’ wolf has some sort of familiarity. The colour of his fur…that’s it! The colour of his fur looked like someone’s hair but she couldn’t recall who. It was lighter than the usual dirt brown of wolves.

 

Not long after that, it turned and came towards her. Automatically, she froze like iceberg. Pretending to be dead; that plan was forgotten. As it got closer, she started to realise how beautiful it was. Its glossy fur under the sunlight was mesmerising. It let out a loud growl and she snapped out from her thoughts.

 

“Don’t eat me. Don’t eat me. Don’t eat me.” She silently squealed.

 

“Run. Go back to where you came from. Go, before I change my mind.” She was bewildered. How could she understand the grunts and growls? She thought she was crazy or her ears had plainly deceived her but whatever it was, the wolf was right. She should run away.

 

Call it miracle or whatever, she managed to get up and run away. The pain was there but it was bearable. How odd. She ran hastily, large strides, occasionally tripping over thick veins and buttress roots.

 

She looked behind and saw the wolf had loped the opposite direction. Then again, she felt something poking her torso. A branch was stuck to her tee and as she tried to pull her tee away from it, it totally got ripped up to right under her chest.

 

“Great! The jungle is stripping me off.” She grunted as she furiously walked back to Kris’s glass cottage.

 

[A/N]; Wait for it, wait for it…the future chapters are way better, I tell you. You can skip if you don’t mind missing some half-comedy/wits and important details. As long as you would spend your time on this story :D