Lost

Water

The sea breeze was very refreshing and the morning was cold. Winter had stopped, but the chilliness was still filling the atmosphere. Rhea drowned herself in the sea of pillows and blankets, and oh- the bed felt so good. Kris smiled at her action. It was very fascinating watching her sleep; how she would mumble something in her sleep and sometimes she would let out a soft cry. He loved how her hair covered her face and how seductive she could look like, but instead of bringing out the beast in him, he’d fixed her hair and admired her face.

 

“Don’t you want to see sunrise again?” he murmured into her ear, an attempt to wake her up not by force. Rhea opened her eyelids due to the hot breath that she felt near her earlobe.

 

“No… can I sleep again? For thirty minutes and then you can wake me up by then.” Rhea closed her eyelids again without waiting for Kris’ answer. Seconds later, she was lost in her own slumber. Kris shook his head at his adorable lady. Eventhough watching Rhea was enthralling, he couldn’t help but to envy her too. He missed tossing around the bed in the late hours of morning and hearing his mom’s nagging. He missed plopping himself on the bed to get enough rest when he felt tired. Not that he was never tired of his activities when he’s a werewolf, he would always find himself feeling fatigue and dead tired. Sleep was what he desired the most when times of trouble come.

 

Lazily, he traipsed towards the bathroom and decided to melt his worries away by taking a shower. Yes, a shower would melt his secret fatigue that Rhea never knew.

 


 

Instead of 30 minutes, Kris had given the chance for Rhea to sleep for an hour. He had done the cooking too, which he himself finds it weird. He wasn’t sure of his cooking skill but he hoped Rhea would like it.

 

“Babe, wake up now. We have lots of things to do today.” He softly shook her arm. Rhea raised her upper body by force because she felt sleepy, somehow, eventhough she wasn’t that tired.

 

“I just want to do things on the bed today.” Rhea blankly stated. Kris raised his eyebrow to her statement. What does she want? Rhea finally got her mind back, and it’s Kris that she uttered those words to. Her simple sentence could easily make the beast in him to lunge out. Nervous, she gulped her bitter saliva.

 

“You sure, Rhea?”

 

“No, we’ll go with your original plan.” Kris chuckled at her utter cuteness when she gets nervous. After the incident the other day, he’d only make love to her only if she wants and willing to. Rhea got up from the soft material and headed towards the washroom in the speed of light.

 

Kris, on the other side, went out to prepare everything he had planned. Today, they’ll spend time together outside; where they could see seashells and waves. The smell of salt lingered in the atmosphere, but he liked it and he’s sure Rhea liked it too. Both Rhea and he couldn’t resist the lure of the calmness of the sea.

 

“Babe, what are we doing today?” He heard Rhea asked as she made her way towards him. “Babe, what are you doing?” Her second question as she saw him packing containers into a woven rattan basket. Kris turned to face her and placed his lips on hers. He pulled her closer into his embrace and wrapped his arms around her waist. After a lot of tongue wrestling and battling, they pulled out to catch their breath.

 

“Morning kiss from a hot werewolf.” She proudly said to herself, and she thought she didn’t say it out loud. Kris laughed quietly before he continued to put several containers into the basket.

 

“I like the fact that you’re wearing my shirt. They always look good on you. Besides, we’re going for a picnic and a swim today and…you know what I’ll think of later.” He joked and caused Rhea to turn as red as tomato. And then the next thing hit her – a swim. She hasn’t swim ever since she drowned in the lake. How can she say no to Kris?

 

After Kris was done with his business, he brought Rhea out and the never-failed-to-awe view of the beach welcomed the couple. A gust of wind came hitting on their body, but that will never stop their plan. Kris brought her somewhere far from the house and when they reach one spot; where they could see a large formation of stone in the middle of the sea; he set down the packed basket and laid a mat on the sand. Kris said some about the history of the place, and Rhea knew he made it up by the look on his face. She would reply him with simple ‘oh’, ‘ah’, ‘em’ and her mind was busy focusing on something else – the food.

 

“Finally, I get to taste your cooking. It’s okay eventhough the some of your spices are burnt.” Kris was still talking about some useless but she had almost finished her rice.

 

“Hey, I was talking and you were not listening to my information?”

 

“You made it up, Wu Yifan.”

 

“I didn’t and hey, the spices were cooked fully. It tastes the best in that way. Don’t judge my cooking skill.” He sulked. That childish side of him that Rhea loves came back.

 

“I said it was okay. I didn’t say it was bad.” She shoved a spoonful of fried rice into his mouth. “And it will taste better if I spoon-feed you. Or should I hand-feed? They say food taste better when someone you love hand-feed you.”/span>

 

"Heaven’s no. Your hand is dirty. I can see bits of sands on your hand." He shook his head aggressively.

 

They ate as if they were monsters and Rhea had to admit, his cooking skill was not that bad. After they filled their stomach until they were quite full, Kris stood up in a sudden while taking his shirt off. He saw Rhea blushing at the sight of his bare body and decided to by leaning closer to her.

 

“Hey hey hey." Rhea reminded him.

 

“What’s making you red, babe? I just want to go for a swim.”

 

“What? But you just finished eating. Don’t you get cramps later on?”

 

“I do this a lot of time, but I never get a cramp. Come with me.” He pulled her hands but Rhea’s pulled it back in a much stronger force. She’s still traumatized by what had happened to her past few months ago. Eventhough water fated her to be with this iron-hot Kris, but somehow she still hated that particular incident. Not because of Kris, maybe not-so of water too. Her conscience told her she’ll regret that fate in the future. But still, she blames the water.

 

“Babe…” Kris had gotten impatient when Rhea did not reply him after he had called her for twice. Part of him really wanted to go for a swim, and with Rhea, eventhough it was quite funny to think of. He had taken a shower earlier but he longed for the coldness of the sea on his skin.

 

“I’m scared of the water, Kris. I almost died because of that element.”

 

“Alright, I’ll carry you. I promise that I’ll always secure you tight in my embrace. Okay, babe? Come.” Without waiting for her reply, Kris carried her bride-style and headed towards the water. Rhea’s hitting and punching were useless efforts because his skin was impervious to the pain. Or probably Rhea wasn’t strong enough. Besides, he’s a werewolf.

 

The cold sea water could frost her blood and nerves, but because she was in Kris’ arm, the water was in thermal equilibrium with his skin, and hers too. Kris would sometime pretend to drop her from his arm but Rhea knew he was just kidding.

 

“I thought you wanted to swim, but with my presence here, you can’t do that.”

 

“Never mind, as long as you’re with me.”

 

“But I’m cold. Don’t just think about being with me, Kris. You wanted to swim, so just go swim. Don’t mind me.” She lied and acted like she’s shivering from head to toe. Of course, Rhea’s a bad liar and Kris detected it easily. But he let it go and agreed to Rhea. Maybe he should think about himself and be selfish too.

 

Rhea quickly made her way off shore and hugged herself due to the coldness. Damn, so cold.  

 


 

After swimming for quite a long time, he expected to see Rhea hugging herself on the mat, but his eyes widened when he didn’t even see Rhea’s shadow. Panic, he ran and set his foot off water, trying to search for Rhea. He searched and searched and searched but again, Rhea was not in sight. In full speed, he ran to his house. Rhea wasn’t in the house either.

 

“Where could she be?” He was angry of…of everything for no reason. Rhea’s lost, and he wished he did not listened to what she had said earlier.

 

 

[A/N] Took a very small part from senobralloC's oneshot which was the staying in bed part. Utterly minute part hehe. If there’s any typos or whatsoever, I’m very sorry. I typed this in a hurry and I couldn’t check it. But anyways, here’s an update :D Do leave some feedbacks ♥