First Snow

Water

A pair of arm slid around Rhea’s waist like a snake. Kris then propped his chin on her shoulder. They stayed like that for a moment, both waiting for each other to speak up. Rhea awkwardly played with her phone, reviewing all her photos to be exact, and it was very uncomfortable to do so when Kris was watching.

 

“You’re such a selca queen.” He said, starting off a conversation.

 

“I am, because I’m cool. I’m making full use of my cell phone, unlike you. You’re still not making full use of your high-tech phone, am I right?” Rhea answered, trying to act cool with the conversation. Without Rhea noticing it, Kris took out his phone from the pocket of his auburn denim. He quietly searched for the ‘camera’ application, and with a swift move, he stretched out his arm as far as he could and snapped a photo of the both of them.

 

“If you’re cool, I’m hot.” Kris said before planting a soft kiss on Rhea’s supple cheek. He immediately snapped another photo of their present activity. His action caused Rhea to blush and turned as red as a tomato, as if Kris wasn’t suppose to do that.

 

“Now I’m making full use of it with and because of my dearest, special lady in my heart.” He guided Rhea to turn and faced him. Again, Rhea couldn’t stop her blushing. What’s wrong with me? He’s my boyfriend, why am I like this?, she thought to herself.

 

“Ewww, Kris. That’s so cheesy.” Rhea replied him with a cynical smile, creating crinkles at the corner of her eyes. Somehow she managed to answer him confidently despite her shyness. Kris laughed it off, although there was nothing really humorous in her sentence.

 

Kris could be weird sometimes. He laughed when he wasn’t supposed to, but when someone cracked a joke, he didn’t make any sound. Instead, he’ll finish his time by watching Rhea secretly – watching every single person who made eye contact with her. Kris wasn’t really that giggly type when Rhea first met him either. He’d just chuckled or snickered, but no real laugh. Now that they’re in a relationship, he started to laugh a lot, but at inappropriate time.

 

“Seriously Kris, why did you laugh? There’s barely any humour in my sentence.”

 

“Nothing.” He simply replied. The wind blew another time, with chillier air that can frost Rhea’s brain by that moment. Rhea shivered as the cold wind came hitting on her skin as if her skin was impervious to the weather. Rhea had the choice to go back inside the house, but she chose to stay there with Kris and grabbed the chance to enjoy the panoramic view of the forest. The least that she could do to provide warmth was to hug her own body.

 

“Cold.” Rhea whispered, but it was loud enough for Kris to hear it. He approached her and encircled his arms around her for another time, providing her a complete warmness. She felt more comfortable to this side of Kris - caring, loveable and warm.

 

“Kris, why do you always bring me to The Great House rather than bringing me to your cottage?” Rhea asked, breaking the silence. Kris tightened his arms around her body and inhaled sharply.

 

“Because I found that you’re more comfortable when there are people around us, rather than just the both of us. I’m still wondering why.” He stated later, causing Rhea to think hard about the reasons. But the truth was, Rhea wasn’t sure why too. Maybe it was because of Kris’ hotness, or because she hasn’t really had any serious relationship with boys or maybe it just happened to occur like that. She couldn’t find the conclusion so she just mouthed an ‘Oh’.

 

The wind blew again, but this time, Rhea felt warmer. There was no cold pain on her skin. Kris’ skin felt as if it was her natural body heater. They looked up and stared at the pale-blue sky. The sky seemed neither gloomy nor the sun giving off blistering heat to every entity on earth. It was clear – a perfect view with Kris hugging her from behind. It was an affectionate moment with Kris that she wanted to capture. Then suddenly, a white, ball-like solid came falling down from the sky. First snow. As time goes by, more snow fell and covered the ground.

 

“My first snow with you.” Rhea told Kris. She could feel Kris’ smile on top of her head.

 

“My fist snow with you too.” She heard him reply. The vibration of his voice was enough to make the hairs on her skin stood up. They stayed in that position for quite a long time and watched the snow covering every single piece of soil below them. Without the both of them realising it, there were pairs of eyes watching their demonstrative doings.

 

“Eherm.” Luhan cleared his throat. Rhea and Kris immediately turned. They saw his other werewolves friends snickered behind. A playful smirk was plastered on each single face there. Rhea blushed for another time, and she hoped Kris would release the hug. It was awkward to be lovey-dovey with him when his friends were around.

 

“Since when did you guys...” A shocked expression was evidently shown on his face. Nonetheless, he wouldn’t want to release himself from the intimate hug either. It was a comfortable state which he himself wouldn’t want to admit in front of Rhea. He doesn’t want Rhea to feel as if he really loved her.

 

“Not too long ago, hyung. We went out to see the snow but we found your activity more amusing than the first snow.” Tao snickered once more which was then followed by other chortles from every mouth. Rhea lightly patted Kris’ arm, giving him the hint to release the hug. Kris had to give in and freed his arms from hugging Rhea. The others then groaned in ‘ire’ when they released the hug.

 

“What the? WHY?!” Suho folded his arms heatedly. Rhea wondered why they were acting like kids. Supposedly, Rhea and Kris should be mad at them for interrupting their time but it was the other way round. They scowled at Kris, as if giving him a warning of death. Kris then lifted his arms and put it over her shoulders to satisfy them.

 

“Why are they like that?” Rhea took the opportunity to ask him while the others mood had lightened up. Kris turned to look at her, with his eyes glowing with devotion. His irresistible lips curved into an alluring, exquisite smile that can even melt the snow.

 

“Yifan never brought a girl to this house other than Inhyun.”

 

“Yifan had never been in a relationship.”

 

“Yifan had never acted so warm and tender.” Some of them answered her voluntarily as if her question were loud enough to be heard by them. Rhea simply mouthed an ‘Oh’ before looking at Kris again. His eyes were still on hers, giving her reassurance of what they told her.

 

“I suddenly know what to do to lessen the awkwardness in our relationship.” Rhea suddenly blurted out of the blue that shocked everyone there.

 

“What is it?” Kris asked caringly, with a small frown created on his forehead.

 

“I’ll spend the whole winter with you. You’ll stay in my house during weekdays and we’ll go to your cottage during weekends. And can we spend Christmas there too? Invite them. And don’t forget my Chanyeol.”

 

“I’m perfectly okay with everything except at that last part when you said ‘my Chanyeol’.”

 

“Look, Kris. You know he’s my friend. Of course we should invite him. I don’t want to argue about this with you. And he’s mine because well, he’s mine.” Rhea gave a playful smirk at the end which Kris rolled his eyes to.

 

“Fine. I’m letting this go because you’re Rhea. Let’s go in now. It’s getting colder.” He pulled Rhea with him along. The others followed from behind with playful smirks still plastered on their face.

 

Without anyone realising it, someone else had watched them from afar.

 

“A pure human.” He muttered evilly.
 

 

 

[A/N] Helloooooooo there! A special chapter for Christmas here! MERRY CHRISTMAS PEEPS! I’M SO GLAD THAT I DREAMT OF KRIS ON CHRISTMAS EVE. THAT’S WHY I’M MORE THAN HAPPY TODAY OTHER THAN THE SUBSCRIPTIONS MADE BY USERS TO THIS STORY.*HI THERE* I’M GLAD YOU HAD SPENT YOUR TIME TO READ MY BAD FANFICTION. DO COME AND GIVE ME YOUR THOUGHTS OR ANY FEEDBACKS ♥ XOXO : KRONCUBINE