Revealed

Water

Kris’ eyebrows twitched in both agitation and anger. He closed his eyes for a moment, mentally searching for Rhea. She wasn’t at the beach, neither was she in the house nor in the car – yeah, just maybe. Who knew she was putting on a prank on him? Where is she? His mind was racing, his heart was thumping aggressively and he kept on clenching his fists together.

 

Damn, it could not be there… he thought and his eyes opened in ire. He rummaged through the content of his bag until he found his car keys. With the speed of light, he ran towards his car that was parked in the garage, turned the engine on and headed towards that one and only house; The Great Cottage. Once he arrived, he was almost surprised to see some of the werewolves from other tribes heading into the cottage. Without waiting for another second to pass by, he went out of the car and closed the door energetically. From a walk, to a light jog and lastly, he ran into the house. Somehow, the front yard of the cottage felt enormous that day.

 

“Ah, there he is.” He heard as he walked in through the entrance, only to be welcomed with the sight of Argus’ bodyguards/followers. The grabbed him by his arms, pulling and dragging him with them towards the back yard and later, he found that he was brought into the forest behind the house. The other werewolves of Wild Beast of Gevaudan were wearing formal clothes, as if some kind of ceremony was held there. He turned his gaze to the other tribes; they were wearing formal clothes too. Was there any ceremony that he had not known? Why did they not inform him about anything?

 

His eyes then landed on Inhyun’s weak figure. She looked awful; her hair’s a mess, her clothes were torn, her lips were of the pale blue and her forehead was bleeding. What the heck? But his eyes widened at the sight of a very familiar figure that they were almost popping out from their socket. Rhea – her hair was still half damp, not to forget her attires too. She lifted her head and her eyes met his. Noticing the redness of her eyes, Kris felt his heart had just outbreak from its axis, slowly falling from their original spot. He had no idea who did an awful thing to Rhea, but at that moment, he could simply point the blame to anyone that he laid his eyes on.

 

“Ah, Wu Yifan. I think I waited for such a long time. So I decided to speed things up.” Argus opened his mouth to speak. Kris threw him a deathly glare, slowly letting out a growl.

 

“I changed my mind. I don’t want to kill her to satisfy my greed.” Kris changed his gaze towards Rhea again, and he could see tiny beads of tears pooling in her eyes, ready to fall anytime soon. He was certainly sure she’d wonder what he was talking about.

 

“Too late. Don’t you want to be a human? You could sleep for hours, control your own life, not scared of the full moon and build a family. That’s such a sweet dream, you know. Kill her; the opportunity is right in front of you now. Besides, she’s your soul mate, am I right?  That’s the only thing that you need and right now, she’s there, so helpless.” Argus pointed his finger on her direction. With widely opened, Rhea couldn’t believe what she had just heard. She barely knew this man, yet he knew there was something going on between Kris and her. And there’s one thing that she couldn’t believe at all; about killing her and Kris becoming a human, and the soul mate part. Was it she that they referred as her in their conversation?

 

“I said I changed my plan.”

 

“And you heard what I said too, it’s too late. Look around you; they’re here for that event. They’re anticipating for it.”

 

“Kris, don’t listen to him please…” Weak Inhyun tried to speak eventhough half of her body felt paralyzed, but by her action, she earned a kick on her stomach. “Inhyun…” Rhea gasped. She was certainly puzzled about the whole thing that was going around her – why did they bring her there silently, without Kris knowing about it and why did they torture Inhyun? What wrong had she done? What crime had she committed?

 

“Argus, stop torturing her. I know that you lied about it.”

 

“Of course, of course. Being the foolish Inhyun she is, she’d told you about the whole thing. But now, everything’s prepared. You’ll become the new leader for the tribe soon, and everyone here would be the witness. You must kill her.” Argus strode towards his direction, while emphasizing the ‘must’.

 

“I said, I won’t. I can’t kill someone that I love very much.” He fought back using his mouth since his arms were tightly secured in Argus’ bodyguard’s powerful grips. Argus replied him with an evil smirk, turning his face uglier, even a looked better.

 

“Love? Love can make you do foolish things. Don’t trust in love. They’re no use. If you can’t kill her, then we would.” Argus shot a deathly glare at Kris and Rhea. He had no idea why he had said that too; if they kill Rhea, it’s not as if the ritual would be complete. It has to be Kris, so he knew, with what he said; Kris would rather do it himself rather than letting him to kill Rhea. To make things to worse, Argus secretly messaged his followers to loosen his grips on Kris’ arm and pretended to approach Rhea in his werewolf state. He was nothing but an ugly, black old werewolf. Rhea could feel a knot of fear in . As Argus approached Rhea, Inhyun had loosen the knots of the rope engulfing her wrist and she was ready to fight with Argus eventhough she felt as weak as a human. With the infinitesimal amount of energy that she had, she lunged on him. Her spirit was as high as the sky; somehow, she needed to protect Rhea and Kris-Rhea love. She loved Kris, but she had to let him go. Rhea’s the only person that Kris loves, so she would do anything to protect her too, just like how Kris wanted to protect Rhea at that moment.

 

The other boys of The Wild Beast of Gevaudan gasped in horror, they could not do anything about it. They had never imagined this kind of event would happen. Inhyun was Argus’ loyal follower, she’d listen to his words, obeying his instructions and she was known as the Cold Eyes. Argus, being the male werewolf he was, managed to hover above Inhyun, and he had his razor-sharp teeth piercing into Inhyun’s neck, bleeding her to death. Inhyun let out a sharp cry. The pain was unbearable, excruciating indeed. Kris had turned into his werewolf form, intending to protect both Rhea and Inhyun; eventhough protecting Inhyun was too late.

 

Fights occurred and for The Wild Beast of Gevaudan, the phenomenon was too hurtful to watch. One by one, Argus’ other followers approached Kris in their werewolves states, fighting with him – biting him everywhere. Argus had had it, so he let his followers to fight with Kris. And as for he himself, he approached Rhea to kill her though he had no really specific reason to do so. Probably he thought that because of her, Kris had given several problems to him.

 

When he almost jumped on her petite human body, another werewolf pushed him from the side. Chanyeol. And behind him were the other werewolves from his own tribe. As for the spectators, they didn’t do much, but watched in awe as the werewolves tore Argus’ body apart.

 

“What’s happening?” Rhea gulped. Her nightmares had turned real this time. Initially, Kris wanted to kill her for some kind of frivolous ritual but he had changed his mind. And now she’s watching him getting tortured by other werewolves, while on the other side, Argus’ body was tore apart. A scene that she had never expected. She heard Kris letting out a faint cry of a wolf – and she couldn’t do anything to help him. He lied to you, Rhea. Her inner voice warned. But how could she be so selfish when Kris was almost dying right in front of her eyes?

 

It was then when a werewolf was practically thrown towards her direction. The impact was…HUGE. Her body was as if as light as dust that it was easily thrown together with the werewolf earlier, and there was nothing else to say. She hit the tree behind her and it left her unconscious.

 

To her, that day was the most awful day she had ever faced.


 

[A/N] : Ignore any typos or imperfect grammars. I took a long time to update stuffs kekeke I’m sorry. I’m too excited to finish my oneshots { omg my Kai’s oneshot did not receive much love. WHY T.T } and I’m always telling you guise about my upcoming fic but until now, I have not even post any foreword about it.(I’m a busy person ahahah) Be prepared for what will come in the future chapters tho. Prepare yourself to welcome Gunwoo :D