Angst in Spring

Water

The image of them dancing under the moonlight was too vivid. She would reach out for him, but he would immediately vanish later. She doesn’t know how and why, but the dream felt so surreal that she could smell his mint scent. When he walked away from her, she would call his name, but he wouldn’t turn his back. Despair, he would leave her in despair.

 

With much hesitation, she opened her eyes, eventhough her eyelids were reluctant to obey. It felt so good to close them, because by that, she could see Kris with a sincere smile plastered on his face. She could still see him as Kris, the one that she fell in love with, the one that murmured ‘I love you’ and she could hint the sincerity in his words. She didn’t see him as Yifan, the one that took advantage of her, the one that pretended to love her and the one that fooled her.

 

The ‘beep beep’ sounds in the room filled her ears, hurting her eardrum. She tried to turn her head, but hell; it felt so painful to do so. “Ah…” A painful moan escaped from her lips. Chanyeol got up from his seat, immediately walking towards his friend, and he looked intensely into her eyes.

 

“Rhea…” He called out. “You’re awake.” He gave her a smile before going out of the room to call the doctor and nurses in charged. Rhea was left again with the annoying ‘beep beep’ sound and the awkward dull colour of white greeted her to life. Seconds later, few people in white darted in the room, together with Chanyeol behind them. The doctor and nurses did whatever they were supposed to do, while Chanyeol watched them with a concerned look on his face. Around 10 minutes later, they left, leaving Chanyeol and Rhea together in the room.

 

“God, I’m so glad you’re awake. You’ve been sleeping here for a week!” Chanyeol released a heavy sigh; a part of him felt so relieved at that moment, as if a load of work had dispersed from his shoulder. He was glad, too glad to see Rhea’s eyes sparkling again. For one whole week, he could only see her eyelids and nothing else moved except her chest; moving up and down to inhale and exhale air. He knew it meant that she was still alive, but somehow, she looked so…dead.

 

“I’ve been sleeping for a week already? But…but, it feels like it was just yesterday.” She could recall what happened the other day when she was brought to The Great Cottage, without Kris’ knowledge. And she could recall the part when Argus’ body was tore apart by Kris’ friends. The last thing that she saw was the image of Kris getting hurt by Argus’ followers before a MEGA HUGE werewolf was thrown directly to her direction. Speaking of Kris, where’s that duizhang?

 

“Yeol, where’s Kris?” She saw his eyes glimmered in sadness when she mentioned his name. Slowly, he grabbed her limp hand and held it in his. He caressed her skin using his thumb and lastly, he patted it lightly.

 

“Rhea, I’m sorry, but we’re too late to...”

 

“To what? Too late about what? Don’t tell me…”  Her voice trailed off. No, it can’t be, her mind shouted. Her fingers felt icy cold so suddenly, her toe nails felt sick and she could feel her heart was pinned to the wall. Chanyeol hung his head low, his grip was getting loose on Rhea’s trembling hand.

 

“Yeah, he’s dead.” Chanyeol hated to mutter those words, but Rhea needed to get things right. The truth stabbed Rhea’s ‘dying’ heart. She disgusted the fact. That had explained why Kris would vanish instantly when she tried to reach for him in her dream.

 

Because he’s dead.

 

Because he vanished from this world forever.

 

▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼

 

Rhea followed the nurse’s order. She told Rhea that she had been in the room for too long, always inhaling the same air. That day, the nurse decided to bring her for a stroll around the park in the hospital area. Carefully, she guided Rhea to sit on the wheelchair. After doing whatever so that the nurse had to do, like maybe registering at one of the counter, they headed out to the park for some fresh air and joy.

 

To Rhea, she had thought that the patient in the hospital might get sicker if they stayed in the room everyday. They needed fresh air, and a little joy. The patients must have grown bored of the same scenery when they woke up every morning, thus making their soul weak. She had always wanted for this day to come.

 

It was spring, luckily. She felt the spring breeze brushing on her skin, softly hitting on her face. She never felt fresher than before; being inside her room, either sleeping or reading on her bed and nothing else to do, was a boredom, to be frank. Her only joy was when Chanyeol came to visit her. Chanyeol would come in the evening after he was done with his shift, but surely, that wasn’t enough for her. Her parents were untold of this and there was no one else that could come to be with her besides Chanyeol.

 

If only Kris was still alive… she closed her eyes, and imagined Kris opening his arms widely to hug her, bringing her into his warm embrace. She had been crying her hearts out a few days ago, and her eyes had grown tired. Her tears were dried, and if she dared to cry more, she’d by crying blood. Maybe Kris doesn’t deserve bloody tears for cheating, she thought. The soft spring breeze had gently blown her soft hair as she closed her eyes to inhale more oxygen into her lungs. One, two, three…she slowly counted, before she opened her eyes again. The colours of spring, the blooming flowers and the fresh oxygen welcomed her for another time, causing her to smile. How she wished that Kris would be the one with her now. How she wished he’d plucked flowers on the streets for her, gently tucking them behind her ears or put them in her hair. What a spring wish… what a fool, to still hoping for things that she knew she wouldn’t get. And what a stupid girl, for hoping his love to turn real.

 

She longed for him. She longed for his scent. She longed for his presence. She longed for his cocky personality. She longed for his smug smile. She longed for his touch. She longed for his pecks and kisses. She longed for his love, eventhough she knew it was fake.

 

She felt her eyes pooling with hot tears. But behind that blurry image, she spotted someone familiar. With a bouquet of flower in his hand, he approached her with a smile. God, he was always as white as the snow. Gunwoo practically ran towards her from afar, the flowers still tightly secured in his grip.

 

“Gunwoo.” She smiled at his presence. At least, one of the workers remembered about her. “How’ve you been?” She started off.

 

“I thought I’m the one who was supposed to ask you that. As you can see, I’m perfectly fine. How have you been?”

 

“Okay.” It was true. She neither felt too sick nor was she feeling too healthy.

 

“I’m sorry I couldn’t come earlier. The files are piling on your table, so I did some helping.”

 

“That’s very nice of you. Thank you. But how could they do that? I’m sick, stuck in the hospital and they still give me work?” She crossed her arms, letting out an intimidated chuckle. Gunwoo shrugged his shoulders, with a pout.

 

“Here.” He said, as he handed her the flowers. Rhea took it and smelled almost every flower. Alive, she felt so alive when she inhaled the sweet scent of the blooming flowers in her hands. She had let go of the thoughts of Kris, and focused to the real things in life.

 

She had to move on…can she do that? Can she forget who Kris was? Can she forget his scent that lingers in her mind all the time?

 

[A/N]: Kris is dead??!! WTH? And what the fish, Rhea tries to move on? Ok, ok whatever. If you’re mad or frustrated now after reading this kinda-short update, I’m sorry. But I’ll give you presents in the end ♥ who don’t like presents anyway….

 

Anywaysss, I posted my new story featuring Luhan (yeepee!!) eventhough I said before that Kris would be featuring in it, but yeah, I loike this guy kekekekeke because he’s tooooo adorable uhhh. Do read, subscribe, comments ( your karma points will increase ahahaha) and upvote(NOT A MUST BUT THIS WOULD BE VERY LOVELY, RIGHTT?)

 

As for this story, I’ll update from time to time when I’m not busy because I’m busy…as a maid…in my own house…house chores are really asdfghjkl. Okay leave that. Ignore typos and imperfect grammars because I’m imperfectly perfect (pssshhh, everyone is hahahah) and I’ll repeat this as always because I don’t receive much feedbacks huhu – LEAVE SOME FEEDBACKS, BEAUTIFUL!