Epilogue

Water

{Epilogue}

Rhea’s POV.

A drop of tear managed to escape when I saw my reflection on the mirror. I couldn’t help it; I was feeling too happy because this day finally came. My mother approached me from behind, and it all brought me to another set of happiness. I felt very relieved indeed when mom finally acted genuinely nice to me, finally approving that I’m her daughter. Perhaps, dad told her to change – for me.

But whatever the reason was, I felt happy that she changed.

“You look beautiful. As usual, that’s why Kris falls in love with you.” I smiled and squeezed her hand lightly.

I recalled back how he got on his knees on that one particular morning. I was cooking for breakfast and he was, as far as I could remember, playing a certain melody on the piano. I had never expected it, to be honest, because that morning was just like the other morning. When he asked ‘will you marry me?’, there was no other answer. A yes would always be the answer.

“No, mom. I think I’m the one who goes all crazy in love about him. I fall for him first.” I shrugged off, and smiled to the reflection in front of me. She smiled too, and we looked like two lunatics – well, sort of. Just then, my father called her cellphone to tell me to get ready.

Here it is, I chimed happily in my head.


Dad smiled when I approach him at the entrance. “Looking good, my daughter.”

“Inherited it from you, dad. You’re looking good too.” I beamed. He tugged my arm in his and waited for the announcement. It didn’t take a long time until I heard the emcee saying, “Here comes the bride.”

I shivered in anxiety when the door opened, just as soon as the cold air rushed to meet my bare skin.

I could have sworn that my knees were wobbling when I took the first step in. I still couldn’t adjust myself in receiving everyone’s attention, which was logic of course, because I’m the bride of the day. The other werewolves from Wild Beast of Gevaudan were there too, to witness their new leader’s wedding day. Everyone was looking good in tailored suits, and I could have bet also that Kris had chosen their attire. With their outer appearance, no one would ever think that they’re beasts. Kyungsoo especially. I mean, look at that cutie pie!

Ok, I should have not fangirl right now. Kris will would be mad at me.

“What a lovely sight we have here. The bride is looking very fine, very beautiful.” The emcee spoke and a blush appeared on my cheeks. I knew it because I felt a hot burn on the skin in that area. And then Kris turned.

Damn beautiful smile was shown on his fine face. I stared down as I couldn’t stop feeling embarrassed at that time. He was looking handsome with his white suit on. I could tell that his thick eyebrows were trimmed a little since they looked neater and shorter. His lips were coated with a lip tint to moisturise it, yet it looked so red to me –so tempting. Gah!

Gosh, I couldn’t believe that I was still walking towards him. Slow pace; calm steps yet I could feel the nerve building up. I couldn’t remember being this nervous when it involved Kris.

Finally, we reached the front-centre of the hall where Kris stood with his dashing self. When dad released my arms, he took the opportunity to reach for my hands. All of a sudden and unexpectedly, my anxiety and nerves seemed to disperse from my stiff shoulder and I smiled in relieved.

This would always be the sweet Kris’ effect. It was like he could control my nerves with just one touch. I guess, that was one of his supernatural powers.

“Hey there…” He greeted in a low voice, but instead of the dark, hoarse voice that he usually sounded like, this one sounded as sweet as cotton candy. He brushed the skin of my hand casually, and I replied back with a sweet (kind of) greeting.

I couldn’t remember what exactly had happened after that, but I sure remembered the part when we were pronounced officially as husband and wife. We entertained other guests after the formals were done and our smiles never disappeared from our face.

“Eyey, my best friend is married to my chief eh? I guess I’m going to miss the single Rhea. Can I still come to your house for fun?” I was about to say yes confidently to Chanyeol, my Channie Channie Yeol, but Kris was way faster.

“Go find a mate, dude. Don’t mess with what’s mine.”

“I just want to eat and watch movies at her place!” Chanyeol countered.

Kris shook his head sternly with his typical face, “Excuse me, but she’s not going to live at her place now. But at my place – our place. But still no. I pay for all of the food and electricity, so it’s not free.”

“C’mon man. You’re so not cool.” A few heads nodded as they agreed to what the second tallest man in their pack have said – namely Baekhyun, Sehun and Lay. I laughed internally at the sight in front of me.

Kris draped his arm around my bared shoulder, his warm skin could still emit its burning effect through the tailored suit, “That’s because I’m hot.”

Pfft. Yes, I pfft out loud and I wasn’t alone. The other four guys did that too. “Hey, don’t make me regret inviting you guys here.” Kris said arrogantly and he released his heavy weighted arm from my shoulder.

“Kris, I guess it’s the best for you to entertain other guests – my family to be exact. Let’s just not be all kiddy here, aite? You know we’re just kidding.” I rubbed his back. Kris nodded obediently like a dog and we made our way to meet my aunts and uncles.

It was a tiring, long day for us. And I could say that both of us were anticipated for the night.

First night together as a married couple.

Well, actually all I wanted was a sleep. But now that I’m married to Kris and he obviously had crossed the border line, we all know what would happen.

“You know, you dress to impress.” I complimented while trying to undo his tie since he felt stuffy with thick clothing –and neckties especially.

“No, I undress to impress.”

.


9 months later…

“Aww, it’s a baby girl, just like you always wish for, Kris.” Chanyeol clapped his hand happily and was more eager to hold the baby in his arm but the nurse told him that the baby should be cleaned first. I was panting heavily after using all the force. My grips on Kris loosened and below my heavy lidded eyes, I saw him crying.

Really?

“Kris? Why are you crying?” I brushed the tip of his fingers and he cupped my hand in return. A smile formed on his red face and I couldn’t help but to get infected with that gummy grin too even though all of my muscles felt heavy.

“You gave me a baby, Rhea. I love you.”

Kris is just too sweet sometimes, no? I cupped his face using my free hand and caressed his skin gently. His tears still rolled down carelessly and my fingers naturally wiped away the tears that drenched his face.

“I love you more.”

Chanyeol approached the both of us and scrutinize Kris’ face with a playful grin on his face. “Hyung, this is so unusual. I should have brought my camera.”

“Shut up, Yeol.” He stammered. Later, he focused on me again. “You need a rest, my love.” And he kissed my forehead for a long time; a kiss full of love and care.


 

Kris came up to me when I was cradling Elna in my arm. Yes, Elna’s the name that Kris had suggested and I happened to like it. Elna Wu.

“Babe…” I thought he wanted to take control and held Elna, but he was up to something else. He seemed uneasy and uncomfortable. “Yes?”

“Hold me, let go of Elna for a while, please?” I frowned at his request. “Full moon tonight – no, in a minute. Please, faster please.”

“But Elna need to sleep, babe.” It wasn’t long until I suddenly heard her crying. Kris – for the first time – looked pissed with her. He never rolled his eyes at the baby. “Shhhhhh.”

“Babe, do multi-tasking please.” I ignored him as I got too busy calming Elna. Kris kept repeating about the full moon thingy and I did get scared for a long moment, but the baby’s important to me. He kept repeating ‘in a minute’ for a few times and when I got pissed with him, I actually yelled to him without fully understanding the logic in my words.

“You’ve been repeating that all the time and I don’t know how many minutes have passed by and you’re still the human Kris!” My yelling was almost in sync with Elna’s loud cry. Kris stopped shaking my arm and the dazzle in his eyes seemed to penetrate into mine.

“That’s right. How come nothing changed? I don’t feel anything.” He let loose of his grip until he finally released it. It was weird that Elna’s cry stopped at that time too.

“What’s happening?” Both of us ask in sync. For the past few months, even in my pregnancy state, I had to hold his hands for hours during full moons. To be honest, I’ve grown tired of it. It was very tiring, like hell.  Our confusion was later interrupted with a chuckle from the baby in my arms.

“Awww, so cute. She looks like me.” Kris caressed her cheeks as he said those words that made me laughed internally.

PFFT, he’s always the same.


What a beautiful morning to wake up to. I stretched my arms before getting up from bed, getting ready my muscles for the day. I quickly checked on Elna, feeling happy that she didn’t wake me up in the middle of the night and now, she was still sleeping in peace. The strange thing was that, I feel lonely.

Where’s Kris?

I heard a lazy groan coming from our bed and to my surprise, Kris was sleeping! Was he faking or was it really true? I approached him, taking long strides although the distance wasn’t far. “Kris!” I half-shouted, waking him up from his beauty sleep.

“Yeah, babe?” , that morning voice was ah-ma-zing. It was the first time for me to hear it, and gawd, in no matter of time, I was already drooling for…the bed bad beast. But I had to remove that thought away first because my confusion was something that needed attention from both sides.

“You’re sleeping?”

“I’m sleeping?” He looked dazed and confused for quite a moment. I assumed that he didn’t realise that he fell asleep too. His phone suddenly rang and he immediately answered the call –from Suho. I signalled him to put it on speaker, and almost hesitantly, he did.

“Ay dude. I’ve got good news.” Okay, what good news could it be?

“Your symbol on the main board faded last night.” Kris widened his eyes upon hearing Suho’s statement. “Wait, vanish is the right word. Did you change into a werewolf last night?”

“No.” Kris replied shortly, and I added a detail for Suho. “And he fell asleep. Werewolves don’t sleep, right?”

Suho was probably shocked with my presence since he kept silent for a while. “Yes, Rhea. Unless they return into their human form, just like Kris now.”

“Are you serious? How?”

“According to the ancestors that came to check what happened in this house – you have no idea how shock we were to have guests in the morning! – Elna had helped to transform you into human. Your human wife conceived a half-blooded child, obviously, and that had fulfilled your long-time wish.” Suho explained. I gaped at the wonder of Elna’s ability. I never thought that this was the actual solution rather than…killing me. “And dude, sorry to say that you’re no longer the chief of the group. They’re appointing a new one.”

“No problem, man. Who is it?” We both heard a small chuckle from the other line of the call.

“Kim Joonmyeon.” Aha! That explained the chuckle. It was predictable though. Before ending the call, the both of us congratulate him and that we’d come to the ‘formal’ event in the future.

I saw Kris smiling non-stop at Elna. I followed where his eyes landed at our beautiful baby and smiled together with him. I had never imagined spending life with Kris like this. But then again, I actually could see the future with him and it will be a beautiful one. The one that not even talented artists could draw and not even skilful painter could paint our future life. It’s going to be beautiful by its own, without any supernatural or black magic – just me, Kris, Elna and future juniors.

“Babe, I really love you and Elna.”

“I love you too. And I’m sure Elna loves her daddy. Right, Elna?” Elna was still sleeping, but when I asked her, she shifted and stretched her whole body as if saying yes to my question.

“Now, can we make more Kris and Rhea juniors?”


 

[A/N]: Guise, I almost cried typing this because I'm just so emotional T.T . - this one is my debut story. Six months ago, when I first type this story, I thought I will end this story real fast. I don’t know why but there’s just this one weird feeling of happiness (?) when I end this story. I admit that I literally smiled like an idiot and imagine myself as Rhea (XP) in this epilogue.

I can’t believe that I started typing this story after school ends and ended this story before school starts again. Like, yeah man. I feel cool suddenly. Hmmmm……

It has been a great time writing for you readers out there, though some preferred to become The Silent One. I know very well that I have typos and grammar imperfections, but thank you for bearing with my ugly writing.  Thank you again for all of your support. I really love reading the comments. I’m sorry that I can’t reply to some of the comments but really I LAVH YOU LIKE A LOVE SONG. NO – MORE THAN A LOVE SONG ACTUALLY. I LOVE YOU HOW MUCH I LOVE KYUNGSOO NOW HAHA OK KRIS I AM SORRY.

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN.

 

XOXO, KRONCUBINE.