Guilty

Water

“Why are you ma- whoa, isn’t that my shirt?” Kris asked to Rhea who was lying on the bed, reading a novel. Apparently, she had change to a new attire after the ‘mini fight’ that had occurred earlier that night. She was wearing a pair of shorts, revealing her toned thighs and Kris’ tee which was too big for her.

 

“I thought you said that we should share stuff since we’re couple.” She said while her eyes were still fixed to the book. She read every single word silently and with full concentration. Kris was star-struck by his view of Rhea lying flat on her abs with his shirt on while reading a book. y.

 

He stood there and stared at her. He was definitely imagining something that would never occur. While Mariah Carey’s Touch My Body song was playing in his mind, he imagined her seducing him.

 

“Wait, but why my shirt? You have tons of other shirts.” He stopped his imagination. He knew it would never happen with the overprotective Rhea. He approached her and sits on the edge of the bed.

 

“Because, I just had a fight with you. I’m too arrogant to go down again and face you, so I decided to wear your shirt so that I can feel your presence. But now you’re here, maybe I should change again. Besides you sounded like you don’t want me to wear your precious tee.” She rolled so that she could lie on her back.

 

“Of course you can wear it. You’re Rhea, and my clothes always looked good on you.” He crawled to her side and then he went on top of her.

 

“Why so arrogant, Rhea?” He said with a husky voice, while his fingers trailed along her body line. His touch made her body tingled with a mixture of feelings. Once his fingers; hands to be appropriate reached her waist, he tickled her. His action caused Rhea to laugh like a monkey.

 

“Stop, Kris, no HAHAHAHAHAHAH!” She pleaded, but deep inside she enjoyed this moment. Her laugh was the music to his ear. Her laugh was adorable and she never succeeds to stop Kris from tickling her.

 

“Stop, Kris. It hurts!” She could feel her face reddened due to the pressure of her laugh. Her cheekbones were as if they were going to stick out anytime soon if Kris kept tickling. Being the nice Kris he is, he stopped but he continued with a more passionate activity.

 

His lips were placed on hers.

 

“A good way to apologize, Kris.” She said after the kiss and he replied with a genuine, magnificent smile.

 

▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼

 

The next morning, Rhea woke up with a smile on her face. No nightmares, no creepy wolves, no empty lakes – because that night, she slept in Kris’ embrace.

 

But her smiles faded when she reached her office. Her tables were full. She looked in horror at the mounting pile of files on her desk. She gazed at the other workers and there were only a few heads were seen working their off. She thought her boss might put a prank on her by giving lots of tiring work but no, everyone else in that place was struggling hard to finish their work in time.

 

Lunch time seemed to arrive fast that day. After a few hours of sitting, Rhea definitely needs to stand up. She threw her arms back and stretched fully. Her mind then told her to call Kris – because she has the urge to call him and hearing his voice might make her feel better. Besides, the day’s still a long way to go before she meets him at night.

 

“I’ll see you tonight. Bye.”

 

“Hey, I miss my nickname and I’m starting to miss you.” She heard Kris said at the other end.

 

“I miss you too babe eventhough we just met this morning. I wish I can just burn all these files and go home.” She cheekily replied. Upon hearing her statement, Kris snickered silently.

 

“I’ll go grab lunch now. Bye, babe.” She ended the phone call before Kris could start his art of seduction. She hung her bag on her shoulder, took her phone and locked her office before darting outside. She stopped at a nearby restaurant so that she won’t have the trouble to get stuck in between the crowds when she has to go back to her office.

 

While she was on her way back, she identified the man in his office attire who gave her a smile. Gunwoo, she recalled. She approached closer and apologised once more to him because of her clumsiness yesterday.

 

“It’s okay, but if you don’t mind me asking, why were you in such a rush yesterday?”

 

“Oh, I wanted to catch the bus before it was too late, but well, the bus left earlier.” She answered, which was partly correct. The other part of her answer was about Kris. She was too eager to meet him.

 

“I think I played a part in that problem.”

 

“No, no. It was my fault indeed. And can I ask you something?”

 

“Yeah?” He put his hands into the pocket of his brown coat.

 

“Are you a new worker? I’ve never seen you before.”

 

“Yeah. I transferred from another branch of the company. Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. I’m Gunwoo by the way.” He offered a hand shake. Rhea took it and somehow his hand felt icy cold eventhough he wore a pair of gloves.

 

She knew his name indeed. But why was he wearing a nametag? It wasn’t as if the company had set up a new rule to wear nametag. He doesn’t look like as if he’s from the lower department. Little did she knew, he actually wanted her to remember him because he’ll play a big part of her life and death in the future.

 

“I’m Rhea. And you’re very fair, as fair as the snow.” She blurted out before she could stop her own sentence. His eyes dazzled in confusion upon hearing her. His eyebrows arched in a way that showed he was confounded with what she had said.   

 

“Sorry.” She gave him a guilty smile.

 

A new friendship was built.

 

▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼

 

“Christmas is around the corner. Is your relationship with Chanyeol okay already?” Rhea his messy light brown hair. He was doing his usual business, which is, staring at Rhea’s face. His position at that moment had given him the opportunity to see her face in a full view.

 

“I’m stuck here all the time. How am I supposed to meet him?”

 

“There’s a device that allows you to stay connected with him. Your phone.” She continued his hair. He loved the way Rhea touch him. It made him feel loved. It was somewhat what he wanted when he was a human. He was never treated as warm as how Rhea treated him now. He learned to love from Rhea. But he needed Rhea for something else. He will never regret it, that’s what he thought.

 

“I will fix the relationship during Christmas. Okay, babe?” He gave her his stunning authentic smile which melted Rhea. Who wouldn’t give in to that smile of Kris?

 

“Fine, we’ll do some Christmas shopping tomorrow.” She gave him a light peck.

 

“Just a peck?” He pulled her closer by her neck and they went in for a deep kiss.

 

 

 

 

 

[A/N] Happy New Year! (But I miss Christmasssss) anyways, here’s an update for you guise who waited patiently. And I updated my Oneshot Collection – posted Xiumin’s already woots! Go and read and give me some of your thoughts tho. *I sound like I’m promoting myself. Sorry*